It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It's appalling what is happening. This idiot is going to keep it up until we have another major incident in our homeland.
I also dread to hear when the death reports start coming in.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
I am not looking forward to how many civilians have died. This size bomb was not needed. What is wrong with your president?

He's not a bitch.

So we're escalating in Afghanistan , still have troops in iraq, looking at putting troops into Syria, and now escalation and talk of troops on the ground for NK....

Just how sustainable do you suppose this is and on how many fronts before we are overtaken?

History shows consistently wars on too many fronts brings the downfall of empires....

This isn't bravado, this is suicide.....

It has already been sustained for decades.

Where was your concern back when Bush and Obama were pussy-footing all over thes same areas?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: lostbook

I wonder how many taxpayer dollars went to that, considering each Tomahawk Cruise Missile costs rougly $500,000

Who cares? Getting rid of ISIS is more important to me than a couple of dollars coming out of my paycheck.

Every heard the phrase, you can't kill an idea?
Never any money for those who need it but always money to set on fire.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
US as it stands right now, has lost a big chunk of its military troops during the last administration downsizing.

But what it lacks in troops is been replaced by technology.

I was today having a nice conversation with a Friend that is active Marine and was station in Iraq after the Iraq conflict, The Marines took a big cut in the last 8 years.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So, did they hit the right place with their bomb?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
More than likely this is America just giving its big bomb a trial run to see how it does out in the wild, kind of like it did with Japan. And, it sends the message to others that we are a big bully with bigger sticks, and don't mind killing civilians as we do our disco bombastic dance. Such is life with Imperial America, a falling star of global leadership whose promise of a democratic republic has brought so many to our shores. Suckas.

link   

Bringing the closer in from the bullpen isn't "escalating." We're ending conflicts right now.

link   
The media and people are stupid.
The media is putting "Trump bombed Afghanistan" in their titles instead of "Trump bombed ISIS in Afghanistan". Now everyone who only reads article titles thinks that Trump is trying to start a war with Afghanistan,

link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Yes, Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: lostbook

Looks like our politicians didn't have enough no-bid contracts going out to fulfill all of the demand. They have a lot of favors to return, so it looks like they are speeding up the destruction and rebuilding process.

USA! USA! USA!

Murder is patriotic, as long as people are making a ton of money and are working under an "official" capacity!

There are 194 other countries you can move to if you don't like America.

Can show where the founders of the nation wanted it's citizens to be financing a perpetual war machine for the profit of a small group of people?

link   
a reply to: rickymouse

With one mile ratios I am sure they hit something, moles could not run that fast.

link   
a reply to: marg6043

Its funny they keep saying this moab is the most powerful non nuclear bomb we have. Well it is the most powerful non nuclear bomb but its not the most powerful non nuclear weapon we have. In fact we have something non nuclear thats even more powerful than a nuke and it leaves no radiation.
edit on 13-4-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Not to be obtuse but since when is ISIS in Afghanistan? I mean, you will concede the narrative changes constantly?

Anyways, so much for no more foreign intervention. I would honestly rather send everyone back to where they came from and put the region on lock down than deal with these asshats in that forsaken place anymore. The west and the ME just are too contradictory, it's throwing good money after bad. Trump will learn, just like all the other POTUS. Meanwhile, the MIC reigns.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yes, Afghanistan.

You're incorrigible!

link   

This is the Trump administration the bomb hit the ground somewhere so it was of course on target.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Bringing the closer in from the bullpen isn't "escalating." We're ending conflicts right now.

I have a feeling that will be repeated in another 5 to 10 years. The machine marches on.

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

They've been there for several years now in relatively small numbers compared to Iraq and Syria. They allied with the Taliban at least three years ago.

link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I know, but this Big MOAB is the one that people remember from back in 2003, since then we come a long way baby.

Maybe the government is just cleaning the arsenal of the old stuff, before we can move to the new.

Oh, the things I can talk about but can not unless somebody bring the subject specifically.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Isis started moving in Afghanistan back in 2015 taking the area that was targeted with the bomb as their new camp.

Taliban is well know for their tunnels to keep hidden from attacks, so I guess they took the Taliban way of hiding.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Not to be obtuse but since when is ISIS in Afghanistan? I mean, you will concede the narrative changes constantly?

Anyways, so much for no more foreign intervention. I would honestly rather send everyone back to where they came from and put the region on lock down than deal with these asshats in that forsaken place anymore. The west and the ME just are too contradictory, it's throwing good money after bad. Trump will learn, just like all the other POTUS. Meanwhile, the MIC reigns.

Couple of years now... www.afghanistan-analysts.org...

As for "foreign intervention," I think you're incorrect here. The US has a skeleton force in Afghanistan assisting and training Afghan security forces to defend themselves. On Saturday, ISKP attacked the forces and killed a US Green Beret. We responded. Natural consequences aren't "intervention," they're natural consequences. This president is a fan of disproportionate response, and I respect the hell out of that fact.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join