It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
a reply to: LSU0408

Do you really think this is going to get rid of ISIS?

Not at all. But I bet they are having a small, clean underwear shortage at the moment.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Yes they took hold of that province since 2015, they created a net work of tunnels and safe haven for their terrorist groups, recruiting and training.

edit on 13-4-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: lostbook

21000 lb bomb which is the most powerful bomb short of a Nuclear bomb

Britain had a 22,000 lb bomb in WW II so that statement is false.

en.wikipedia.org...

Heavier doesn't always equal more power

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

originally posted by: LSU0408

I am not looking forward to how many civilians have died. This size bomb was not needed. What is wrong with your president?

He's not a bitch.

He's the biggest Bitch known to Man and so are you for supporting this phony war strike, wake up you pathetic moron. the U.S. Is the number one rogue terrorist nation, who is decimating this planet. also kindly not telling you about planet x. Now please stop stealing oxygen.

Oooooo, SALTY!!! How does it feel to be that miserable? Enjoy the next 8 years, LOLOLOL
edit on 13-4-2017 by LSU0408 because: Had to space the crybaby emojis out.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The only side that needs to concern themselves with the "eye for an eye" mentality of the enemy is the side which chooses to not attempt to win.

Which would be neither side in a "Holy War"...
I just don't see any benefit in defiling the dead.

It turns me off the people who suggest it while claiming to be holding the moral high ground.

Why stop there?

Why not use chemical weapons and child suicide bombers as well?

If we are playing by the same rules, right?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
As a Canadian, I can say that I'm happy we are cooperating neighbours with the US, because our military is weaksauce.

I am just an American Airmen... but I take exception to this statement, I have worked along side a number of Canadian military personnel. Yes the budget may be small in comparison to us and several other nations but there is nothing wrong with the Canadian fighting mans spirit or ability.

Sorry, my intentions were not to offend anyone. Kinda poking fun at myself you know? I know plenty of people in the military here. I wasn't attacking the spirit or the ability of the Canadians. I am Canadian after all, and a proud one.

But let's be honest, in comparison to the US as a whole, our military is pretty weak sauce.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Well I just got home after listening about the UN, now this the MOAB down ISIS butt.

Is about darn time, US has not weakened at all we are still the biggest superpower in the word 8 years of no good nothing has not taken away that fact

Our enemies are now getting to know America all over again.

There are more MOABs on the way...this is probably just a test run.

link   

originally posted by: PhotonEffect
a reply to: dragonridr

You spent time there?

Much respect.

Yes thats why i find it funny when people try to make it out like there was civilians killed. We could go days without seeing anyone but maybe a mountain goat. If you did spot anyone you could guarantee they were not friendly.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Russia have a more powerful yet smaller thermobaric weapon in there arsenal.

en.wikipedia.org... Father of All Bombs

Hopefully they dont choose to demonstrate there own in Syria.

edit on 13-4-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

As a Canadian, I can say that I'm happy we are cooperating neighbours with the US, because our military is weaksauce.

I am just an American Airmen... but I take exception to this statement, I have worked along side a number of Canadian military personnel. Yes the budget may be small in comparison to us and several other nations but there is nothing wrong with the Canadian fighting mans spirit or ability.

Sorry, my intentions were not to offend anyone. Kinda poking fun at myself you know? I know plenty of people in the military here. I wasn't attacking the spirit or the ability of the Canadians. I am Canadian after all, and a proud one.

But let's be honest, in comparison to the US as a whole, our military is pretty weak sauce.

Canada's military is weak because the money that could be invested in rebuilding the force is being sent to other countries like Haiti for rebuilding their country.

link   
a reply to: Spider879

One bomb and you're that scared?

This is why some of us have been trying to convince others to not let the situation get out of control for so long. The longer we waited to actually handle the situation, the more it took to handle it. Fanaticism festers, much like an unremoved splinter, until it is contained and eliminated. Let that splinter set for too long without attention, and it can literally be fatal (blood poisoning).

At this point, my concern is how bad the festering is... how arrogant have these forces become. Because if it has gone too far, this could start happening in your neighborhood or mine. The longer it goes on, the better the chance it will. And if it does, believe you me, one bomb will seem like a couple kids playing with bottle rockets.

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: Spider879

Here ya go

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Russia have a larger, more powerful yet smaller thermobaric weapon in there arsenal.

Hopefully they dont choose to demonstrate there own in Syria.

Why not? As long it lands on a terrorist's head or the round table of terrorist leaders, I have no problem with it.
edit on 13-4-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

dont mind me... not enough sleep... little to much jameson last night... add in the wife getting tagged for a short notice trip for her job to another country... all that makes me a grumpy old fart.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Also, a 'demo' of the MOAB can be seen in C&C Generals:ZERO HOUR by Westwood Studios/EA Games. Think I'll go fire up a game.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I didn't suggest chemical weapons or child bombers. I would draw the line at those because of my "holy" beliefs.

But I do support actually fighting and actually trying to win, instead of worrying that we might offend the fanatics trying to kill us.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yes but just like nukes or gas this type of weaponry does not discriminate.

Cant be sure you going to just kill terrorists.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ideally, we'd develop methods to posthumously defile the corpses...

You sound like the enemy.

Why, because he understands that "kill em with kindness" is just a figure of speech?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WAstateMosin

Also, a 'demo' of the MOAB can be seen in C&C Generals:ZERO HOUR by Westwood Studios/EA Games. Think I'll go fire up a game.

I heard that in Afghanistan the recreation room for Canadian soldiers is full of modern warfare video games....so I wouldn't be surprised this bomb be included in the headlines of news.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

originally posted by: LSU0408

I am not looking forward to how many civilians have died. This size bomb was not needed. What is wrong with your president?

He's not a bitch.

He's the biggest Bitch known to Man and so are you for supporting this phony war strike, wake up you pathetic moron. the U.S. Is the number one rogue terrorist nation, who is decimating this planet. also kindly not telling you about planet x. Now please stop stealing oxygen.

It must suck to be you as you watch as America becomes Great Again.

One mile blast radius, ISIS got their sphincters sucked out of their nostrils as they hid in their caves.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join