It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I can not wait to see what they have for NK and the fat boy Kim Jong, is about darn time, US needs to show our enemies that we are not taking crap anymore from any of them.

Hallelujah.

US have a few hot spot that the US government is keeping an eye on.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ideally, we'd develop methods to posthumously defile the corpses...

You sound like the enemy.

Why, because he understands that "kill em with kindness" is just a figure of speech?

Funny thing...terrorists blow themselves up with little dynamite sticks...why not do them a favor and HELP them kill them with kindness with a MOAB instead? A lot of umph behind a blast....if you gonna blow something up, go big or go home

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

US have an arsenal of very nice stuff that we have not seen yet and neither the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: LSU0408

If you read the thread I stood corrected theres a new creation ISIS X or whatever the spooks have conjured up,as for your intelligence agencies The Onion has been more accurate the last 6 months.

Then you should apply since you can do better.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Just as long as all our respective societies don't end up glowing in the dark for the next few thousand years.

My own city of Glasgow being pretty much right next to the Faslane military base i have to say i really dont think that kind of attitude is acceptable.

We all know the military might American can wield fact is we dont need to be reminded of it.

Far better ways to achieve our respective goals than going down the road of escalation and/or sabre rattling if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Britain had a 22,000 lb bomb in WW II so that statement is false.

Link doesn't work.
The MOAB is a fuel air bomb that may weigh less but has more destructive force.
The actual weight of the bomb doesn't necessarily equate to destructive force. Take a briefcase nuke for example.
The MOAB is actually small compared to The father of all bombs
Leave it up to them damn Russians...

I ask the ones complaining about the price tag of this weapon. What would be a better more cost effective use of this weapon since they are already built? Seeing as there must be hundreds if not thousands of these assembled in storage collecting dust.

Should we just donate them to liberal arts collages to turn into flower pots or something?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Yes but just like nukes or gas this type of weaponry does not discriminate.

Cant be sure you going to just kill terrorists.

Yes you can if your hiding in caves your terrorists,No one else would be in the area its really the worst place on earth.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

US have an arsenal of very nice stuff that we have not seen yet and neither the rest of the world.

Starwars program anyone?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Spider879

One bomb and you're that scared?

This is why some of us have been trying to convince others to not let the situation get out of control for so long. The longer we waited to actually handle the situation, the more it took to handle it. Fanaticism festers, much like an unremoved splinter, until it is contained and eliminated. Let that splinter set for too long without attention, and it can literally be fatal (blood poisoning).

At this point, my concern is how bad the festering is... how arrogant have these forces become. Because if it has gone too far, this could start happening in your neighborhood or mine. The longer it goes on, the better the chance it will. And if it does, believe you me, one bomb will seem like a couple kids playing with bottle rockets.

TheRedneck

Yes goddammit I am scared, I have family and friends in Japan but don't really give too bits about ma self as I had an interesting life so far and if it ends this night so be it, so yes a delivery from NK who is taking notes, in a worst case scenario will not likely reach Hawaii much-less continental US but will most definitely kill ma kids and friends, You may think this stuff stop in Afghanistan , but I know you are brighter than that.

Keep in mind this the same dude, who had to ask three times in one interview...If we have Nuclear weapons why can't we use them!!!
edit on 13-4-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Can't think of a better group of people to enjoy the recieving end of the moab.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
a reply to: LSU0408

Do you really think this is going to get rid of ISIS?

At the VERY least, it'll have them $#!^ing their pants...

I'd say it would make them think twice. Scare them crapless...

I'd say it was worth it.

But what do I know. I'm a gun totting, hillbilly, red neck, republican, conservative, bible thumbing, machine gun buying, Muslim killin, homophobic Jesus freak.

Right on! And a cop supporter

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

that bomb is not smaller at all, it''s four times as heavy and probably near impossible to actually use.
edit on 13-4-2017 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Thanks for the info.

Yes you have confirmed that the definition of the MOAB was incorrect. There is a larger non-nuclear bomb.

It always annoys me when statements are made without people checking for the facts and related info.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Some of these thermobaric weapons have a similar destructive force to a battlefield nuke.

Yes they are being used to destroy caves and terrorist right now, but should there use ever become common place one has to wonder if it would remain that way.

Think of the destruction and devastation one of these things may cause if ever dropped in the middle of a major town or city?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
There was likely very few to no civilian casualties. Reason being this location was specifically targeted:

The U.S. military likely chose to use the bomb, which cost about $16 million each, because the tunnel complex was in an open area where there was little danger of civilian casualties.

“U.S. forces took every precaution to avoid civilian casualties with this strike,” the military said in a statement.

Considering the press dropping this type of bomb would generate I am sure this site was chosen very carefully to specifically avoid any additional follow-up stories about civilian loss of life that might call into question the use of this type of weapon.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

I ment similar down to the thermometric nature of the weapon.

Cant see how chucking the thing out the back of a cargo plane is in any way an impossibility.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Sadly when it comes to enemies and they are also enemies of our allies, the friendly and loving approach is no working.

Those that wants to cause harm to us have not conscience.

I don't think nuclear weapons will be a problem is plenty of other type of weapons that can be précises, with minimum casualties if any and very highly successful.

Technology this days is incredible.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: freedom7

The 180 on so many of his policies in such a short time frame is shocking .

You bring this up while he stays good on one of his main promises. Why?

It is shocking because for once a President is keeping a promise...something the American people are used to being lied to?

Keeping his promises is driving them crazy... Absolutely crazy.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

People forgot about the Starwars program that was successfully tested a few years ago and is not death, is been getting better and better.

I can tell you this much, our local military base and depot has gotten busy in the last week and about to get busier.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Keep in mind this the same dude, who had to ask three times in one interview...If we have Nuclear weapons why can't we use them!!!

*sigh*
When your enemies believe you'd never utilize your nuclear armaments, regardless the situation, you've completely lost the power of nuclear deterrent. Trump's public statement on America's nuclear weaponry was what it was to ensure the rest of the world has "Uh, we may see a mushroom cloud if we screw with America too much" in the backs of their minds. That's sort of the whole point of owning the nukes in the first place.

The rest of what you're saying, I can understand why you're stressing. That said, you seem to be of the mind that some manner of capitulation would be less risky and more desirable. I disagree. I'd much rather see my family on their feet than on their knees, which is the only US position which would result in non-hostility from these various nations ruled by insane tyrants and insane zealots of a death cult.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join