It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Iran warn US they will 'respond with force' if red lines crossed in Syria again

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
a reply to: UnBreakable

USA needs to just kill them all.

(2 opposite opinions in 2 different threads)

When you say kill them all do you mean the human race?
Because missteps in this insanely dangerous game could lead to an irradiated future.
Good thing someone sane and level headed seems to be in charge.. ..ha ha

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I still have yet to see a attempt of Russian democracy being forced upon another country just for oil.

But, you were gonna mention Ukraine, right?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

More like Russia, Iran and Hezbollah having the victories. Personally I would go back to Syria before this so called "Civil War". We should have learned lessons from Libya but nooooooo, we never do.

Work on the total elimination of ISIS/Daesh. I could care less what happens to Syria after that. Syria will be the albatross around Obama's neck historically speaking. Even more so than Libya. Totally needless death and destruction.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I don't think Russia or the United States will ever fight each other in their own countries they are too smart for that. Iran and Syria will be the battleground if tensions rise.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I still have yet to see a attempt of Russian democracy being forced upon another country just for oil.
Yeah. 'cuz the US got a ton of oil out of Iraq.

But, you were gonna mention Ukraine, right?
No. I was talking about foreign intervention in civil wars.

edit on 4/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
wat is putin worser than the rest....?a reply to: Phage

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

In my opinion, yes.
But I am biased, I admit, in that regard. As much as I loathe Trump.

edit on 4/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It stopped being a civil war wen Turkey kept its borders wide open for anyone in the world to go live out their psychotic murderous fantasies while smuggling in weapons imported from the industrialized nations of NATO and its allies. That was, oh yea, that was year one.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Hard to think of any civil war that didn't involve outside interests.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Agreed. Its easy not to call it a civil war though when the majority of the fighters are imported from around the world. The only actual Syrian opposition were in small neighborhoods in specific cities at the time. Many of those were the equivalent of street gangs in the states who figured they could not lose with NATO and Gulf Emirates essentially dumping cash and weapons there.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Correct. The rebels are foreign invaders from Uzbekistan, Turkey, Chechnya, Xinjiang. Erdogan is the one who allows them passage into Syria.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
US needs to put the name Assad in a nice big missile and then deploy it to where the rat is hidden in Syria, one missile just for him.

BAM***************

No casualties.

Ummm...I used to think you were a quite reasonable and level headed individual...
This statement of yours seems to belie that...

I thought you were smarter than wanting to start a shooting war with Russia Iran and Syria...all while trying to back the North Koreans down...All from a president that said he was against that sort of thing...and from you as well...

I thought the stated goal was to eradicate terrorism...not become the terrorists...

I guess I'm just not a true believer...like you are...
Shame really...
May you seek a better frame of mind in which you don't count yourself among those wishing death and destruction...rather than those wishing compassion and creativity...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
...smuggling in weapons imported from the industrialized nations of NATO and its allies.

I have yet to see much Western kit being used by any side in the Syrian conflict, unless the "industrialised nations", by which I think you mean the developed West, are churning out all this Russian equipment.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Nikola014

Does that apply to Putin as well?

Ummm...no...you see...the glaring difference is that Russia was invited into Syria by it's government...as an ally...

While we on the other hand...not so much...we just did one of our historical unasked interventions...to the situation that we created...I might add...

Shades of Gen Wesley Clarke...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Plenty of arms to be purchased on the black market and shipped through Turkey. They don't have to be M-16s. Don't be naive. The Syria "rebels" and Daesh have the same supply lines and financiers.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

the glaring difference is that Russia was invited into Syria by it's government

Yeah. Russia's involvement is altruistic. Just helping Assad out because they're such nice guys.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
All we can do is look on in shame, as another nation will inevitably fall under
the pretext of preplanned orchestrated propaganda via agenda driven pundits.

We pat ourselves on the back over arm-chair political opinions knowing any
semblance of courage to stop this madness has already been emasculated.

"Forgive me dear God for my cowardice, in exchange I offer a prayer for
the many Syrians that have watched their relatives callously slaughtered,
and for the future widows and orphans that will soon be created to fulfill
the agenda of psychopaths"

Unfortunately since psychopaths are never satisfied the Iranian Government
& it's people would be incredibly naive & negligent if they are not preparing for war.

"That there are men in all countries who get their living by war, and by keeping up
the quarrels of nations, is as shocking as it is true." - Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: marg6043

one missile just for him.

Then what?

Then we show Putin both middle fingers, our ass, and what 10-times Moscow's annual military spending really buys in this world. Love it or hate it, the US is still the only entity powerful enough to tell the world "try me, bitch" and walk out the other side with our teeth still intact and only our knuckles bloody.
edit on 9-4-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
Oh yea, these are Russian weapons alright!

Syria is not even one of the countries that the MG3 was used in or sold too, but Turkey is and manufactures it under license.

Thats a really small sample, would you like me to fill this thread up with about eight more pages of other NATO produced weaponry, or is this enough??

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

ooohrah.

Rattle some more. It turns me on.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join