It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Iran warn US they will 'respond with force' if red lines crossed in Syria again

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: alexpmi

Of course the US is protecting it's interests, it would be illogical and suicidal not to. Russia, China, North Korea, Iran etc. do the exact same thing. The US is what provides balance to the global stage. We help countries like South Korea, Japan, SE Asia to avoid military conflict with China. We help European countries from having to fight off Soviet invaders. The US has been a great deterrent, we've stopped who knows how many wars, and saved who knows how many millions/hundreds of millions of lives. Of course we're not perfect, nothing is, but the world is a hell of a lot better off with the US as a global power than they would be without the US.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Perhaps back n the days when the USA wasn't having a nervous breakdown.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If I were Trump, I would step over that line until I found where the real line was.

That's what they do. Why wouldn't I?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
And people were wetting their pants because if Hillary got into office she would get us into another war. Who would have thought the guy screaming bigger military would look for ways to get America into another war? And shame on Obama for not attacking and invading yet another nation that did nothing to America.

It's VERY possible (I'm sure I could find some posters to agree) that conflict was inevitable, regardless of who won the general.

Would you rather have a big military in times of war or a small one?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Perhaps back n the days when the USA wasn't having a nervous breakdown.

Let's say the US disappeared tomorrow. What do you think the Chinese would start doing? What do you think the Russians would start doing? What do you think Iran, Saudi, Turkey, Pakistan etc. would start doing? I doubt you think these countries would be preparing for world peace now that the evil US is gone. No, they would aggressively seek to achieve regional or global dominance, which means they would be waging massive wars. And then Japan, South Korea, the EU, Egypt, Israel etc. would have to counteract. The US is the only thing keeping the world from falling into total chaos. Even if you hate the US, you should at least view them as Saddam Hussein. Saddam was a bad guy, but compared to how Iraq is now, it was paradise under Hussein. Same with the US, even if you think they are bad, the world is far better off with them then without them. (And yes I understand the US took out Saddam, as I said we make mistakes, the Iraq War probably being the worst - which I was always against fyi)
edit on 9-4-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Why? Were making decisions based on propaganda from the mocking bird media. They control the narrative everything they say is Bull#. So some idiots believe it and no doubt will get their asses blown out, and have a long time in a wheelchair to contemplate their actions, when the penny drops and they realise they have ruined their lives for some one else's pipeline, I wouldn't want to be them..

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Looks like i'm the new debunker in chief now. Fake News again. I do hope the stupid MSM didn't botched any covert operations against Daesh with all this bs.

russia-insider.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Correct. The rebels are foreign invaders from Uzbekistan, Turkey, Chechnya, Xinjiang. Erdogan is the one who allows them passage into Syria.

which makes one consider the repercussions of Turkey's upcoming vote to [legitimize] erdogan's dictatorial power and essentially end parliamentary government. probably thoughts for another thread but...
whatever Lola wants...

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

And people were wetting their pants because if Hillary got into office she would get us into another war. Who would have thought the guy screaming bigger military would look for ways to get America into another war? And shame on Obama for not attacking and invading yet another nation that did nothing to America.

Hillary believed a cyber attack should warrant anything up to and including military retaliation. Try again.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Already the case for taking Assad has been made in the UN by Haley, if US wants Assad out of the country it will get him out of power, I am sure Russia will receive him with open arms.

That is how politics works.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Here we go with the red lines again.

Putin is sounding a lot like Obama now. How ironic.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Your kidding right..you would think the U.S. would of cleaned up in Vietnam, you know..with such technical superiority.
How that work out?..I'll answer for you..not very well.
Unless the plan is turn the place into glass it's much easier said than done.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

And shame on Obama for not attacking and invading yet another nation that did nothing to America.

Then Obama should have kept his mouth shut instead of issuing numerous threats to Syria about gassing their own people, then doing nothing about it. That only emboldened Assad when he saw Obama was a spineless weasel.

Where is this proof he gassed his people? The last time this happened the Russians claimed it was the rebels. The rebels even posted videos of them testing the gas on animals.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Hillary believed a cyber attack should warrant anything up to and including military retaliation. Try again.

A cyber attack should warrant retaliation depending on the severity of the attack. Seeing how virtually everything is controlled by computer now a good cyber attack can leave a nation defenseless.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The usa should just steer clear of syria. More deaths of innocent people here at home last week.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I personally see Iran and Russian leaders some of the laziest and stupidest people on the planet. Here's why:

What is Iran and Russia's biggest thorn in their side? The USA of course. And why is that so? Because of radical Islamist fronts like ISIS is the reason the USA is all over the map and being that thorn.
Now if Iran and Russian leaders and others including Syria and elsewhere had two cents worth of brain function they would be falling all over each other and us to deal with it in expeditious fashion.

But instead they seem to have zero national security or even any intelligence about ISIS running around with chemical weapons and other nasty toys and declare themselves innocent of that attack as if nobody has a clue, but they always have words for the USA.
This gives the real impression that they are either colluding with the USA to do this, or they really are that stupid to begin with.
If these imbeciles really wanted the USA off their backs they would be pursuing the ISIS thing like they actually give a flying F'ak, but instead they just provoke the USA even more so that the USA can continue to make them miserable on a daily basis 24/7.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
They are fighting the # out of ISIS in Syria and Iraq. Iran has lost several generals already, and Russia has lost some of its soldiers and pilots as well. Officially, I think the USA has only lost just under a half dozen soldiers between in the last two years inside of Syria and Iraq. Brits and French have lost about an equal amount.

What more exactly do you propose that Russia and Iran do in addition to the sacrifices they are making fighting on the ground face to face and around the corners and in the skies of Syria and Iraq?? Lets take into account Iran's GDP and defense spending as well.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: TinfoilTP

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
They are fighting the # out of ISIS in Syria and Iraq. Iran has lost several generals already, and Russia has lost some of its soldiers and pilots as well. Officially, I think the USA has only lost just under a half dozen soldiers between in the last two years inside of Syria and Iraq. Brits and French have lost about an equal amount.

What more exactly do you propose that Russia and Iran do in addition to the sacrifices they are making fighting on the ground face to face and around the corners and in the skies of Syria and Iraq?? Lets take into account Iran's GDP and defense spending as well.

If what you say is true, and it well may be true, then why aren't Iran and Russia and Syria asking to be our allies to rid ISIS from their midst? We blame ISIS, Russia and Syria and Iran whatever blame ISIS, and yet all those three countries can seem to do is pretend their big problem is the USA?

Why is there zero honesty between these nations and the USA about what their real problem is? There should be a united front against ISIS to root them out and destroy them all, but all we are getting is that it's all the USA's fault?

Either we have some seriously stupid diplomats, or all these countries including the USA want this to continue in a state of confusion with no apparent knowledge of any possible solution, and all we hear is that there is no solution with no one offering any, except that everyone hates the USA and they hate each other too because they are killing each other as well as threatening us.

Either way, judgement day is coming very soon it appears.

The entire thing as a whole is rotten from the inside out and it's probably something to do with our alphabet agencies run amok.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
So..

How long should a POTUS wait while innocent children and families are murdered by a dictator using chemical weapons?

I mean, you can't have your cake and eat it to. If Obama was being a pussy for not putting their feet to the fire, and Trump is being ' a dictator' for doing it, you have to stop pretending your interests are in the war's resolution.

Your interest is purely partisan and is manufactured by the media sources you consume.

Syria uses chemical weapons. The US bombs the operation. That seems like an appropriate response. They probably could have done a better job mind you.

But if there's one thing Trump should not be scared of, it's Iran and Putin making empty threats. Obama's diplomacy was weak at best. Let's not repeat that same error.

~Tenth

Lol, what a naive post

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

"page not found"....so fast to be deleted?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join