It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Iran warn US they will 'respond with force' if red lines crossed in Syria again

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: TinfoilTP

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
They are fighting the # out of ISIS in Syria and Iraq. Iran has lost several generals already, and Russia has lost some of its soldiers and pilots as well. Officially, I think the USA has only lost just under a half dozen soldiers between in the last two years inside of Syria and Iraq. Brits and French have lost about an equal amount.

What more exactly do you propose that Russia and Iran do in addition to the sacrifices they are making fighting on the ground face to face and around the corners and in the skies of Syria and Iraq?? Lets take into account Iran's GDP and defense spending as well.

If what you say is true, and it well may be true, then why aren't Iran and Russia and Syria asking to be our allies to rid ISIS from their midst? We blame ISIS, Russia and Syria and Iran whatever blame ISIS, and yet all those three countries can seem to do is pretend their big problem is the USA?

Why is there zero honesty between these nations and the USA about what their real problem is? There should be a united front against ISIS to root them out and destroy them all, but all we are getting is that it's all the USA's fault?

Either we have some seriously stupid diplomats, or all these countries including the USA want this to continue in a state of confusion with no apparent knowledge of any possible solution, and all we hear is that there is no solution with no one offering any, except that everyone hates the USA and they hate each other too because they are killing each other as well as threatening us.

Either way, judgement day is coming very soon it appears.

The entire thing as a whole is rotten from the inside out and it's probably something to do with our alphabet agencies run amok.
Russia did try to work with US to get rid of ISIS but US refused to work together.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
All I can say is, Sol help us if we end up in a war with Russia. It will be disastrous for the entire world.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
Russia and Syria both have called on all parties, especially the USA, to join forces to combat ISIS. They have also welcomed the joining of various NATO member states to the fight against ISIS. It seems to me they have done their best to seek common ground in fighting Daesh. I don't know that there is anything more they can offer.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

As if anyone is scared of Russian and Syria. I certainly have no fear of such backwards technologies. The USA defiantely has all the best stuff in the world and we dont even have to think twice about launching 60 nuclear capable cruise missles at there installations because we have billions more just like them we are unstoppable GOD I love being American!

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Incredibly ignorant ..you still in high school?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That only emboldened Assad when he saw Obama was a spineless weasel.

Yeah.He continued, on and on, with those gas attacks.

Oh, wait.

He did, 2 more times. Once in '14 and another in '15 i believe those are the right dates.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Why cannot Russia & Iran pick another leader for Syria that will be more competent and less aggressive to the innocent in the middle of the conflicts there that the global community including USA gives the ok for.
Then the new Syrian leader leads the response against isil/daesh with the support of Russia, Iran and the US/UN?
Avoids US & Russia conflicts based on Syria. Puts Syria in control of their mainland w/ local direct support from assisting countries...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth
Posted Earlier, you are thinking of attacks in 2013 in which Assad was blamed, but the UN found them to be the victims as well as the civilians. The truth does get out, just happens to be long after people lose interest in the specific event and the sound bites are burned into their mind.
UN Mission Report Confirms that “Opposition” Rebels Used Chemical Weapons against Civilians and Government Forces

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

a reply to: xstealth
Posted Earlier, you are thinking of attacks in 2013 in which Assad was blamed, but the UN found them to be the victims as well as the civilians. The truth does get out, just happens to be long after people lose interest in the specific event and the sound bites are burned into their mind.
UN Mission Report Confirms that “Opposition” Rebels Used Chemical Weapons against Civilians and Government Forces

The only problem i have is the report was from the Russians and they have every reason to mislead the UN. They also vetoed the UN sec council from doing their own report. So when Russia is on the sec council and can decide what comes before it not sure the UN is impartial on this matter.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

are you talking about the 2013 incident, or this 2017 one?? Guilty parties usually do not invite the UN and the OPCW to do independent investigations of the incidents in question, twice. And then again in Aleppo, the report of which is due out soon.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It's simply good policy not to threaten Russia, good neighbours do not place missiles on their border with Russia. If their was any provocation fair enough.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

are you talking about the 2013 incident, or this 2017 one?? Guilty parties usually do not invite the UN and the OPCW to do independent investigations of the incidents in question, twice. And then again in Aleppo, the report of which is due out soon.

Here is the last UN report on 2013. this one was not made by the russians.

The experts’ mandate does not allow them to say who was responsible for the deadly barrage. But if you read between the lines, it isn’t difficult to figure it out. The rocket systems identified by the U.N. as used in the attack – truck-launched 330mm rockets with around 50 to 60 liters of Sarin, as well as 140mm Soviet-produced rockets carrying a smaller Sarin-filled warhead – are both known to be in the arsenal of the Syrian armed forces. They have never been seen in rebel hands. The amount of Sarin used in the attack – hundreds of kilograms, according to Human Rights Watch’s calculations – also indicates government responsibility for the attack, as opposition forces have never been known to be in possession of such significant amounts of Sarin.

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
And people were wetting their pants because if Hillary got into office she would get us into another war. Who would have thought the guy screaming bigger military would look for ways to get America into another war? And shame on Obama for not attacking and invading yet another nation that did nothing to America.

God forbid the United States defend civilians including children from their government gassing them, right?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: buster2010
And people were wetting their pants because if Hillary got into office she would get us into another war. Who would have thought the guy screaming bigger military would look for ways to get America into another war? And shame on Obama for not attacking and invading yet another nation that did nothing to America.

God forbid the United States defend civilians including children from their government gassing them, right?

Nope your supposed to look the other way. And at the same time defend a dictator who has killed 500000 of his citizens. Because you know their air strike happened to hit a guy who happen to be mixing sarin gas, and somehow it magically teleported to different locations like the one that hit in the middle of a street.
edit on 4/10/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Phage

I still have yet to see a attempt of Russian democracy being forced upon another country just for oil.

But, you were gonna mention Ukraine, right?

Nope, Georgia..

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

as well as 140mm Soviet-produced rockets

The rebels were using these same MLRS 140mm systems for years. Thats kind of what happens when the government loses control of almost the entire country for 5 years. I have videos in my WW3 thread loaded with rebels using these same exact rocket systems. Feel free to scope them out.

Oh look, moderate rebels hitting the Syrian Army with mlrs. Who had what in their arsenal you say?? They have all the same ground equipment.

I skimmed the majority of the report you sourced me. Appendix 5 page 26 references the actual munitions used.

How could he kill 500,000 of his citizens when he was not in control of the majority of his country for the last 5 years?? I think your confused, because those dead citizens were mostly in rebel held areas as Assads government barely even has control of a third of the original boundaries of the country TODAY, let alone for the last five years. I guess you have also surrendered your mind and allowed others to do your thinking for you.

and another one I guess....

edit on 4-10-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: RomeByFire

Go to Syria yourself if you're that concerned. We Americans have enough problem at home to worry about those abroad - not to mention the relentless campaign aimed at Assad for the past five+ years.

Because America contributes to the problem. That drone program you mention, the selling of arms to terrorist organisations etc.

America is responsible for a lot of problems in the middle east, because of the last 40 years of diplomacy.

You don't get to commit to things just when they are easy and then turn tail and run when your actions have caused much more harm than good.

Isolationism and nationalism only work if your country has a history of staying out of people's business. Not if you're the primary cause of problems over several decades.
~Tenth

Iam sorry but i dont get that logic?

lets try to simplify this for moment. Lets say syria is an appartment, Turkey, Iraq, Iran Russia is the neighbours and USA is an appartment in another area of the town.

Now, if you lived in an appartment (syria) and a outside guy from another part of town (USA) keeps crashing your party, bringing friends that keeps destroying your stuff (Nato/EU), then what would you do? Throw him and his friends out? Call the police for help or ask your neighbours (Russia, Iran etc) for help?
Or do you want the trouble maker and his friends to come and help with the problems?

I think it is time we go home home and sober up, think about what we done and leave those people alone, cause this path we have taken, is never gonna give us peace, only death and destruction.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

When I read this and continue to read about it. It certainly causes me concern for the future of our world. People with high ego's in a soup or arrogance makes for bad reactions.

I do not know if there is a bigger game at play here and its all smoke and mirrors but Russia talking about retaliating on America if it is America that attacks once again. That, you do not hear everyday.

Is it Russia wanting to force its foot into the door and stay or is it America over stepping its mark. I wonder which.

Seems like there is a lot to gain and loose on both sides, yet the feeling is like one of them wants to own more land.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Why is this thread still here?, it was said that this story was fake news by someone yesterday.

...Like I'm supposed to believe it when some random somebody says something is supposedly fake news or something ?...

I wonder what percentage of people actually stop paying attention to something because they get some random source telling them something is fake news, who is to say that the person claiming an article or story is fake isn't the one producing the fake news themselves.

Reminds me of an old song by Phil Collins, "Land of Confusion"...

Remember, if bombs start falling in your hood, that if you believe them to be fake, they become unreal and disappear into nothing....(sarc)

edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: punct

edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

actually it needs to be aimed for riyahd at kings palace the second one aimed at where saudis top clerics and imans dwell.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join