It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Trump was doing everything he could to get the investigation out of the news, but nothing was working until this. Yesterday was the first day the media didn't mention the Trump campaign Russia investigation.

Trump comes on the television a day prior saying children and babies were being gassed.

Now he's the hero who strikes back at those nasty people who were gassing little babies.

Reality is they only attacked one airbase which will make nearly no difference in that war, but it sure makes for good world wide press.

Trump is now a hero for striking back at the baby killers, he gets his investigation out of the news, China is visiting and he puts pressure on them to get North Korea in order or else the same might occur there. All with one event.

Who set up that event to save Trump? Probably Putin as Russia knew of the bombing prior to the bombs falling, so while they complain in the media the truth is they set it up to help Trump get his ratings up and get more Americans on board with him. According to the media Some of Russia's aircraft have been using that base - but no word of any Russian craft damage or no Russians caught up in collateral damage.

Trump supporters are ecstatic (yeah, who-rah see I told you Trump is great....) and non supporters are coming around now that he did something that most feel is right - he attacked baby killers.

That's my WAG, but hey I think it's the best thing he's done since becoming president and I don't even like him.

Maybe all will go back to normal now and Trump might be a normal president....I doubt it.
edit on 4/7/17 by verylowfrequency because: sp

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So is the 39% strike rate good?

The 2 that landed in nearby villages isn't for sure.

I always thought cruise missiles were a higher rate of accuracy.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

If it was sarin gas those first responders would be dead....

So, everything's just hunky-dory... they killed children agonizingly with 'good' poison gas.

Really? You really think that matters?

TheRedneck

Ya cause screw accuracy of information who needs to really now what's going on , let's just rush in there and kill em all!!!!

I swear no wonder Trump got elected , common sense has vacated this country

But.. who says YOU need the information?? You dont, youre not getting it either. Those who count and can act on it have ALL of the information. Youre just a powerless nobody.. like me

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: TheRedneck

Our best option after this? Pack up and get out of Syria.

That's the only option.

Without cooperation and "non-conflict" communication channels anymore ...Russia gets Syria.

Trump was clear in the words he was given to justify this..."Clear and immediate threat to national security" is how explained the Chemical Weapons.

But..as far as what comes next? Putin gets Syria and we cease operations.

Not sure if this was the plan or not.

But it does look like win for Putin(Gets Syria to himself) and a win for Trump (PR) ...and a loss for the Syrian people.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Youre just a powerless nobody.. like me

We're all powerless nobodies who speculate and guess based on a variety of information that we either accept or disregard based on our own biases and filters.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Youre just a powerless nobody.. like me

We're all powerless nobodies who speculate and guess based on a variety of information that we either accept or disregard based on our own biases and filters.

It gets to me when people say they need this or that classified information... no they dont. They say have to be 100% accurate.. they wouldnt know an accurate piece of info or an accurate response if they saw it...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: verylowfrequency

Trump is now a hero for striking back at the baby killers,

After first calling up the "baby killers" and saying, hey...sorry about this..we gotta make a show of it and are going to bomb the Sharyat Airbase...would you mind packing up your men and equipment and moving out of the way?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Just to make you happy:

Let them try!

OK, now that that's out of the way... Syria already didn't want us flying over them. We supported the rebels, remember? Russia has already been warning us about flying over Syria, because they support Assad. So what has really changed?

Honesty. Now we won't be playing political games with the lives of our soldiers. Now we know who to watch out for. We know Assad will shoot at us (nothing really new) and Russia might (new). So we will have precautions against both of them now.

Better than trying fight with one's fingers in one's ears... IMO.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Russia has their port there. They also have made it clear don't mess with the places they have foreign bases (Crimea). They don't have a lot, so it's best we don't mess with the ones they do.

We can continue to dictate the rest of the world, just not Russian areas.

I don't like the idea of a new cold war. Russia doesn't need Cuba anymore, missiles are faster and MIRV's, not to mention subs parked in international waters off our coast.

It isn't a win for us to push Russia, because Putin really is a damn maniac that would push that red button, and he doesn't have the checks and balances we do.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is an every growing problem in Syria. Too many outsiders trying to vie for a piece of that country without concern for the very people who are at the most risk.

Obama, did go to congress wanting approval to use the military and put boots on the ground. Congress did nothing, and thus a deal with brokered with Russia, to gather and destroy said chemical weapons.

Russia and various other governments and countries in the area are working to try to stop ISIS including going into Syria, however, the goals are fuzzy.

Now we have Trump, with suspected ties to Russia, which had direct ties to the Assad government.

Now here is the problem: The president states launch an attack. Russia is alerted, which then tells the Assad government that moves key military assets and all we get is a fireworks display that costs millions and nothing to show for it.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Syria didn't want it, but Russia agreed to it, so by default Syria did too. Russia made that agreement for them.

Russia just took that agreement off the table.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Under optimum conditions they are. At the same time you're trying to hit their facilities, they're trying to stop you. You never have optimum conditions. They could have done better, but considering redundant targeting and systems failures that's not bad.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

If it was sarin gas those first responders would be dead....

So, everything's just hunky-dory... they killed children agonizingly with 'good' poison gas.

Really? You really think that matters?

TheRedneck

Ya cause screw accuracy of information who needs to really now what's going on , let's just rush in there and kill em all!!!!

I swear no wonder Trump got elected , common sense has vacated this country

But.. who says YOU need the information?? You dont, youre not getting it either. Those who count and can act on it have ALL of the information. Youre just a powerless nobody.. like me

Because the people should have accurate information especially when that information is the reason their leaders are launching attacks on foreign soil.....

You may like having your head in the sand but I don't. And as one of those men who was formerly sent into those places to put my life on the line along w my brothers and sisters BECAUASE of that informationyou damn right I think we deserve to know the truth behind what could cost more lives ...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Ya cause screw accuracy of information who needs to really now what's going on

Did Assad (or his forces) launch an attack on the victims? Yes.

Did that attack kill the victims, including little children? Yes.

Were chemical weapons used? Yes.

Was it Sarin gas? Chlorine gas? Mustard gas? Pepper spray? Don't care.

Did Assad eat chicken or duck eggs for breakfast that morning? Don't care.

Were the planes used painted red or green? Don't care.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Honesty. Now we won't be playing political games with the lives of our soldiers.

Are you auditioning for comedy hour?

Politics aside that might be the most ridiculous thing I have seen said on this thread so far.

But...back to reality...

We have been running bombing campaigns in Syria for a couple years now against ISIS targets.

The only real difference here was that we hit asphalt that belonged to Assad, after calling the target and politely asking them to move out of the way so no one got hurt and no expensive equipment was damaged.

Now we can no longer fly in Syria. Or bomb or anything else.

Without Russian channels of communication (which they revoked today) we don't know where they are flying and fender benders at 400 Mph mid-air are not something the USAF is interested in.

Without Russian comm channels/coordinate we can not bomb ANY targets in Syria without knowing if their are Russian troops on the ground...and the US isn't going to make it their business to bomb Russian Soldiers...at least not over the Syrian conflict.

We are done in Syria....and it cost Putin nothing. Not one plane, not one vehicle, not one soldier.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Putin really is a damn maniac that would push that red button

No he is not. Putin is one of the richest men on the face of the planet. He's not going to do a damn thing that'll keep him from spending money as he pleases.

As long as one understands that ... one understands what Putin's limits are.

link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Under optimum conditions they are. At the same time you're trying to hit their facilities, they're trying to stop you. You never have optimum conditions. They could have done better, but considering redundant targeting and systems failures that's not bad.

I looked at it like throwing the ladyfingers at the little sister, but saving the m80's for the other guys who have m80's in a fireworks war. Ladyfingers dont do much but they still make a loud pop. Kinda like the baby missiles we just dropped. Low load for a surgical strike... dont blow your fingers off, but get the job done.

I find it amazing that no one has asked why Assad didnt respond. I can answer it though... because Russia didnt allow him to. Dun DUN DUUUN!!!

link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Well I wouldn't imagine much of an anti-cruise missile defense in place for Syria, so I would imagine it's more of an antiquated system needing an upgrade personally. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

That said I have to ask,

How about your opinion on Russia rescinding from the safe-flight memorandum?

link   

Ya cause screw accuracy of information who needs to really now what's going on

Did Assad (or his forces) launch an attack on the victims? Yes.

Did that attack kill the victims, including little children? Yes.

Were chemical weapons used? Yes.

Was it Sarin gas? Chlorine gas? Mustard gas? Pepper spray? Don't care.

Did Assad eat chicken or duck eggs for breakfast that morning? Don't care.

Were the planes used painted red or green? Don't care.

TheRedneck

Assad launched an attack on several targets , were they manufacturing chemical weapons or storing them in those targets we don't know...

Did Assads army drop chemical weapons , we don't know.

You're trying to act like you know the facts, when the only fact is , like the rest of us, you don't KNOW the facts

That's the whole point of this

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Until Turkish forces shot down a Russian aircraft we operated under those exact same constraints without anything happening. That would be why there are AWACS and other assets doing the same mission are for.

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join