It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

If it was sarin gas those first responders would be dead....

So, everything's just hunky-dory... they killed children agonizingly with 'good' poison gas.

Really? You really think that matters?

TheRedneck

Ya cause screw accuracy of information who needs to really now what's going on , let's just rush in there and kill em all!!!!

I swear no wonder Trump got elected , common sense has vacated this country

But.. who says YOU need the information?? You dont, youre not getting it either. Those who count and can act on it have ALL of the information. Youre just a powerless nobody.. like me

Because the people should have accurate information especially when that information is the reason their leaders are launching attacks on foreign soil.....

You may like having your head in the sand but I don't. And as one of those men who was formerly sent into those places to put my life on the line along w my brothers and sisters BECAUASE of that informationyou damn right I think we deserve to know the truth behind what could cost more lives ...

Dont use your service to make it as if you are entitled to more than you are. You arent the only one who's been there, left blood there, and is sick of this.
But.. you arent serving anymore. You are a civ. Get used to not getting 100% accurate information.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Ever heard the word "renege"? It means someone makes a promise and then doesn't fulfill it.

The memorandum is worthless, the signatures are worthless, unless all parties involved want it to happen. If they do, the memorandum is superfluous... purty paper.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Man, the only thing that i'm sure right now is: Trump proved to be a liar and a hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So, everything's just hunky-dory... they killed children agonizingly with 'good' poison gas.

TheRedneck

Ya cause screw accuracy of information who needs to really now what's going on , let's just rush in there and kill em all!!!!

But.. who says YOU need the information?? You dont, youre not getting it either. Those who count and can act on it have ALL of the information. Youre just a powerless nobody.. like me

Because the people should have accurate information especially when that information is the reason their leaders are launching attacks on foreign soil.....

You may like having your head in the sand but I don't. And as one of those men who was formerly sent into those places to put my life on the line along w my brothers and sisters BECAUASE of that informationyou damn right I think we deserve to know the truth behind what could cost more lives ...

Dont use your service to make it as if you are entitled to more than you are. You arent the only one who's been there, left blood there, and is sick of this.
But.. you arent serving anymore. You are a civ. Get used to not getting 100% accurate information.

Damn sure not using my service I'm making a point. And ANYONE should be concerned w getting the facts in sistuatuoms like this when it could cost American lives so you can drop your attitude at the door doesn't work on m bud 😉

Your apathy for not needing to know the truth doesn't apply to the majority of the country, and the world who DO want the truth

Don't like what I have to say? Not my problem
edit on 4/7/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The Block IV is far more advanced than any other Tomahawk ever built. Cruise missiles are just like other systems, and occasionally fail. Sometimes the terrain map is off and they hit terrain, a GPS/INS fix is slightly off, a mechanical part fails. It wouldn't matter if it was brand new or not, it happens.

They had to react, and that was about their only option. It'll make things riskier, but neither side wants a war.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

No one is getting 100% accurate info.

Not from the media, not from the govt involved.

Hundreds of possible reasons for everything, and the simple reason are "assad used chemical weapon because he wanted too and trump bombed them because he was sad and angry" and that is BS.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes, I understand, but in comparable terms, US and Russia signed a paper with a neighbor, the neighbor doesn't like the US but likes Russia so allows the US because Russia said let them on your property.

Now Russia just basically said don't let them on your property if you don't want to, if you shoot we don't care, here's some bullets and if they annoy us we'll shoot too.

That purty piece of paper sounds better huh...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Damn sure not using my service I'm making a point. And ANYONE should be concerned w getting the facts in sistuatuoms like this when it could cost American lives so you can drop your attitude at the door doesn't work on my bud 😉

I dont have an attitude, you just think I do cause I poked you in a sore spot. If you hadnt wanted to use your service .. then youd have not brought it up. I poked at it.. you responded.

Im a budette..

The thing is, we never left the ME.. and games are being played that you obviously dont know about. The gen public isnt getting the 100% accurate info.. its NOT happening. Youre part of that gen public. You SHOULD know you are not entitled to classified info.. and are along for the ride like the rest of the gen pub.

Hey look I can edit too!!
edit on 7-4-2017 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

It isn't a win for us to push Russia, because Putin really is a damn maniac that would push that red button, and he doesn't have the checks and balances we do.

It seems that the only people that get attention and or respect, are those that are declared as maniacs.

The only out for that is either you delete the maniac, or you become the biggest, baddest, most dangerous maniac of them all.

When we celebrate, fear, and tolerate maniacs, we just breed more maniacs.

P.S.
No. I am not condoning or encouraging war. I am really asking for us to look for another avenue, because this one is a dead end.

edit on 7-4-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Whoops. Posted too early.

link   

No they didn't. Russia said they aren't going to coordinate with us anymore. They revoked the cooperative agreement and the hotline between the two forces. That puts us back to where we were when Russia first moved into Syria.

link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They had to react, and that was about their only option. It'll make things riskier, but neither side wants a war.

With all due respect, why did they have to react?

Sounds like a stupid question, it really isn't, I thought the whole America first thing was meant to stop this from happening.

Call me naive, but while their playing war games, Joe public have to contend with what they are thrown in the way of information.

It's all very confusing, well to me anyway.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I find it amazing that no one has asked why Assad didnt respond. I can answer it though... because Russia didnt allow him to. Dun DUN DUUUN!!!

Snipped this out for truth!!!! OK guys I think this statement sums things up and should make you stop and think for a minute.

There has been no military response! NONE!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
SAA Su-22 taking off from Shayrat airbase this morning

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I just see an American jet being shot down by Syria with an S-300 or S-400 soon if we continue sorties. Won't be the Russians, but definitely Russian tech.

OR we get the hell outta there, which we have way too much invested into right now.

I do indeed see America being challenged on the warfront soon because of this if we persist. Our jets are not invincible.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Ya cause screw accuracy of information who needs to really now what's going on

Did Assad (or his forces) launch an attack on the victims? Yes.

Did that attack kill the victims, including little children? Yes.

Were chemical weapons used? Yes.

Was it Sarin gas? Chlorine gas? Mustard gas? Pepper spray? Don't care.

Did Assad eat chicken or duck eggs for breakfast that morning? Don't care.

Were the planes used painted red or green? Don't care.

TheRedneck

Assad launched an attack on several targets , were they manufacturing chemical weapons or storing them in those targets we don't know...

Did Assads army drop chemical weapons , we don't know.

You're trying to act like you know the facts, when the only fact is , like the rest of us, you don't KNOW the facts

That's the whole point of this

I would not recommend it for the faint of heart..

But there is a tonnage of video evidence out now...Sarin/Nerve agent, not chlorine gas..

sarin narrows the pupils and kills outdoors. Chlorine gas is most effective in buildings and confined spaces.

there are also witnesses in the hospitals, dying and otherwise that describe the airstrikes and the effects in detail.

Some horrific video and pics ..

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's still a poor performance ratio IMO.

A trajectory control should be far more accurate. My gut instinct says someone is cutting corners on the disturbance bounds in order to use lower-level controllers, or there is no smoothing function designed into the GPS receivers and glitches are causing the system to miscorrect outside the boundary conditions.

Either way, I don't think a better controller would cost enough to matter financially... unless someone values money much more than lives.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I just see an American jet being shot down by Syria with an S-300 or S-400 soon if we continue sorties. Won't be the Russians, but definitely Russian tech.

OR we get the hell outta there, which we have way too much invested into right now.

I do indeed see America being challenged on the warfront soon because of this if we persist. Our jets are not invincible.

Why are you so damn determined to get our soldiers shot down? Are you that excited over it? Damn get over yourself. The Russians are not going to shoot down American planes!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

Because Syria is their ally and gives them basing rights, and they have forces there. You support your allies. That includes some kind of a reaction when something like this happens. Revoking the agreement lets them react, without making things worse.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: Vector99

Why are you so damn determined to get our soldiers shot down? Are you that excited over it? Damn get over yourself. The Russians are not going to shoot down American planes!!!

Its the doomtard endorphins.. they get off on the thought of death and destruction. Literally. Hand him a hanky... its the polite thing to do.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

No one said they were going to start shooting Allied aircraft down. Our forces operated just fine with Russian forces before the hotline was set up and we will again.

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join