It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad crossed many Red Lines but I aint Broadcasting our Strategy!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

You cannot reveal a strategy when you don't have one. It's already more of the same: angry rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

No boots unless its Turkey. Trumps big option is to inform assad that he is going to destroy his air force take 1 day.

No US boots in Syria? You've been asleep or are covering it up...

this year...

"Take one day" to destroy Syrian airforce? After US jets "accidentally" bombed Syrian troops last year the Russian MOD made it clear there were defensive upgrades to Syria including S 300, 400, and Iskander missile systems to prevent further attacks...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Russia couldnt stop air strikes if the US chose to hit assad's air force. You would simply overwhelm their system with cruise missiles. Not to mention great opportunity to test Russian equipment because ultimately the Air force has been working on defeating air defence systems might be time to see if they can be effective. id suggest jamming and let cruise missiles have fun.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What if Russia does mass citizenship grants to Syrians? Russia population would increased by millions and America would not dare bomb SAA.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
DP
edit on 6-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Russia couldnt stop air strikes if the US chose to hit assad's air force. You would simply overwhelm their system with cruise missiles. Not to mention great opportunity to test Russian equipment because ultimately the Air force has been working on defeating air defence systems might be time to see if they can be effective. id suggest jamming and let cruise missiles have fun.

Better idea, the USA keeps the # out and doesnt interfer.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Its rogue elements within your government that want this war. Plus its not just the USA , the UK has wanted this war for a while.

Good point, interesting that you mention the UK, as I was looking
indepth into the Syrian rebels quite abit popped out about that.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks for that.

If Haley thinks it is so important that there be intervention,
let the UN do it. Personally think the US is not beholden to
the UN and hopefully we can withdraw to a large degree
during these coming years.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

It was only 18 months or so ago a group tied with MI6 and UK special forces was caught with nerve gas precursors.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Stevemagegod

You cannot reveal a strategy when you don't have one. It's already more of the same: angry rhetoric.

Do you have any evidence to support this?
Or just more lambasting out your rear like usual?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It appears Pro-terrorist media have released this piece:

There's a problem with it, though. The Su-22 pictured actually belongs (or did, before the Saudi intervention) to the Yemeni Air Force. You can tell by the camouflage scheme, the serial number and the symbol on the nose. All they've done is crudely photoshop stars into the flag on the fin-flash to make it appear Syrian.

For comparison, this image shows an actual Syrian Su-22

Notice the different camouflage scheme, and overall the difference in the markings.

This story grows more and more unbelievable the more they try to prop it up.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

funny here are a bunch of SU 22's with the same camo as the first one you posted and they have a syrian flag on them. did they photo shop these?
Syrain Su-22
edit on 6-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

funny here are a bunch of SU 22's with the same camo as the first one you posted and they have a sytian flag on them. did they photo shop these?
Syrain Su-22

You're gonna have to help me out here. I see a bunch of models and flight simulator assets, none of which have the same camouflage pattern as the Yemeni aircraft in the first picture.

There's a few Polish ones in that search result, and the actual photos of the Syrian aircraft have the same camouflage pattern as the one I linked, since it is the standard pattern for Syrian Su-22s.

Edit: here is another picture of a Yemeni Su-22, with the same markings and unedditted flag.

edit on -050002pm4kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
News is just coming out now that Tillerson says "Steps are underway for removing Assad from power".

According to reports the Pentagon is now weighing their options and considering a strike.

www.buzzfeed.com...

www.nytimes.com... ore-iphone

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

and here is the page from which your the first image comes from. first printed in March 2014

this is the Arabic Page,
.sadasaida.com

and google translate page,
Video The Syrian air force may enter the Sukhoi-22 fighter into the battle

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

and here is the page from which your the first image comes from. first printed in March 2014

this is the Arabic Page,
.sadasaida.com

and google translate page,
Video The Syrian air force may enter the Sukhoi-22 fighter into the battle

Yeah it's a photoshop. It's a Yemeni Aircraft. The photo first appeared on the forum board "Pakistani Defence" discussion about the Yemeni military, in September 2012.

The original picture can't be found anymore, except the thumbnail. It's long been gone from whatever image hosting service they used.

I'm basing this off This

I consider him a reliable source of information. As far as i'm aware he works professionally in defence analysis, and is currently writing a book on North Korea's Armed Forces (which I pre-ordered)

You can find his blog here. It's generally a good source of information on various ongoings in Syria.

It certainly has no Pro-Government or Pro-Terrorist leanings, just the facts that can be established.
edit on -050003pm4kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I have it on the highest authority comrade that those stupid babies gassed themselves.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Lol. I'll bet you think Hitler was unfairly maligned.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
I do not care if Assad personal dropped chemicals from on a short bus full of disabled children just for kicks. Kill ISIS and get the hell out of that cesspool.

Agreed

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Why? What would they benefit from gassing their own people? Its ludicrous.

You tell me:

Syria conflict: from peaceful protest to civil war

At first, no-one was calling for the regime to fall. Many people had hopes that the young president would respond to their calls and punish those of the security forces who killed innocent civilians.

But the wave of killings and arrests, torture and humiliation targeting people who were not even involved in the demonstrations drove many who steered clear of politics to join the protest movement.

Before the uprising in Syria began in mid-March 2011, protests were relatively modest, considering the wave of unrest that was spreading across the Arab world. Syria, until March 2011, for decades had remained superficially tranquil, largely due to fear among the people of the secret police arresting critical citizens.

The civil uprising prior to the Syrian Civil War was an early stage of protests – with subsequent violent reaction by the Syrian state – lasting from March to 28 July 2011. The uprising, initially demanding democratic reforms, evolved from initially minor protests, beginning as early as January 2011.

The uprising was marked by massive anti-government opposition demonstrations against the Ba'athist government of Bashar al-Assad, meeting with police and military violence, massive arrests and brutal crackdown, resulting in hundreds of casualties and thousands of wounded.

Despite Bashar al-Assad's attempts to pacify the protests with massive crackdown and use of censorship on one hand and concessions on the other, by the end of April, it became clear the situation was getting out of his control and the Syrian government deployed numerous troops on the ground.

The civil uprising phase created the platform for emergence of militant opposition movements and massive defections from the Syrian Army, which gradually transformed the conflict from a civil uprising to an armed rebellion, and later a civil war. The rebel Free Syrian Army was created on July 29, 2011.

edit on 4/6/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join