It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Passes 'Blasphemy' Bill To Silence Critics Of Islam

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Milehigh

A female reporter attends prayer meetings at an important British mosque which claims to be dedicated to moderation and dialogue with other faiths. She secretly films shocking sermons given to the women-only congregation in which female preachers recite extremist and intolerant beliefs. As hundreds of women and some children come to pray, a preacher calls for adulterers, homosexuals, women who act like men and Muslim converts to other faiths to be killed, saying: "Kill him, kill him. You have to kill him, you understand. This is Islam."

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

How many pages do I have to go through to see if anybody has mentioned that this is a non-binding motion?

Of course "thought crime" starts off as some benign "motion" by a non elected committee in this case. If there are already blasphemy laws already in place why the need for extra "motions"

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think that is going too far. Many Christians enjoy it when comedians poke fun at Jesus.

Hate crime legislation yes. Legislation to protect people who are overly sensitive towards their religious icons and leaders like Jesus, no.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

All that must be edited out of context!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Damn!

That proves that hierarchy of Islamic centers are putting out hardcore Sharia propaganda, which is inherently fueling those communities to live up to the likes of all these crazy polls that get posted up.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

A female reporter attends prayer meetings at an important British mosque which claims to be dedicated to moderation and dialogue with other faiths. She secretly films shocking sermons given to the women-only congregation in which female preachers recite extremist and intolerant beliefs. As hundreds of women and some children come to pray, a preacher calls for adulterers, homosexuals, women who act like men and Muslim converts to other faiths to be killed, saying: "Kill him, kill him. You have to kill him, you understand. This is Islam."

This should be required study in colleges all over the nation.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain
They are not trying to stop critics of Islam but stop Islamophobes from spreading hate.

Big difference. It is not that hard to understand.

Anything can be perceived as hate.

I am a westerner, you need to decide who you are.
We criticize so we can move forward, When something is this dark, oppressive, and backwards that it will set society back a 100 years it will take extreme criticism.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mictain

That's not hate. That's called free speech.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

So its your equivalent of a nonbinding resolution?

LOL....your elected officials do naval gazing, too?

It's sending a message in an era where messages are important.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

And the bureaucrats and politicians who want to sanitize Islam Mosque teaching extremism as "not worthy of critique". I honestly think they want the constant struggle and violence to usher in more "police state" like powers. Keep us all quite whilst they laugh and get rich behind our backs.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

It looks like it mostly galvinized like minded people.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

So its your equivalent of a nonbinding resolution?

LOL....your elected officials do naval gazing, too?

It's sending a message in an era where messages are important.

Is it similar to the message the Imam in Montreal was preaching the other day about killing Jews?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'm surprised Canada hasn't learned anything from other Western governments.

Liberals are going to crash and burn Western society for the sake of Multiculturalism.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Nm
edit on 26-3-2017 by Argus100 because: Not biting

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

How many pages do I have to go through to see if anybody has mentioned that this is a non-binding motion?

Of course "thought crime" starts off as some benign "motion" by a non elected committee in this case. If there are already blasphemy laws already in place why the need for extra "motions"

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

wow ok when you start giving all this protection to this faux religion while stepping on your peoples freedoms i just gotta say wow i am shocked. when a religion becomes about that operates by trying to wipe out all other religions to impose their beliefs its time to stop its practice.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: yuppa

Censorship is a property of totalitarianism. It's interesting to note that Germany had progressive hate speech laws prior to Hitler's rise to power, and the Nazis and their publications were forbidden. Hate speech legislation simply does not work, especially in the one instance where it was justified. This only gave them a platform of persecution, leading to their rising to power.

Apparently many people do not see this kind of thing as being either lucid, or even possible..

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Its not even a law lol, but dont let stop you guys from posting lies.

Oh and by the way, the jewish orthodox have there own court just like sharia law, im guessing thats ok because there not muslim.

Everyone is actually quite aware of this, being told though that anything other will never cause issues,,is the hilarity here...millenials are being taught the only way to paradise and freedom is to embrace the worst ideology you can possibly attempt to, and do it with gusto.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I'm Canadian and this is stupid af. Muslims are the rude and disrespectful ones here 90% of the time and whatever hate they receive is created by them selves for crap like this

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Then Obama got elected, and now liberals worship Obama and Hillary for blowing up the Middle East, while then telling everyone else that we have to accept their mass exodus into the Western World, and we have to give them Sharia Law because that's their "culture".

Thats the result of the wests failure to subjugate the ME. The warmongers never imagined they couldn't impose their will upon other nations by blowing them up.

I don't care what people believe as long as they don't force it on others.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join