It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Passes 'Blasphemy' Bill To Silence Critics Of Islam

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
No country needs such a law when it's effectively "the law of the land" everywhere, all the time, and always has been. Officially written and enforced or not, it's as ironclad and monolithic as can be. It's just a question of which religion one either adheres to personally or, moreover, ENABLES or coddles (fears, defers to), or one blindly, merrily welcomes all of them equally out of whatever misguided, stunted view of freedom of expression. Here in "the land of the free," since when has an openly agnostic or atheist candidate been able to mount a successful political campaign for a major (national) office? *crickets chirp* Or if it has ever actually happened, it's close enough to a nonexistent phenomenon.

To be clear I'm referring to MUCH more than simply the freedom to draw a cartoon or "poke fun" at whatever religion(s). This concerns the biggest paradigm of unexplained phenomena and rule by secrecy/fear in general.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The hypocrisy on ATS lately is mind boggling but nothing surprises me ATS has devolved into nothing more than a sounding board for small minded bigots who want to promote their hatred and enmity of anyone different under the guise of freedom and other nonsense (but this is a debate for another thread).

I wanted to chime in as it seems most people have lost sight of the argument and I am not here to talk about religion we can leave that to the religious zealots.

I can understand how this bill or law or whatever it is and how it appears to some folks but every one seems to have forgotten the "Special People" who have their own laws in place in all walks of life (mostly shoved down our throats) and via the apartheid regime, responsible for most of the mess in the middle east and the rest of the world.

Let me refresh your brains, they even have their own word for it:

Antisemitism

Lets look at the interwebs definition for this:

Antisemitism (also spelled anti-Semitism or anti-semitism) is hostility, prejudice, or discrimination against Jews. A person who holds such positions is called an antisemite. Antisemitism is generally considered to be a form of racism.

So lets look further at the definition of Jews:

Jewish ethnicity, nationhood and religion are strongly interrelated, as Judaism is the traditional faith of the Jewish nation, while its observance varies from strict observance to complete nonobservance.

Now I personally do not have time to hate people, its such a draining process, takes more energy to hate than to love but I found that simply not giving a shi.t about things works great so I walk this middle line (being at the latter end of my life also I appreciate the moments I have a lot more).

We should have an equal law for Abrahamic religions and while we are there we should upgrade it to include all spiritual beliefs.

But wait, that doesn't fit into the narrative of the new ATS or those Jews and Israeli's who want to push their apartheid agenda on the rest of the world.

Hate is not biased, it exists in all walks of life from Christians, to Jews to Muslims and beyond (like ATS) so we should all take a step back and ask ourselves what are we doing to make a difference.

You know how I avoid stress? I simply don't bother wasting my energy on these types of things because what is news one day will be a whisper on the internet the next because some other sensationalist BS is in the media.

Hatred leads to more hatred, did we not learn that from the events in Germany all those years ago?!

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Great...just freakin' great! Now we need to build TWO fences.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: TrueBrit

Isn't harassment based on discrimination already illegal?

Good. Then why the hell does Islam need the special protection outside of there being some perverse underlying agenda at play with these liberals and their entirely bizarre love obsession with Islam (or rather, the oppression of woman, children, gays, etc)??
because Islam is currently the most marginalized and hated religion due to those savages in ISIS spreading fear on a global scale. Just like special measures were taken to protect jews, protestants and catholics,pagans amd atheists at other times in history.

Nope...it is part of the plan. Most likely never initially "decided" but an after "win" for them. As legally invade these countries they can't beat with force, they cry for sympathy which greases the wheels even further with the liberal idiots. I guess we will just watch Canada and plan for one day when they have been completely taken over, a war with our neighbor.

What a shame.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Milehigh

So the play about mormon's (called The Book of Mormon) should have been shut down?

You have a terrible understanding of free speech.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

So the play about mormon's (called The Book of Mormon) should have been shut down?

You have a terrible understanding of free speech.

I wonder when Trey Parker and Matt Stone will will make book of muhhammed.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Canada's been a fascist state for a long time, everyone here is just complacent and effing lazy brainwashed by the tv etc.

Think of it like this,

You family dog is essentially a prisoner in your home, you take it out on a leash, it's trapped in the house, it usually can only eat when you decide to feed it. You are by and large, lord and master over your dog. But it's complacent to stay because this life is all it knows and most dogs in decent homes have a Good life. Doesn't matter if they're basically living under a dictatorship.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Great!! Then you should have a female circumcision, have acid thrown in your face or better yet if you do not follow the Sharia line you should be honor killed. You leftist are mentally incompetent. Crazy and dangerous to the rest of civil sane society. Crawl under a rock and stay there.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

The first problem that will be seen en masse is harassing and killing people's dogs along with passing laws banning dogs. Already quite a few incidents.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

a reply to: yuppa

Hahahha that exemple. You litteraly made me spill my drink trying to use the germans limitting jews free speech, nvm the nazis who publically called for their extermination amd killed 7 millions of them hahahja wow just wow

Well then this really ought to split your sides.

The leader of Islam during world war II, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, collaborated with Hitler and was even put in charge of his own SS division to hunt doen Jewsih people.

Hitler respected and admired Islam.

I agree. and its one reason i didnt reply back...because the Irony. Imams do just as hitler said. they call for the death and conversion of all non believers.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is interesting what is happening and look it's minorities against minorities in Canada.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Imagine if in schools all the Christian kids said "Jesus" as a greeting in place of 'hello'.

Liberals would go out of their minds. There'd be no end to the outrage until it was banned.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

a reply to: infolurker

Great thimg for Canada. Protecting the marginalized is what a society should do.

Hopefully the dems can pass something similar in 2020

Free speech should be limited when people promote any sort of hate or violence against anyone, may it be against muslims or any other religion.

Free speech police should be formed to monitor all the people promotting fear and violence and be sent to jail to replace the ones that are there for non violent crimes.

So who polices the radical Muslims who would deny ALL of free speech, democracy and the ability for women to think for themselves..

Seriously, you are barking firmly up the wrong tree, next you will be advocating adding the death penalty for speaking out against Radical Islam..

They seem to have you exactly where they want you, in their pocket.

And the non breakdown of that cretinous term, Islamaphobia means that any one can be attacked for saying anything. You don't seem to have the slightest knowledge of the radical ideals or views, you support blindly like all liberals do.

You do actually realise that the Radical Agenda which is pretty blazing the way for this blasphemy ruling, you do realise its radicals right?. Well the very same people would drop you like a stone or continue to use you for their will.

Remember, I'm married to a Muslim and have in laws who love me, I'm in no way anti Muslim but its a shame people fail to see who is behind this and its NOT ordinary Muslims, you have been played.

I'd suggest you research more about this and just who put it forward, you might just find there's more to this than meets the eye or you can blindly help enforce the destruction of free speech which is exactly what the radicals want.

Another person looking to turn back time to a thug era.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think the liberals in Canada need to wake up because I see video's like this and others that show ex-muslims, Sikhs and Hindu minorities saying ok we have had enough, because they came from that part of the world, they just know the score with Islam, they are in a better spot to say and do something about it. A middle aged white male, well he is just islamaphobic no matter what.

The liberals may wake up next election after they find out all there traditional minority allies have abandoned them because they felt they were abandoned first, and then what happened in America happens in Canada, and Kevin O'leary becomes the next Prime Minster.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I want to post this lecture on Islam and what we now know about what is and isn't true ...Be prepared to be very surprised

Hate speech. Mounties on horseback, arrest him, eh? err... um.. or give the man a beer?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm just stunned that people get brainwashed to accept demands that Radicals make, look at Pakistan, if you are accused of blasphemy and trust me its used just to get people removed who have said and done nothing, you can expect especially in rural area's for the police to stand back and watch a lynching with zero consequences to the perpetrators, sadly that is a fact and a well documented fact.

Blasphemy in Pakistan is regularly used just to silence bloggers etc, and its not for hate speech, its for daring to reveal the disgusting practices that go on and the way the place is so corrupt. Offering support in the West to address blasphemy is a terrible mistake, a mistake only being offered to ONE religion. It really worries me that there are people supporting this who are NON Muslims and probably have no understanding of what is actually happening here, this isn't some university spat about who runs the dorms, no liberal types, this is about imposing on our culture in ways that we should be firmly saying no to, I doubt many even understand what can be done under blasphemy, well there are 3 choices just so you know. You can be cast out, disowned by family and made to leave, then there's the option to remove limbs but the normal vote goes straight to option 3, death. In 99.9% of cases death is chosen because its in line with the Radical zest for blood, are you happy to endorse that ideal because by siding with blasphemy rules especially for Muslims you are siding with the Wuhhabi / Sharia brigade who are the main proponents of selecting death, to be honest most rarely get a quick death, instead they are tortured to death with stoning or just outdoor burnings etc, basically the most unsavoury ways to die but that seems ok with some of you guys because you think Blasphemy needs our support.

Like it or not, if you support this you really do support all the other horrendous stuff that goes with it, do you really think the radicals will simply want a ban on any speaking THEY class as hatred (normally while protesting with banners saying behead all non Muslims), no the speech ban will lead to requests for special punishments. Perhaps you guys don't mind the honour killing or the wives and daughter that get murdered by their own family because the man has decided the females have done something, I'm not talking of over there, I'm talking about less than a mile from me here in Northolt where a man hacked off the head of his wife in the garden because he thought she was looking at other men, does that sit well with you, I hope not. We don't or very rarely ever see this form any other religion but good old you wants to show them 'cultural cohesion' when in fact its helping the radical males feel its 'acceptable' to now do these things here.

This world needs to expand and learn to live with each other while moving away from despicable violence, people and very much Radicals need to learn tolerance but they don't want to and wish to keep the same barbaric laws in place not only in the countries they came from but now where YOU live.

You guys do realise that a great many Muslims actually left their countries to escape all these practices yet here's you looking to help the radicals install them here..

Hang your head in shame!

As always, remember, I married to a Muslim, I know many great people in them but I also see things that would make you puke..
edit on 26-3-2017 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Very well said. Someone posted the slippery slope fallacy earlier. It's only a fallacy if there's no reason to think that's where it's going. We know where it's going because it has happened before. Like the saying goes, those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. Not wanting to bow to the radicals doesn't make you a bigot.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I want to post this lecture on Islam and what we now know about what is and isn't true ...Be prepared to be very surprised

Wow. That guy just completely debunked the historical authenticity of the Quran, the whole religion. Sure would make for one hell of a thread is someone ran OP with that and an outline of all that.

I get how people raised up on relgion tend to get stuck in it, but its totally mind boggling that people, adults even, would look at Mainstream Global Islam in practice, ont he world stage, the history, etc, and go and get themselves involved in it. WTF would anybody go and choose to do that for? Unless they're fascist wannbe's, of course.

[Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and is expected to outstrip Christianity by the end of the century. The number of Muslims will grow more than twice as fast as the world's population from now until 2050, the Pew Research Center has said.]
www.mirror.co.uk...

edit on 26-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lightworth

I agree. With this law in place now, it makes me want to revolt and do everything I absolutely can to challenge it. They just made it 10000x worse. Canada is a land of free people, I doubt we'll sit idly by and let them strip us of this most indispensable of right, freedom of speech.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
ALL The deport mexicans and arab terrorist muslims lets send em to canada they will probaly give them sharia law dumb ass's

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join