It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Passes 'Blasphemy' Bill To Silence Critics Of Islam

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yes, I can tell you that nobody I know supports this bill. It was pushed through by a liberal majority government, against the wishes of Canada. Things are getting really bad, never thought of leaving my country until this. I cannot condone the removal of free speech as a right.

Edit to add: Militias are starting to form as a response. I think we are headed to a showdown soon.
edit on 26-3-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Milehigh
a reply to: intrptr

Or as our history as shown us with the japanese camps. What next ? Concentration camps for muslims? This is indeed scary times we live in.

It always begins this way. First a group or segment is blamed for a society ills. Thus marginalized, they are then segregated, then condemned, then put in ovens.

First the barb wire is placed between us and them, then around them. The real goal is doing away with anyone that disagrees with the State. Focusing on one group first is the opening round.

But is it the same thing if those ills are actually true?

I want you to watch this video:
youtu.be...

Now, I'm going to assume you were being somewhat sarcastic with the oven comment. I sincerely hope you don't honestly believe that is a legitimate possible outcome or aim that would be sought or tolerated. Let's say though that the goal of "radical right wingers" is to make Muslims second class citizens. Kind of like how Black people were subjugated pre civil rights era.

Let me ask you. Considering what you saw in that video. Do you think if a video similar to that were shot in 1946 U.S., and instead of women and Muslims it was white people and black people. Do you honestly believe that black people in 1946 United States in some southern state would have acted towards a white person the way these Muslim men treated these women in the video?

I would wager a big fat no. I highly HIGHLY doubt black people in pre civil rights era would have acted that way towards a white person even in a heavily black area. Why? Because Black people back then weren't violent, they just wanted to be treated equally.

That's where the disconnect is and where your "argument" falls flat. I'd say the situation with Jew's in Nazi Germany was very similar. Muslims in the west are different.

And the many polls that show significant portions of resident Muslim populations in Western countries sympathize with Radical Islam or are indifferent add to that. Again the comparison can be made. Do you imagine a majority of 1946 U.S. Blacks would have supported violence against civilians? Again, I'd wager no.

So I guess in short, the comparison can't be realistically made. In Western countries historically, minority populations haven't been as militant, bold and anti western as Muslims today. Which is even more ironic because Muslims today are among the newest demographics to show up. It's why you always hear, "If you don't like it here go back to the middle east" Because it's true. You would think Muslims who have immigrated to the west would at the very least not challenge Western Values, but polls show otherwise. It's one of the reasons people feel Muslims are "invading". Over the last 20 and 30 years, Muslim populations and immigration have soared in the West, but they don't shed Middle Eastern social values when they do, and beyond that, a not insignificant number try to force there homeland social and cultural values on where they immigrated to. They come here and form Muslim schools that still preach "death to Israel" they come here and tell Western women to cover upthey come here and tell Western women to cover up, etc. It doesn't matter if ALL Muslims aren't doing these things, the ones who aren't doing it simply remain indifferent and that's wrong.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Yes, I can tell you that nobody I know supports this bill. It was pushed through by a liberal majority government, against the wishes of Canada. Things are getting really bad, never thought of leaving my country until this. I cannot condone the removal of free speech as a right.

Edit to add: Militias are starting to form as a response. I think we are headed to a showdown soon.

We wish you luck freedom fighter. good speed.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow, 10 pages and only 2 people understand that there is NO new law and this bill has NO power to do anything. I see it as the equivalent to telling the noisy kid looking for attention; “yes we know you are here now sit down and shut up while the adults work”.

100% fail on the title, just click bait. The ignorance is strong with this one.

If you really want to know………..

Text of the MotionThat, in the opinion of the House, the government should: (a) recognize the need to quell the increasing public climate of hate and fear; (b) condemn Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination and take note of House of Commons’ petition e-411 and the issues raised by it; and (c) request that the Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage undertake a study on how the government could (i) develop a whole-of-government approach to reducing or eliminating systemic racism and religious discrimination including Islamophobia, in Canada, while ensuring a community-centered focus with a holistic response through evidence-based policy-making, (ii) collect data to contextualize hate crime reports and to conduct needs assessments for impacted communities, and that the Committee should present its findings and recommendations to the House no later than 240 calendar days from the adoption of this motion, provided that in its report, the Committee should make recommendations that the government may use to better reflect the enshrined rights and freedoms in the Constitution Acts, including the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

www.parl.gc.ca...(88849)/Motions?sessionId=152&documentId=8661986

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grayarea
Wow, 10 pages and only 2 people understand that there is NO new law and this bill has NO power to do anything. I see it as the equivalent to telling the noisy kid looking for attention; “yes we know you are here now sit down and shut up while the adults work”.

100% fail on the title, just click bait. The ignorance is strong with this one.

If you really want to know………..

Text of the MotionThat, in the opinion of the House, the government should: (a) recognize the need to quell the increasing public climate of hate and fear; (b) condemn Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination and take note of House of Commons’ petition e-411 and the issues raised by it; and (c) request that the Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage undertake a study on how the government could (i) develop a whole-of-government approach to reducing or eliminating systemic racism and religious discrimination including Islamophobia, in Canada, while ensuring a community-centered focus with a holistic response through evidence-based policy-making, (ii) collect data to contextualize hate crime reports and to conduct needs assessments for impacted communities, and that the Committee should present its findings and recommendations to the House no later than 240 calendar days from the adoption of this motion, provided that in its report, the Committee should make recommendations that the government may use to better reflect the enshrined rights and freedoms in the Constitution Acts, including the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

www.parl.gc.ca...(88849)/Motions?sessionId=152&documentId=8661986

The bill is meaningless?

What a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grayarea

So in that you seriously dont see a set of initiatives?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Yes, they will just be writing a report
that includes ALL religions.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

The bill is meaningless?

What a waste of time.

It is indeed the ultimate form of SJWism. Getting in a group and Passing something that does nothing.
This was the greatest act of virtue signaling that any government has done ever.

Vague goals and lots of feelz.

It is worrisome for the future though. Worrisome that canadians elected people who support something like this.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Did you notice this part; "all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination" ?

Look all you want, I posted the
entire bill, or are you looking to make more out of it than is there.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

TLDR, watched the video though. Lots of religions in the west are mens clubs; catholic church and Masonry to name two. So what . I don't have a problem with how others play their BS mind games. Unless and until they begin to use religious or race hatred as a pretext to conquer whole nations, bombing men women and children to dust in the process in droves. Which is whats happening right now in the Middle East, The religion being "Democracy".

We don't need death camps, we have b52s.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh

Great thimg for Canada. Protecting the marginalized is what a society should do.

Hopefully the dems can pass something similar in 2020

Free speech should be limited when people promote any sort of hate or violence against anyone, may it be against muslims or any other religion.

Free speech police should be formed to monitor all the people promotting fear and violence and be sent to jail to replace the ones that are there for non violent crimes.

would if the said protected group promotes hate and voilence of others cause of their views?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
i can't wait until the 'aliens' come back and blow us all to hell.

Thank you

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Hmm, I don't see this as being needed here..waste of time IMO.
And yet this guy is still better than Harper..but barely at times.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Ghost147

Hmm, I don't see this as being needed here..waste of time IMO.
And yet this guy is still better than Harper..but barely at times.

What issues did you have with Harper?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Maybe a Woman could run Canada better?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I'm reminded of the old saying:"To find out who rules over you,find out who you are not allowed to criticise"

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

I think he did ok with the economy..other than that he was sh#tty with people policies, did not like the muzzling of science, or his mandatory sentencing, drug policies..I'm sure I could come up with more but you catch my drift.

Harper was too far right and Trudeau is too far left in summary.
edit on 27-3-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

We did have a female PM for a short spell..I'm not against it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

She sucked too, like the rest of them did.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

They all suck my friend

At least we are not limited to 2 choices
edit on 27-3-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join