It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
When I heard about this, the following can be stated:

If the ladies had asked for anything alcoholic to drink, like say a beer or a shot, then asking for ID would be acceptable, as all states have very specific laws when it comes to the sale of age control products. In most states, if the person looks to be under a certain age, they ask for the ID to verify the age and then serve the drinks.

However, from what I can gather from the article this is not the case. The waiter was out of line; in fact he had no right to ask for such, as he is not a law enforcement official. And with Southern California being a major tourist destination, with attractions all around, that people from around the world come and visit, his question and motivation now becomes suspect.

The women should never have shown him their ID’s at all, and should have demanded to speak to a manager and possibly the police in that instance.

But beyond that, it is showing how desperate one particular group is becoming in their overzealous nature in an attempt to do what is both disgusting, but also distasteful, failing to understand the history of the country and why some policies exist in the first place.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

b;ah bah blah made up stuff blah

A million shiny silver dollars says that this incident, as told by the "victims", never happened.

Also, I'd give it less than a week before they roll out the go-fund-my-indi-kickstarta-gogo compaign and start raking in the sympathy cash.

If only they'd remembered to add a fake rude comment to the receipt he gave them ("Domus"? Nominative? "Go home" is motion towards, isn't it?) they'd be on Oprah by now and have a free house or something.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm sure this is an abuse of civil rights. A business has the right to refuse anyone but not abuse a business to push some racist agenda based on a person's color. At very minimum a violation of civil rights and at most a hate crime.

But ICe has been at airports, trains and buses doing this. So look who they learn from and in every picture I see is ICE approaching anyone olive or darker.

Stop n frisk on roids.

I posted a question on a forum and group on Facebook asking how many people report people to ICE because I kept seeing guys copy n paste a thing with a little blurb if you see anyone illegal to call ICE at so and so. Well after I asked how many people report people to that number I had a phone call that I looked up and it was posted as ICE. So basically they grabbed my number off Facebook because it's public and they reported my number.

Besides the racism I believe they have used this to harass people and spread their hate and anger.

The fact though is the people doing this could never handle what they throw out there at people.

Alphabet soup

a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
15 minute break.

I am not defending the waiter. If the situation happened the way it was reported then the punishment fits the crime.

I am just not willing to declare him guilty based on the weak one-sided evidence reported.

Now that additional information has been presented, I think it should be taken into consideration.

I just feel the report and the reporter are suspect.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Fake or not, any waiter asking that should be told to "Do one" a UK alternative to "F@@K OFF", last time I visited any other country I did not see any rules or signposts stating I need to have residency to buy food, I hope this is fake and that someone who was able to get a job could not be so stupid.

So as this is a US story have any US residents ever been asked for ID when you have tried to purchase food in another country?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

No, this is turning out to be a fake overblown story. Other patrons who were there are outing the real story. LA times appears to have pulled the story as I can't find it on their site anymore...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

Even so, I am not returning to the US for a Holiday anytime soon. Your country has gotten Stupid!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FenderTwin

We don't care what you think. We probably never will.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

No, this is turning out to be a fake overblown story. Other patrons who were there are outing the real story. LA times appears to have pulled the story as I can't find it on their site anymore...

It doesn't matter that they pulled the story. The damage has been done. Just read the posts here. The MSM knows exactly what they are doing.

News doesn't have to be true anymore. They have conditioned enough people that they respond to the lie, own it, and will desperately hold on to it, regardless of how much information is provided that it was a lie, fake, a tool used to rev up their anger and polarize the people.

The media is still God. It still rules the minds of those that trust it and those that don't. It is like trying to not blink when a bright light is shone in your face. Media speaks and we are still listening and responding on cue.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Clicked on the link and realised it was the Washington Post.
More corroboration is required to validate the story as WaPo is not reliable.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I wouldn't have offered a VIP deal over it, facebook or not, but Their meals would have been comped and the server fired. For sure.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

The manager confirms there was an issue.

They do not offer discounts or any incentive for local residents. There is no reason for anyone to be asked to prove they are a resident.

This is posted TODAY in the Los Angeles Times

Bearden said he investigated the incident himself and that it began when the women ordered alcoholic drinks. The waiter, he said, asked for proof of residency. As the women pulled out their identification, the waiter added, “I just need to make sure you live here.” Bearden spoke to the waiter about what happened but was not satisfied with his story, adding his behavior went against the restaurant’s employee handbook. www.latimes.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Reminds me of the African American waitress who recently faked a racist message on a bill and said she was denied a tip based on her race. She had printed up the duplicate bill after closing hours, not thinking it would be time stamped. That didn't get much media play but idiots do odd things once in a while. A coworker got called a racist because he tried to stop some spanish shoplifters at the door. I guess if everybody is racist, then nobody is.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

There are no laws requiring proof of residency to be served in a restaurant. This was a case of a waiter's own stupidity. Do you seriously think a restaurant would turn away paying customers because they aren't U.S. residents? The U.S. receives approximately 75 million foreign visitors per year. All of them are allowed to eat at restaurants.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I already said it was related to the ordering of alcoholic beverages and a bad joke...I am one of the first people to post that info.

I included the quotes because they were showing up and being deleted pretty quickly.

It looks like the LA times pulled their original story and investigated it. It is clear now it was a bad joke by a dumb waiter.
edit on 22-3-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Some businesses over a discount to local residents as incentive to shop locally. They require proof of residency.

It looks like Disney is going to be in hot water.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Some businesses over a discount to local residents as incentive to shop locally. They require proof of residency.

It looks like Disney is going to be in hot water.

Now that's an angle I had not thought of. We have that here in my area with restaurants. They want to get an idea of how many locals frequent their spot and can do so based on the number of items rung up under a certain code or for a certain amount to get an idea of how many frequent their establishment within the range of their advertisement to determine whether or not to advertise in a larger area.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

A ton of businesses here in the OC offer such discounts, especially the very touristy spots like Anaheim, Laguna, Newport and Huntington beach. From what the manager says though, this was a legit card after the women ordered drinks and then the waiter made a bad joke.
edit on 22-3-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko
As I said before, I am not defending the waiter. I was not there. I was not included in the encounter. I am just not willing to completely throw him under the bus, based on the evidence as it was originally reported.

I know too many people that have been scapegoated by buisnesses, often unfairly, due to a disgruntled customer. When tempers fly, depending on where you sit will detemine what you see. The truth usually gets lost in the mix.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

A ton of businesses here in the OC offer such discounts, especially the very touristy spots like Anaheim, Laguna, Newport and Huntington beach. From what the manager says though, this was a legit card after the women ordered drinks and then the waiter made a bad joke.

The manager of that restaurant says they don't.

He said there are no specials for residents of the area.

Joke? Lamest excuse ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join