It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

If you are being forced to produce you pass port to get a cup of coffee you are being abused.

If we are being asked to asked id to buy a gun (just an example ) producing Id is appropriate .

Their country is probably USA.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
Well that was some badly written article, if that's all it takes to write for the Washington Post we are doomed.

Perhaps they ordered alcohol and were only asked for their ID's and nothing more?

Yea, sound legit....

That is far statement except the waitor is quoted as saying " I did to know that you are from here".

Your arguement is not passed on the facts presented. Your are being disingenuous by stating nonfacts

In high school did you get a good grade if you put down the wrong answer? You just scored an f for fail.

Please only reponse with facts. If you wish to express opinion you but understand that is all it is.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Sillyolme
A California restaurant owner is looking for a new waiter if some needs a gig.

If any of this even happened in the first place.

Or perhaps it was all a ploy to get a dude fired, so that one of their cousins could find a job opening?

originally posted by: kurthall

Well that was some badly written article, if that's all it takes to write for the Washington Post we are doomed.

now to the meat of the article:
doesn't it sound strange that the guy would just randomly ask that? what about tourists? does he refuse to serve them? why risk your job over something so stupid?

I live here in So Cali, and yes he did do that. I have no idea why. It is on our news.

If it's on the corporate news then it DEFINITELY happened precisely as reported!

[pic]/pic]

Again, baseless allagations based on bigotry and dis respect.

The MSM is actual good separating their news articles from their opinion articles. Because of this you can identify the news sources that leans the way the way you want. This your freedom of choice.

And the freedom of the press. They are required to separate the news from their editorial.

Read the Constitution a lititle more. Thanks actual document.

Have you heard that we are equal? Straight question, please answer it.

edit on 21-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Grammer

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Thanks for providing an outside opinion, like I said before, these libs think the world operates and looks the same like America or any other developed nation, this is their fallacy.

Wrong the right think they can run rough shod every where. Inside the USA and ourside

The left want the world to have the same freedoms an opportunities as to pursue freedom and liberty.

Your have accepted the opinion of the far right about the left

You do not "know your enemy" . You know some elses opinion of your enemy.
edit on 21-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Missed a key word

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
A California restaurant owner is looking for a new waiter if some needs a gig.

If any of this even happened in the first place.

Or perhaps it was all a ploy to get a dude fired, so that one of their cousins could find a job opening?

originally posted by: kurthall

now to the meat of the article:
doesn't it sound strange that the guy would just randomly ask that? what about tourists? does he refuse to serve them? why risk your job over something so stupid?

I live here in So Cali, and yes he did do that. I have no idea why. It is on our news.

If it's on the corporate news then it DEFINITELY happened precisely as reported!

[/quote

You are spouting random bigotry.

What next the Italians are unmining the American pizza industry?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

They confirmed the allegations? Or confirmed it actually happened as claimed?[/quot

We have it from a news source that provided the names of the Manger and direct quotes from the people there.

If you want to now how that paper feels about the news in general read their editorials to find out what flavor of paper they are.

It covered in the Constitution. It's a good read.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SmilingROB

Hi, I stared you, but I would say that MSM does have faults, and the very 'sorting' process that makes them accurate is what makes them a narrative. The clarity of separation from the editorials to news in Television News is abysmal also, while, 'there'. Most of the people that watch Fox don't even know the names of their News Anchors, yet, they watch TONS of Fox. It's because it's obvious; the separation from editorials is being abused, and being conveyed as 'entertaining news' verses 'factual news'. My dad for example thinks Hannity is 'news'. This is not his fault because he's ignorant, it's because Fox works their ass off to look like a 24/7 News station and it's appealing to him. The fact they run editorials at all on a channel called "Fox News Station" or "Central News Network" is honestly breaking the law from the start with clear intent to obfuscate a person with extraneous information about what 'is' or 'is not' reliable information.

Btw I don't doubt you know some, or most, or all of this.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: DAVID64

A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

....and as usual, Liberals blow it out of proportion, label it "racism" [ isn't everything? ] and blame Trump.... Or anyone who voted for Trump or happens to agree with anything Trump says, no matter what.

But make damn sure you don't lump all of them together. That's racist.....or something.

I don't buy it at all...

None of it adds up..

Either it was staged or a really bad joke.

A waiter can't refuse service or deport people ..

So what would he have been going for??

This doesn't add up as sold.

Except the restaurant confirmed the story.

The story would still be true if it was a joke..

In fact it could have been way harder to explain and defend the joke than just to fire him and get it over with.

Sure you could have one mentally disabled waiter trying to personally enforce immigration laws..

But I've never met one... nor anything even close to resembling one..

A waiter cares if they tip...

Not if they were born here.

Even if they were immigrants, why couldn't they be legal and not have brought their visa to F'n Applebee's, lmao!

None of this actually adds up

I waiter has no right ask the question in the first place. Thats a big point here .

Joshowa, it is not fair to the mental disabled to think they understand to include the them here you are a better man than that.

If you had said mental deranged I could agree with you.

What does not add up is the forcefullness that the negative posters are providing.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Good for the waiter .

Not really the #wit got sacked. So he is unemployed!

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
In other countries they do ask foriegners for i.d as unlike america they dont put up with illegal aliens .

Just because other countrys are a police state.......

I 100% agree with cracking down on illegal immigrants. But by discrimination and police state tatics? No.

!

Thank you. That is a fair opinion that reflects how the world should work.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

a reply to: JoshuaCox

Different people have different priorities. Just because you wouldn't do this, doesn't mean someone else won't as well.

Plus even if it was a joke, who risks offending your source of tips to make such a tasteless joke?[/quote

Waiter had no right to ask the question. Period

Your right, you get tips by being charming.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Does that justify bigotry, intolerance, race baiting etc.

Do innocent people of any race color or Creed deserve to be hassled?

If a Caucasian went for a meal in watts does he deserve a beating?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Antipathy17
I'm not to sure this person has their head on right. Wiki says "As of 2015, California has the largest minority population in the United States.". Was this guy going to run around surprise nazi'ing all the minorities? Seems like flawed logic overall, tell-tale sign of a nutter.

Or a joke that went horribly wrong and the buisness wasn't gonna try and defend...

Say he was really checking for age for cocktails and as a joke said

" I gotta make sure y'all are from here.."

Attempting for it to be viewed as a silly, sarcastic joke..but then it blew up...

That's exactly how I feel it went down. He was just being dumb and said the wrong thing in a politically charged environment, especially california.

I agree that is a possibility

Here we are certainly see in many posters here that are quite willing to Lynch the girl for wanting to enjoy their lunch.

Imagine how violent some of them might be if their actions matched their words ( I am exagerating, I hope)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The manager confirmed the incident.
Simply as that

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Lmao

Second line.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
While I think that this discussion is probably nearing its end at this point, I just want to note that, in the modern political climate, I seem to notice more times that companies err on the side of caution and appease the customer more than back their employee. It's a mirror of the way that the court system has been siding with things like a business's right to refuse service for this or that reason--they always tend to go the way of cautious political correctness over the right of a business to be run the way the private owner deems appropriate.

I'm fully convinced that the combination of rulings like this (which sometimes lead to a company going out of business because of the fees associated with the court proceedings) plus the fear of conviction via the court of public opinion on social media drives most companies to do the only sane business move--fire the employee and save face publicly, even if because of an overabundance of caution. Right now, it's an employer's market, to an employee's market, so the business has plenty of other fish in the sea from which to choose that hopefully will not stir up controversy.

It's sad, but to me, it's seemingly true.

I truly wish that it was the way that you say, though, where employers had the backs of their employees more (especially because they expect a certain degree of loyalty from their employees as well), but I think that, in general, anyhow, that is no longer the case in the job world. I mean, the story notes that the manager said that the employee had been great up until that point ("hav[ing] never received so much as a write-up"), yet still saw it fit to fire the employee for this apparent mistake.

Loyalty on many fronts in life is hard to find anymore, I suppose. Judging from how the manager discussed the employee, he probably deserved a second chance--again, not giving him one, to me anyhow, goes back to the possibility that his termination was to save public face more than punish the employee appropriately.

I'm just looking at possibilities, though, since we don't have the employee's side of the story (that I know of...I haven't found it pertinent an issue in my life to seek out if there has been follow-up with the employee by anyone).

So at this point we are debating on if the waiter was telling a joke or being serious. So are you admitting that this guy said something insensitive?

Insensitivity is not a crime--but it can get you fired when representing a company.
edit on 21-3-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

They want to beat the crap out the right symbolical.

The far right is willing the actually intimidate, demean, and physically beat the crap out of any one who does agree with them.

I know and understand there have been violence from both l& r.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Well it is a fact that racist incidents and hate crimes are on the rise since Trump took office. This could easily be one more in that larger trend.

A fact? Any evidence...I have aged an extra 2 months since Trump got in...must be Trumps fault
edit on 21-3-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Exactly.

We have reasonable documented peace of journalism. As laid out in the Constitution.

Poor behavior is being roll modeled by the top dog right now and this ebable poor choices for from the "excited base."

We should reject this push to minimalise this.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Do you really have to ask that question?

"Local ACTIVISTS claim their has been a rise in hate crimes.."

Local activists claim...not exactly the CDC ..

Um... What?

More than 1,000 reports of hate incidents in the United States were collected by the Southern Poverty Law Center in the month since Donald Trump's election, and data released in January by the FBI show there were 5,850 hate crime incidents nationally in 2015, up 6.8 percent from 5,479 in 2014.

That was literally the third paragraph from that link. Clearly you didn't read it.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Labeling some one so you can debate the issue is slightly more acceptable then intimating ladies out for lunch. Or beating a guy in the bar because he does agree with you political opinion.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join