It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

So recently in the world of racism, this happened:

It was girls’ day out, and Diana Carrillo had abandoned her desire to eat healthy well before she, her sister and two friends got to the Southern California restaurant. The destination: Saint Marc, an upscale spot in the seaside city of Huntington Beach, where Carrillo had been once before.

As the waiter walked up to the table, Carrillo figured she’d splurge on the grilled-cheese sandwich and pay the $2 up-charge to add some of the restaurant’s signature bacon. To start, maybe she’d share a watermelon and cheese plate with her sister and friends.

But the mood soured quickly after the waiter appeared. Before he could serve the four Latina women, he said, they needed to show proof of residency. “I need to make sure you’re from here,” he said.

Flummoxed, the four women handed over their IDs. But as what was happening sank in, they fumed. “I looked at my sister and [my friend], and I said, did he really just say that?”

A few moments later, they walked over to the manager and told him what had happened. He offered them a separate section and his business card to make things right — but they had already decided to leave.

Luckily the restaurant took this VERY seriously. At first they offered to comp the meal, but after the women took their grievances to Facebook, they offered her some sort of VIP deal. The women asked that money just get donated to the Orange County Immigrant Youth United. They also fired this grade A deplorable.

Kent Bearden, the senior director of operations at Saint Marc, told The Washington Post that the waiter who had asked for the women’s IDs had been fired. It was the first time the employee had done anything like this, Bearden said, and he “had never received so much as a write-up” before.

“I don’t know if he had an agenda or not,” said Bearden. “My concern is he violated a company policy. We’re very specific about how we treat out guests. That individual did not treat a table of guests to the expectations that we set forth in that company policy, and that caused him to be terminated.”

Bearden stressed that the employee’s actions “are something that you can’t control. The true measure is how you then handle it as a company. I feel very proud of our team and how we tried to take a proactive approach, trying to create a positive out of this situation.”

Good riddance. It's none of that waiter's business if those women are in the country legally or not. Plus SoCal is a big tourist locale. They could have just as easily been tourists on vacation.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

do you have you papers?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Maaaan, America is going backwards. Make America sh*t again!

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well that was some badly written article, if that's all it takes to write for the Washington Post we are doomed.

now to the meat of the article:
doesn't it sound strange that the guy would just randomly ask that? what about tourists? does he refuse to serve them? why risk your job over something so stupid?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Good for the waiter .
In other countries they do ask foriegners for i.d as unlike america they dont put up with illegal aliens .

Been a few times over the years had my passport checked and even now as a permanant resident theres times that get my i.d checked .

Those ladies dont like the laws theyre free to return to their country of origin at anytime .

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

In which country a waiter asked for your id?
edit on 20-3-2017 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Mexico is a race?

Out of 100 "Latinas" in California, how many are paying tourists bringing money from their home nation economies into ours?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It's more fabricated news, when this sort of thing has happened for years with the same outcomes - if warranted.

But it's allll deplorable trumps fault.

lol

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

In what country a waiter asked for your id?

Been asked in vietnam , malaysia , japan and here in singapore .

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

By waiters or police?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

France, Italy and Greece in the 80's. I had to leave my military ID (at the time the equivalent of a passport) at the desk when I got a hotel in France. I was stopped by police several times and had to show ID.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

In every country police ask for your id, a private citizen like a waiter no.

link   
A California restaurant owner is looking for a new waiter if some needs a gig.

link   

It could of happened,lot's of white power groups in Htg Beach,tatted up surfers anything to start a fight,just because it's a high dollar neighborhood,plenty of scum bags live there,starts from the start of OC,was started by dustbowl and southern influx,land was real cheap when I grew up in So Cal,OC was all farms so the redneck nature stuck

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Other countries do require showing an appropriate ID when asked.

The US should be different.

I get that we have an illegal alien problem.

But you're not going to solve it in a restaurant.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Yeah, I don't get it, seems like the waiter was doing the right thing...
Imagine they were illegals, they just would've got up and left.
But they weren't, they were legal citizens who lost their bananas because someone wanted to make sure they're legal.

America is seriously backwards.
Border security starts with you! This waiter clearly took that to heart.
I feel the waiter should be compensated...

+8 more 
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
Well that was some badly written article, if that's all it takes to write for the Washington Post we are doomed.

doesn't it sound strange that the guy would just randomly ask that? what about tourists? does he refuse to serve them? why risk your job over something so stupid?

Sure was a poorly written article!

Perhaps they ordered alcohol and were only asked for their ID's and nothing more?

All we have is a he said she said, and a restaurant owner who bent over backwards due to being blitzed on Social media and the so called victims turned down everything offered in exchange for the restaurant owner to donate money to

OCIYU

OCIYU is an undocumented immigrant youth led organization that advocates for the rights of undocumented immigrants to live free from exploitation and persecution by mobilizing undocumented youth to advocate for their communities, and providing a space in which they can grow as leaders. As such, OCIYU is invested in maintaining a leadership pipeline capable of developing new young, undocumented leaders in order to effect cultural and political change toward full inclusion of undocumented immigrants into the community and move away from policies of suppression and persecution.

Yea, sound legit....

link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

originally posted by: Indigent

In what country a waiter asked for your id?

Been asked in vietnam , malaysia , japan and here in singapore .

What a bunch of racists! They should be shamed as nationalists, and beaten up in the streets by mobs of angry kids with rainbow colored hair, for such racist slights.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Right of admission reserved.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

I live here in So Cali, and yes he did do that. I have no idea why. It is on our news.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join