It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I am glad you see the breach of civil rights that occurred.

The majority of poster here do not see that.

You phrased that better than I did , kudos to you.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I am using the terms and phrases that million of other use and often deliberately misuse in these discussions

I could be different and call a door a portico. But then I have to explain portico.

Do laugh pause , and take amount, to think about what it takes for people to communicate effectively.

I am not trying to insulting you. come up with 4-5 points for us to discuss. Fair?
edit on 21-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Gramner

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well there are severity levels of mistakes. It is easier to defend an employee who breaks something versus one who offends a costumer with a VERY politically charged remark. Joke or otherwise.

Insensitivity is not a crime--but it can get you fired when representing a company.

Yes it is a chief complaint of people who don't like political correctness. Though I think it worked well in this regard.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well it is a fact that racist incidents and hate crimes are on the rise since Trump took office. This could easily be one more in that larger trend.

A fact? Any evidence...I have aged an extra 2 months since Trump got in...must be Trumps fault

I posted evidence within the thread. Spend your time reading and learning instead of spending it trying to be antagonist and you would have seen this evidence posted already.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

data released in January by the FBI show there were 5,850 hate crime incidents nationally in 2015, up 6.8 percent from 5,479 in 2014.

so there were 1000 reports of hate incidents...and an increase of 6.8% from 2014 to 2015. Wasn't Obama president from 2014 to 2015 -
note reports of hate incidents.....no actual crime statistics

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SmilingROB

I was making a historical reference...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I am a Canadian and like many of my fellow Canadians we used to spend our money south of the boarder on Holidays. Given the turn of events such as stories like this, stories about boarder patrol demanding Facebook passwords on cell phones etc I will NOT even consider going to the US for a holiday. I am also an North American Anishnawbe (Indian) If I was ever asked by a waiter to show proof of residency I would gladly show him my status card then politely tell him to get the # off my land.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FenderTwin

You need to understand about "stories like this".

In the USA you HAVE to be carded when you order an alcoholic beverage no matter HOW old you look. Some states may say "if you look under 40" or "38" or some such, but you get carded.

These girls (who look very young) order drinks and when they were carded the not racist waiter made a bad joke about having to check their residency in Trumps America. While we haven't heard from the waiter, the manager of the restaurant is the one who said it was just a poorly timed/bad joke.

However, several other posters on their Facebook page have been having this comment deleted:

Justin Zundt Customers heard stuff.... There are post and reviews on other platforms that state their side of what happened. They said that the girls asked for 5 separate tickets all with the resident discount,server asked for proof of residency for all 5 people getting checks. When he left they said he doesn't think we live in HB because we're Latinas, We'll show him....

That same exact story exists on both facebook and yelp.

Here is another quote from someone who claims they were at the restaurant and they have their name and facebook out there.

Elijah Kramer I WAS SITTING AT THE NEXT TABLE!!!!! You told the waiter you wanted 5 separate checks and 5 local resident discount. The waiter asked to see your id to prove local residency for the discount. When the waiter walked away you became upset and I HEARD you say "He doesn't believe we live in Huntington Beach because we are Latino. If we were white he would think we live here. I'm pissed. Let's show him". ----- Diana Carrillo you know you got someone fired for no reason? I'm a local and get asked to prove residency there all the time. You and your friends should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!! RACE BAITING LIAR!!! .... the most pathetic part of this is that you DON'T live in Huntington Beach!!!!

edit on 21-3-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I knew there was more to this story. This makes way more sense now. These ladies should be ashamed of themselves.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Watcher777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: FenderTwin

You need to understand about "stories like this".

In the USA you HAVE to be carded when you order an alcoholic beverage no matter HOW old you look. Some states may say "if you look under 40" or "38" or some such, but you get carded.

These girls (who look very young) order drinks and when they were carded the not racist waiter made a bad joke about having to check their residency in Trumps America. While we haven't heard from the waiter, the manager of the restaurant is the one who said it was just a poorly timed/bad joke.

However, several other posters on their Facebook page have been having this comment deleted:

Justin Zundt Customers heard stuff.... There are post and reviews on other platforms that state their side of what happened. They said that the girls asked for 5 separate tickets all with the resident discount,server asked for proof of residency for all 5 people getting checks. When he left they said he doesn't think we live in HB because we're Latinas, We'll show him....

That same exact story exists on both facebook and yelp.

Here is another quote from someone who claims they were at the restaurant and they have their name and facebook out there.

Elijah Kramer I WAS SITTING AT THE NEXT TABLE!!!!! You told the waiter you wanted 5 separate checks and 5 local resident discount. The waiter asked to see your id to prove local residency for the discount. When the waiter walked away you became upset and I HEARD you say "He doesn't believe we live in Huntington Beach because we are Latino. If we were white he would think we live here. I'm pissed. Let's show him". ----- Diana Carrillo you know you got someone fired for no reason? I'm a local and get asked to prove residency there all the time. You and your friends should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!! RACE BAITING LIAR!!! .... the most pathetic part of this is that you DON'T live in Huntington Beach!!!!

This should be placed right under the OP.

There's always a missing piece to the puzzle. There was obviously a reason behind asking for ID. Typical race baiting.

If true, those girls should be ashamed of themselves and publicly apologize to the waitstaff and any other true victim to real racism.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB

I am using the terms and phrases that million of other use and often deliberately misuse in these discussions

I could be different and call a door a portico. But then I have to explain portico.

Do laugh pause , and take amount, to think about what it takes for people to communicate effectively.

I am not trying to insulting you. come up with 4-5 points for us to discuss. Fair?

Everyone does it lol...

But might try not to do it in a post blasting someone for doing it!!! Lmao

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Watcher777
a reply to: raymundoko

I knew there was more to this story. This makes way more sense now. These ladies should be ashamed of themselves.

After 20 years in FOH I called this one on page 1 lol

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
That is because it was extremely clear that something was being left out of the story.

Your experience with FOH made it obvious to you. My experience as a Forensic Nurse made it clear to me information missing that made it impossible to come to a definitive decision about what actually occurred.

If you laid out all the information as it was presented, it was the information that was missing that made the event suspect.

Serendipitous that I am on lunch break from a class on how to identify and describe injuries observed on a presenting victim. The one thing that you must remember at all times is that every single case is different, no matter how similar it may be, to numerous others, and that you cannot dismiss undeterminable evidence just because it doesn't slap you in the face.

I understand that businesses are extremely sensitive to the possible damage that can be done by disgruntled customers in our out of control PC, social media obsessed, society. I just fear in their attempt to please, that they throw innocent or undeserving employees under the bus.

A quick look at the other articles on the website shows that they have a clear agenda. It shows me they are more concerned with generating hate and fear, and dividing us than they are about printing the truth.

Break almost over. I better find something to eat.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Getting people to focus on BS fake outrage stories is how the deflect us from the stuff that matters..

A lot of them are purposefully hypocritical ONLY so the opposite side will run it giving them publicity.

That is all Anne coulter and milo have done.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So a random waiter, for whatever reason, decided to "make sure they were from here". But was subsequently fired, the restaurant did everything to compensate what they went through and ended up donating to an immigrant non profit.

I'm not clear as to how this is some huge story. An injustice was suffered, and justice served. This one story isn't some proof of wide reaching fundamental racism you are implying it is.
edit on 21-3-2017 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

They weren' t carding for booze so the employee deserves no support.

Alcohol abuse and acces could be the topic of another thread. What we are talking about the freedom to pursue life and liberty.

Isn't stuff like that important?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

So we as a society should accept the fact all that racist activities and agenda are causing striff across the country?

You are Italians your people killed my grand dad.

You look to be of spanish background , 3 generations American.
Get out of here.

You are native American. Too bad we forgot to push your people off a cliff.

You are black. We should never have brought you people.

Do we want these kinds of attitudes in America?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

This is what happens when authorities refuse to enforce the laws of the land and citizens get fed up.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Found another bigot in the wood pile I guess.

Yes there is immageation issues to the south.

No one has the the right bully and based upon race color, religion or sexual orentation.

Nor does any body has the right to delevery vigilantie justice.

Wrong mind people thinking pepole.

And some of you call yourselves Christian s

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join