It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I find it hard to believe that the employer would not have backed the employee if he was ONLY carding for booze.

I wish this was true, but we live in a society where most businesses will throw you under the bus if it is the easiest and cheapest thing to do.

I had the experience of meeting a patient that was throwing a temper tantrum. Her doctor was in surgery and would not give a verbal order for an additional dose of pain medication without seeing her and evaluating her first. When I entered the room, not aware of what had transpired, I told her my name, and before I could say another word she struck me.

You know what followed? I got called to HR to explain what I had done that made the patient so angry that she "had" to hit me. Keep in mind that this is a zero tolerance for violence workplace.

On another occasion, a nurse was fired because she was faced with a patient requesting services that she did not have the authority to authorize. She informed the Director of Nurses, she agreed that the service could not be provided as requested. The family went off the deep end, posted numerous complaints and bad mouthed the company on Facebook. You know what happened? Do I need to say more?

Companies are about making money and they don't give a damn about who they throw under the bus.

I don't know what happened. I just think it odd with the crap that happens at restaurants and eateries all over America that this one supposed event is being made such a big deal of. People get refused service for bullcrap reasons every day. People get refused service because they have a skin condition that is harmless, but scary looking, you don't hear a word about it.

I believe even if this event occurred exactly the way it is being portrayed it, it is only being trumpeted because it supports a timely political agenda.

I don't believe the waiter is guiltless, I do suspect that either he or we are being played.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Probably a BS story from the 'read' of it...

If it were true... I'd say the waiter had more balls than most and was doing what needs to be done. Why would that make him racist? I think you have your priorities backwards OP.

So ILLEGAL immigration is a good thing, huh?

If someone asks me for my ID at a restaurant, I'd laugh and show it. I mean, damn.. They ask me for my ID all the time when I order a drink. Isn't that age discrimination? Racism against ageism? I may not look my age, but I certainly don't look 20!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What an idiot and a nasty piece of work too. Obviously just one of those people who likes to bully others.

I am quite cool with people wanting to see proof of residency if they are employing you, housing you or providing public services, but a waiter? serving food and drinks that the customers pay for? nah.

Glad he lost his job. Hopefully he'll find some much tougher way to earn a crust that will work the aggression out if him.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Do you really have to ask that question?

"Local ACTIVISTS claim their has been a rise in hate crimes.."

Local activists claim...not exactly the CDC ..

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Probably a BS story from the 'read' of it...

If it were true... I'd say the waiter had more balls than most and was doing what needs to be done. Why would that make him racist? I think you have your priorities backwards OP.

So ILLEGAL immigration is a good thing, huh?

If someone asks me for my ID at a restaurant, I'd laugh and show it. I mean, damn.. They ask me for my ID all the time when I order a drink. Isn't that age discrimination? Racism against ageism? I may not look my age, but I certainly don't look 20!

I don't think he asked only for ID or the restaurant wouldn't have taken responsibility..

So either it was a really bad joke gone wrong, or something isolated.. psychotic break or what have you..

No waiter thinks he has the authority to apprehend nor deny service to ANYONE..

Legal , illegal, Martian ... anyone.

MAYBE.. the manager made a racist joke about him checking their papers and he was new and/or dumb enough to actually go do it.. lol

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Waiter claims he was making a joke about the supposed current state of America. Cost him his job. Idiotic move.
edit on 20-3-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The article was from Post Nation.
www.washingtonpost.com...

A quick look at the included articles confirms what I thought in the first place.

[This couple didn’t tip their Latina server. They left a hateful message instead.]
[A black woman was accused of stealing — so this Victoria’s Secret kicked out all black customers]
[White supremacist stabs interracial couple after seeing them kiss at bar, police say]

We are being played. Just another attempt to keep us divided, and to keep us fighting in all the wrong places for all the wrong reasons.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
And in tomorrow's breaking ATS news...

"Volunteer Gestapo Ex-Waiter Gets New Job As A Walmart Greeter"

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I find it hard to believe that the employer would not have backed the employee if he was ONLY carding for booze.

I wish this was true, but we live in a society where most businesses will throw you under the bus if it is the easiest and cheapest thing to do.

I had the experience of meeting a patient that was throwing a temper tantrum. Her doctor was in surgery and would not give a verbal order for an additional dose of pain medication without seeing her and evaluating her first. When I entered the room, not aware of what had transpired, I told her my name, and before I could say another word she struck me.

You know what followed? I got called to HR to explain what I had done that made the patient so angry that she "had" to hit me. Keep in mind that this is a zero tolerance for violence workplace.

On another occasion, a nurse was fired because she was faced with a patient requesting services that she did not have the authority to authorize. She informed the Director of Nurses, she agreed that the service could not be provided as requested. The family went off the deep end, posted numerous complaints and bad mouthed the company on Facebook. You know what happened? Do I need to say more?

Companies are about making money and they don't give a damn about who they throw under the bus.

I don't know what happened. I just think it odd with the crap that happens at restaurants and eateries all over America that this one supposed event is being made such a big deal of. People get refused service for bullcrap reasons every day. People get refused service because they have a skin condition that is harmless, but scary looking, you don't hear a word about it.

I believe even if this event occurred exactly the way it is being portrayed it, it is only being trumpeted because it supports a timely political agenda.

I don't believe the waiter is guiltless, I do suspect that either he or we are being played.

Carding is not some obscure policy that could be misconstrued or taken advantage of..

Carding is universal.

You don't get to flip the script on universally accepted practices...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

what should it matter which country they are from?

What if they were tourists on holidays?

Shouldn't a restaurant want customers from all countries of the world to dine in?

The waiter was wrong in so many ways, he lost paying customers plus they have given the restaurant a bad wrap.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Papiere, bitte.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I'm not comparing destructiveness of political rhetoric here. I'm just saying that the current political climate is seeing a rise in hate crimes, which is true.

A raise in reported hate crimes however actual hate crimes i would say no. There have been way too many instances of "Hey rabbi what you doing?" If you dont get the hey rabbi reference then i mean people lieing and faking hate crimes on property like spraying a swastika on a house or a gay slur word ect
Most of the time hate crimes are property damage and not actual altercations between two people
edit on 20-3-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So many fake liberal racist stories, it's hard to know when a true event actually occurs. If this did indeed happen as it was presented, then the restaurant had every right to fire the guy.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKfourtwoone
a reply to: VengefulGhost

what should it matter which country they are from?

What if they were tourists on holidays?

Shouldn't a restaurant want customers from all countries of the world to dine in?

The waiter was wrong in so many ways, he lost paying customers plus they have given the restaurant a bad wrap.

What if he made a bad joke when they ordered a drink that would require identification? Still consider that wrong in so many ways?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I'm not comparing destructiveness of political rhetoric here. I'm just saying that the current political climate is seeing a rise in hate crimes, which is true.

No, it is not.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Sure by management , not a dumbass waiter.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

So you want I'd on an anonymous blogging site are you Goofy ? (Disney charactor)

Or are you making a funny joke?

Too often on the Internet,people attempt humor etc and because we cannot see each other we over react

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

So you want I'd on an anonymous blogging site are you Goofy ? (Disney charactor)

Or are you making a funny joke?

Too often on the Internet,people attempt humor etc and because we cannot see each other we over react

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
A waiter does not enforce an immigration law he brings you toast. He is trained in toast

A border guard or an brand of civil service has the athority to take appropriate legal action.

The restaurant management acted correctly.

This was a "Trumpette" seeing at target and going for it. Trumps personal behavior is being copied.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

The Grammer was good . The idea present were all clear and consume. The only quote was clearly identified.. Humm, perhaps, you need to brush up on your critical thinking skills.

A driver's license is all the id that we need to carry day to day. when we break a traffic law the nice policeman has the right to check nor a waitior.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join