It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

A ton of businesses here in the OC offer such discounts, especially the very touristy spots like Anaheim, Laguna, Newport and Huntington beach. From what the manager says though, this was a legit card after the women ordered drinks and then the waiter made a bad joke.

The manager of that restaurant says they don't.

He said there are no specials for residents of the area.

Joke? Lamest excuse ever.

It happens all the time...

I am super liberal/libertarian and HATE , I mean HATE all the conservative propaganda..

And I said something horrible to to elderly black ladies during Obamas first run..

Something along the lines of the GOP should haverun a black guy to cancel obama out..

I can't remember the quote, but it came out exactly the opposite of what I intended lol..

I meant it in a pro obama , kinda sarcastic way, but it came out wrong and they went silent...

At that point I'm sure the blood drained from my face and I just shut the hell up and did my job..

Too embarrassed to even apologize..

They didn't raise hell, but could have.. and 99% I would get arguably rightfully fired... mainly since politics is not what they are paying me to do..

I promise you that in every high volume joint in the US someone gets fired for exactly that every couple years..

That is guaranteed happening once or twice a day nationally.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You'd be hard pressed to find a young person in Orange County who isn't a democrat, especially a waiter...Considering it happened when they were being carded for alcohol, because they look very young, you would be very tilted not to accept the word of the waiter and the manager that it was a joke gone wrong. Mind you, the manager never denied there was a local discount, I am not sure where you are getting that from. Can you source? I am not saying there is one, I've never been to Saint Marc because I steer clear of HB, but I don't see that any person associated with the restaurant has said there is no local discount.

Granted Orange County is the "conservative" bastion of California, but it's version of "conservative" is way different than a conservative in say Arkansas.

Edit:I just called (714) 374-1101. They do offer several local discounts that run as daily promotions and they offer discounts to residents of The Residences @ Pacific City. You are welcome to call as well. I just went through your links again, nowhere does the manager discuss local discounts.
edit on 22-3-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So, is this story like the one with the rabid Trump supporter who beat someone up in NY?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

has anyone been able to interview the employee or any other employees or people that were present? do you have a link where the manager says the waiter carded them and then mad a "bad joke?"

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

has anyone been able to interview the employee or any other employees or people that were present? do you have a link where the manager says the waiter carded them and then mad a "bad joke?"

I have done a bit of researching in between classes, looking for information from another source, but so far all I have been able find is the same story being repeated by other sites, that all seem to have the same agenda.

I could be wrong, but my gut tells me this event did not happened exactly the way it is being sold.

I believe the lady took offense at something the waiter said. I don't know why, there could be a thousand and one reasons why, but it sure became a huge win for her and the organization that she supports.

I deal with angry, disgruntled, vengeful, people on a regular basis. I even work with some real jerks, it comes with the job. As hard as it is at times, I have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I have found on most occasions that everyone is right. It just depends on which side you are facing.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yes, it's in the LA times article that Anne linked. Clear as day says it was a bad joke and that they were being carded for orderin alcohol.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The new LA times article has quotes from the manager. Was a bad joke, they ordered drinks and the girl even says she already had her ID out expecting to be carded for drinks.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I promise you that in every high volume joint in the US someone gets fired for exactly that every couple years..

That is guaranteed happening once or twice a day nationally.

My daughter was a server for 20 years.

Don't say stupid stuff.

link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I have done a bit of researching in between classes, looking for information from another source, but so far all I have been able find is the same story being repeated by other sites, that all seem to have the same agenda.

I could be wrong, but my gut tells me this event did not happened exactly the way it is being sold.

I believe the lady took offense at something the waiter said. I don't know why, there could be a thousand and one reasons why, but it sure became a huge win for her and the organization that she supports.

I deal with angry, disgruntled, vengeful, people on a regular basis. I even work with some real jerks, it comes with the job. As hard as it is at times, I have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I have found on most occasions that everyone is right. It just depends on which side you are facing.

If it was as simple as "he was carding them for alcohol " the buisness wouldn't have accepted responsibility.

That is a really easy explanation to explaine, since carding is mandated by every state.

That said, every waiter that is not still in training knows you will be instantly fired for refusing service... for any reason really. ONLY management can make those kinda calls..

So I'm going really bad joke that was rightfully taken offence to.

link   
Show me.

Show me in that article where the manager accepted what the waiter said as trying to make a joke.

"Word for word"

Linky: copied and pasted.
edit on 22-3-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The owner and the girls say they were being carded for alcohol...the one girl said she already had her card out.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Where did I say he accepted it? He said he was told it was a joke. We all agree it was a bad joke. The manager obviously didn't like the joke or the joke excuse as he fired the waiter...the girls weren't satisfied with it being a joke either.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The owner and the girls say they were being carded for alcohol...the one girl said she already had her card out.

This is what actually happened.

Carrillo has replayed the March 11 incident in her head, questioning herself on the details.

“Did I misinterpret something?” she said. “No. There is no room for misinterpretation.”

She said the manager told her that the waiter had told him he meant the comment as a joke, but she doesn’t buy it. She said the waiter approached the table without a smile. “He didn’t introduce himself or welcome us to the restaurant,” Carrillo said. “He just asked us for proof of our residency, looked at our IDs and walked away.”

The the manager fired the waiter because he didn't believe his story.

In the political climate of today - - - the waiter was an idiot - - - there's no excuse.

Don't interpret.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

If it was as simple as "he was carding them for alcohol " the buisness wouldn't have accepted responsibility.

That is a really easy explanation to explaine, since carding is mandated by every state.

That said, every waiter that is not still in training knows you will be instantly fired for refusing service... for any reason really. ONLY management can make those kinda calls..

So I'm going really bad joke that was rightfully taken offence to.

Stop trying to interpret what actually happened.

The waiter was an idiot - - he got fired.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This isn't racism, it's nationalism. There's a difference.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Wrong, read your own post with the quote about ordering drinks. Her own facebook page says she already had her ID out...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

How is one waiters actions national news?!?!

What waiter thinks he is immigraion?!?!

This whole thing stinks..

I don't buy it.

I've been waiting table for years and have never heard of ANYTHING similar....

What was he gonna do if they didn't have ID?

He doesn't have the authority to refuse service..that's managements call...

I think this was either planned or the waiter told a horribly inappropriate joke.. as a brain fart..

It was funny in his head, but not in real life...

Mark my words this one is super fishy..

not saying this is the case, but usually when we hear about these types of stories theres outrage then a couple weeks down the line we find out the whole incident was made up and never happened. i remember one recently where a waitress said a couple left a nasty note in the tip section on their reciept for her. turned out to be completely false. going by the actions taken by the company and their reply im guessing that this most likely happened in this case though.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PRSpinster

that's not racism or nationalism that's an idiot that made a stupid joke and was rightfully fired for it. nationalism is a scary concept, we are living in 2017 not 1941.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: VengefulGhost

In what country a waiter asked for your id?

Been asked in vietnam , malaysia , japan and here in singapore .

You sure it wasn't because you were just ordering drinks? Possibly a wholllleee lot of em?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Argus100

I've been to all those places and never once been asked for a passport unless at the hotel or taking transportation...even when ordering drinks.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join