It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants are going hungry so Trump won’t deport them

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I came up with a solution, even wrote a thread on it.

Excusing, making excuses for illegals just perpetuates the problem.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Actually, under Reagan around 3 million from the group that most wanted them to stay, the illegals themselves, signed up to share the tax burden by becoming legal and being taxed.

The other group, the employers, got tax breaks and trickle down economics put in place.

Guess you just can't please everyone.

edit on 17-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

I agree with most of what you just said.

There is no doubt there are many problems with the system and the way it operates and the benefits that are provided.

I've also been rejected for aid in school money because I was just an average white guy with average white parents who made a middle class wage. There's no help for you when you're in that group and you're on your own. It sux too. It still makes me mad when I think back to it.

I'm not saying things don't need fixing. They do. I just don't think they can be fixed in the same way others think they'll be fixed.

I think most people getting help actually need it and do it the right way. I think the minority getting help are scamming. I don't want to punish the majority because of a bad minority basically.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I swear some of you suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.

"We must protect our corporate masters at all costs!!"

Dude your the same guy hating on trump for wanting to build a wall and deporting "violent criminal" illegal aliens. Its not their fault lol it is the corporations which to be honest yeah your right but giving illegals incentives to take the crappy low wage job and live off the taxes of others isn't smart. Corparations need to not have the ability of supply because they will take it as it doesnt affect them because they will just off set the taxes they pay on consumers. See the problem does break down to them and it spreads out to all of us however if illegals dont just show up in droves to work below minimum wage or minimum wage jobs while expecting the government to handle everything else they wont come and corporations will have to pay an american to do said work and as he is actually paying his taxes, he or she will be paying into these programs. That means if they do take government aid it will be less of a burden.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wouldn't making excuses for the companies who are also doing it perpetuate the problem too though???

I don't see why that's not viewed as the problem.

Why give the private business that rewards their behavior a pass while blaming those who are being exploited and/or the system that is being circumvented???

Government aid is supposed to help Americans but it has area's that can be exploited. That doesn't make the system bad, it means it's vulnerable and needs fixing, not removal.

The people being exploited would rather not be exploited but take it as it's the best they can do.

The people who do the exploiting act only in their own interest and at the expense of everyone else. They take advantage of the illegals and Americans at the same time and only do so to reward themselves and they're bottom line.

How are they not being held responsible for that as the priority over the others???

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Wouldn't making excuses for the companies who are also doing it perpetuate the problem too though???

I don't see why that's not viewed as the problem.

If the illegals didn't cross the border illegally, then the companies would have to hire legals.

Or to put it even simpler. . . fine the companies 1 million per illegal.

Problem, solved.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

With the politicians in their back pockets you're going to need a comfy chair to sit in while you wait for that to happen.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If the illegals didn't cross the border illegally, then the companies would have to hire legals.

Or to put it even simpler. . . fine the companies 1 million per illegal.

Problem, solved.

We just see it differently. But like I said do what you think will fix it then and let me know if and when it works. Because IMO you're looking at it from the wrong perspective and you're attacking a symptom rather than the illness which might make you feel better for a minute but you're still gonna be sick with the same illness as before.

But the million dollar fine is a step in the right direction though. Not sure how you'll make that a law after we get done removing all the regulations and labor laws and workers rights and every other restriction we've put in place though which is exactly what's happening now.

Corporate power and freedom to do whatever they want is in full gear now. They'll be able to pollute anything, cut or pump everywhere, hire and fire for any reason at all, and do it all without any of us having the ability to stop them or protect ourselves soon enough. So I don't know how you're going to convince anyone to put that bill up for a vote. But if you figure that out I'll vote for it.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

With the politicians in their back pockets you're going to need a comfy chair to sit in while you wait for that to happen.

Just because politicians are crooked slimewads, does not mean that I am.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I agree with most of what you just said.

There is no doubt there are many problems with the system and the way it operates and the benefits that are provided.

I've also been rejected for aid in school money because I was just an average white guy with average white parents who made a middle class wage. There's no help for you when you're in that group and you're on your own. It sux too. It still makes me mad when I think back to it.

I'm not saying things don't need fixing. They do. I just don't think they can be fixed in the same way others think they'll be fixed.

I think most people getting help actually need it and do it the right way. I think the minority getting help are scamming. I don't want to punish the majority because of a bad minority basically.

Awww glass half full type of guy! I have witnessed too much life to know thats a foolish assumption. Its like i said close to 50 or more are scamming in some way! If your illegal its already a scam because your not qualified to collect snap or food stamps. If your in the welfare office with a gold chain on claiming to be broke your lieing! Sell your f--king gold chain and pay your rent! I have watched people who drive 60,000 dollar brand new cars live in section 8 housing they just put the title of the car under a friend or family members name. I have watched people talk about how to game the system like it wasn't a big deal and i hate to sound racist but minorities are good at it they know what to say and how to fill out the forms even how to get around the regulations. Hell there is a hospital where i live that everyday at 5 in the morning their is a line of people who cant pay their medical bills 80 percent of them are illegal and they treat the first 50 people who come in thats how i know its 80 percent illegal aliens. Whats even worse is other illegals will scam the illegals by waiting in line only to sell their place in line if someone doesn't make the first 50.

I live in LA I watch this stuff happen all the time and its sickening! The funny thing about this is you have to be on the poorer end of the spectrum to see it and its makes you feel like paying your taxes is a joke when its wasted on these people who abuse it openly. Also dont think all illegals work minimum wage jobs they dont hell some of them make more then 6 figures in the construction trade if they learn english and drive expensive trucks and their wife still collects snap and what ever else they can get.

But dont get me wrong some illegals are great people who i love dearly and are only illegal because that dont have the chance to become legal and these people we need them honestly they would make great additions to our country. But their are others who dont want to be legal citizens because they wont get away with as much like having a not having driver license or not paying their medical bills or paying taxes ect and these people go the way of the dinosaurs! Also i know its a culture thing but schools have to pay more for bilingual teachers and esl programs this simply isn't helping too. If you come here and want your child to learn to be bilingual great send them to private schools where you pay extra dont expect us to foot the bill paying so your child can learn english and spanish because you refuse to learn the language here or send your kids to after schools for cultural heritage learning the chinese do this
edit on 17-3-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Sure, I know plenty of the same people.

But the guy with the gold chain who sells it for rent actually is poor with the gold chain. He's just a poor guy who can live one more month before being on the street, that's all.

The guy in section 8 is doing a bit better and has a better scam than the gold chain guy for sure. But he's probably poor as well. Just has a nice car for a while.

There are criminals everywhere some better than others. Most are just making it by with some hustle on the side.

The true criminals. The real masters of crime aren't living in section 8 or wearing gold chains though.

They are making laws and making multi billion dollar deals with other criminals. I worry about the gold chain guys in the short term if I'm walking alone in the dark. The real white collar criminals however are the ones to worry about all the time.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Sure, I know plenty of the same people.

But the guy with the gold chain who sells it for rent actually is poor with the gold chain. He's just a poor guy who can live one more month before being on the street, that's all.

The guy in section 8 is doing a bit better and has a better scam than the gold chain guy for sure. But he's probably poor as well. Just has a nice car for a while.

There are criminals everywhere some better than others. Most are just making it by with some hustle on the side.

The true criminals. The real masters of crime aren't living in section 8 or wearing gold chains though.

They are making laws and making multi billion dollar deals with other criminals. I worry about the gold chain guys in the short term if I'm walking alone in the dark. The real white collar criminals however are the ones to worry about all the time.

Lol no they are not poor selling drugs and bringing in 6 figures while living in section 8 isnt poor. Gold chain guy doesnt want to work lol i talked to him and all he wants to do is get high and f--k bitches. Being poor sucks and its hard on you but you learn to have drive when the help isn't there like it is with white males. This is my point! Nobody even the people in the offices care if these people are abusing the system and to be honest its mostly minorites who work in these government aid buildings. Same with social security buildings where peoples ssn end up being mysterious used by illegals. Its not a few bad apples its a f--k ton.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
Gold chain guy doesnt want to work lol i talked to him and all he wants to do is get high and f--k bitches.

LOLOL

Well, at least they haven't taken away your sense of humor.

Even though that's not meant to be funny exactly. But that was still funny and a good delivery too.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I feel sympathy for these people, in this day and age no one anywhere should go hungry.
That said if these people came to the US illegally and things have gotten so bad they can no longer feed themselves or their families maybe heading back home to reasses their situation isnt such a bad idea

Not only is it illegal for someone to break into my home and stay here without my permission. It is beyond idiocy to also expect me to feed them or worse...force me to buy them food. It is insanity to then require me to get them medical attention, provide them with a clean living space, allow them to use my bathroom, kitchen and family room. But the real, totally disgusting idea is that if forced against my will to do so...is that this will encourage more individuals to attempt the same upon other American citizen's families.

Where are our leaders? Well...the right and Trump understand this insanity and the pain, harm and financial damage this causes Americans. The left on the other hand, thinks this is just fine and that YOU SHOULD BE REQUIRED to do so. You should take food from your child's mouth and give it to an intruder. The left also, while understanding they are breaking the law, wish to force American citizens to break the law by HARBORING A CRIMINAL. Yes...if you are here illegally you are a criminal.

When a Congressman, member of the Senate, President or employee of the government not only breaks a law, but encourages other to break the law or even worse (looking at you California) force others to break the law...THESE INDIVIDUALS SHOULD BE JAILED! They should also be impeached, fired and banned from government employment.

If you disagree with our laws...work to change them. In the meantime, just as we should prosecute the criminals coming over the border, we MUST PROSECUTE those in power for CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY.

There is no place in our government for CRIMINALS!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

How about the people and businesses that hire them illegally??

The rich people that hire them to take care of their kids?? Clean their homes?? Cut their lawns??? Pick their food?? etc.??

They should all be arrested too right???

Don't forget about the corporations that hire them with H1B Visas so they can replace American workers for less money and no benefits as well. They're legal because of the Visas but still putting Americans out of work. It's just a legal loophole so corps can bring in people to work our jobs for less money.
edit on 17-3-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

The rich people that hire them to take care of their kids?? Clean their homes?? Cut their lawns??? Pick their food?? etc.??

Don't forget about the corporations that hire them with H1B Visas so they can replace American workers for less money and no benefits as well. They're legal because of the Visas but still putting Americans out of work. It's just a legal loophole so corps can bring in people to work our jobs for less money.

About the "rich" and the business using these people...yes! Arrest them and charge them accordingly. The Visas...don't get me going. I was (long ago) a victim of all those technology visas. Microsoft, Facebook, etc. should be exposed for why the don't support the ban Trump is trying to pass. It is all about them getting cheaper labor that will work more hours.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Ok then. At least I can see you're not applying some double standard here.

But you should know that it's not just the left pushing this stuff. The left are more accepting of the ones crossing the boarder it seems but there are many on the right who are loving those Visas and never miss a chance to increase their usage too.

In fact it was one of the celebrity Republicans I forget which one now that just increased the limit on them by a lot!! Rubio, or Ryan or somebody. They all look the same to me.

It's somebody who's familiar though.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: ketsuko

You can't get past "those who defraud the system" can you? Does it make you feel justified to oppose all public assistance to the needy because of those few? Does it help you to feel better about yourself? You're lying to yourself.

If you know somebody who is defrauding the system, report them. If you don't then shut up.

I've read your thoughts on this for years, and I know what you think. I don't want to discuss it with you. You are a closed door and mind.

/done with you ket

I don't think anyone is suggesting that.

Do you see the irony in saying "I know what you think, I don't want to discuss it with you", immediately followed by deriding someone else for having a closed mind...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

A food box system is a simple and viable solution. Let me break it down.

If anyone can dispute this, please tell me why.

I have read that it would be called discrimination, forcing people to humble themselves and go to the distribution center. They would be ashamed and we can't have that now can we???

Think about it though, necessary items such as toilet paper, people who get food stamps I guess usually get cash assistance also. They pay retail for a pack of toilet paper. If the Gov't bought 10 million packs, it could probably get them for next to nothing and hand out at the center for free.

But again, it would shame the recipients.

Logistically speaking it would probably be a nightmare as well

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I know your a smart guy i can tell. Probably a good person with a good heart maybe your still young or maybe you haven't witnessed life at the lower end enough to try and take a deep look into this crap.
I notice many people are afraid to look into topics that might put them at odds with other people. They fear being ostracized by people and becoming a social pariah so they try to research topics from the perspective that will make them most liked and wont alienate anyone, group or race ect. It's a nobel cause but it isnt fueled by actual knowledge of the topic in all its forms its fueled by emotions and wanting to fit in.

Truth can be ugly, mean, racist, sexist, xenophobic or any other type of liberal buzzword you can find and when you cant confront the truth because it's a buzzword or the truth might confirm a buzzword your basing your argument in your ideology of how you think the world should work compared to how it does. The truth is you should read topics that might go agaisnt your ideology as well as ones that favor your ideology and dont let your emotions and buzzwords get in your way of what you might find is truth.
edit on 17-3-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join