It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants are going hungry so Trump won’t deport them

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There are paths to citizenship.

They are either responsible adults or all retarded.

Which is it?

There are laws in place for employers in hiring employees too.

Are they responsible adults or all retarded???

Which is it??

Ever wonder why Pro-Business is always against worker rights, unions, equal pay, labor laws, etc.???? Sure don't want those things in place when you plan on screwing over the Americans who currently work for you so you can exploit some immigrant instead.

Think about it.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
There are paths to citizenship.

Not everyone qualifies.

They are either responsible adults or all retarded.

Which is it?

Another false dichotomy.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: mOjOm

Seems like you are diluting the thread, we are not discussing the employers. That is a great point, but the illegals are here, and are withdrawing from SNAP because they are afraid of getting deported.

Thanks for that...

My bet is that when the numbers start coming in re: self-deportations, we will see that a lot of these illegals are heading home rather than be deported.

Maybe you could just go shout "La Migra!" in dark movie theaters

edit on 16-3-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: SBMcG

I could care less how they feel or what they want.

Maybe that's why they don't care about your laws then.

Maybe if you gave a sh*t then they might also.

You're kidding, right?

These illegals are here because I don't care about them?

That's just f...ing stupid.

The bottom line is that YOU support the breaking of US law for political purposes.

link   
I don't know what is more pathetic.

Leftists who think illegals are retards with no moral obligations or leftists who blame employers after the illegals have already broken the law.

Making excuses for people who break the law is a full-time job for some. Maybe you guys can hire a few illegals to take the strain off.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'd say it is anyone dictating options on internet sites as if actually mean something (left, right or whatever).
edit on 16-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

You should probably stop making excuses for those businesses that break the law and hire them then.

It's making you look like a Lefty who encourages them to break the law.

SBMcG,
Not sure why you're blaming me now. I'm not helping them come here, giving them jobs when they do get here, or getting some advantage out of it that's any different than what you get.

It effects me the same as it effects you. I simply think you're accusing the wrong side for why it's happening. But I know it's easier for you to blame me than blame who's really responsible so go right ahead. I'll still be here to tell you "I told you so" years from now when you're still complaining about it because it's still here.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

a reply to: seasonal

I mean what has happened in your life that has jaded you so bad that you resent someone getting food stamps to get food???

That one extra dollar that means almost nothing to you means so much to someone who's hungry.

The United States is $20 Trillion in debt (and only going to continue rising), we don't have an extra dollar to give. I guess if you want to borrow from China, or Japan, and go even deeper in debt to them, so we can feed more illegal immigrants, I think you will find it's not going to work out too well for us. We spend $75 Billion on food stamps every year. That ain't chump change. But I guess feeding illegals today is more important than feeding citizens tomorrow. Glad I don't have kids, this country is going to be a total mess in the near future.

So let em all starve? That seems a bit akin to genocide. I have very mixed feelings about all of this. It irks me to no end that if I illegally entered many other countries in the world that they would kick me out ASAP when discovered. I think that the Mexican government distributing 50mn for legal aide to their US consulates says quite a bit. It seems that they(the Mexican government) feels some entitlement with regard to their citizens entering and living in the US illegally. Of course this all boils down to the boatloads of USD being funneled back into the Mexican economy.

The notion of borders, nationalism and even land ownership also troubles me(at least philosophically) as we are all human beings at the end of the day. Who is to say that I am not welcome when I cross some invisible line? Obviously it is cultural differences that causes these clashes. Some of the stories of rape, violent crime and "no-go" areas coming out of Europe clearly demonstrate this. Whatever the causes for this, and btw I think European colonialism is one of them along with the US/NATO(and the 3rd Reich and Weimar Germany before that) sponsorship of islamo-fascists like the MB over the years is another, it's still a real problem with very few real solutions. Many argue that the "deport them all and seal the borders" approach will solve this but it's only a band-aid for the immediate future. I sometimes wonder if hyper-nationalism on all sides has caused this to begin with.

As to the SNAP worker; it seems she is mentioning just a handful of families. I can't seem to find any solid data(yet) that substantiates this as being a wider trend.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

You should probably stop making excuses for those businesses that break the law and hire them then.

It's making you look like a Lefty who encourages them to break the law.

I'm not the one who treats them like retards.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Neither am I. I treat them like people.

Which seems to be something you refuse to do.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I have a solution!

Those who want illegals to stay, start paying extra taxes.

Those who want illegals to not stay, let's stop paying those extra taxes for them to stay.

Everybody super happy! ^_^

edit on 17-3-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Go tell that to the companies who exploit them for cheap labor and see how they feel about paying more in taxes for them.

They aren't staying here because they like hanging out with your average american who's paying taxes.

They're here because of all the systems in place that reward them for being here. None of which any average american taxpayer has control of BTW.

YOUR BLAMING THE WRONG PEOPLE!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

a reply to: seasonal

I know you probably see me as just some big commie or whatever, but IMO it doesn't matter what someone's status is, you feed them if they need food.

I mean what has happened in your life that has jaded you so bad that you resent someone getting food stamps to get food???

First of all, like it says in the article, it's the kids who are citizens that are getting them not the illegals directly. So they're feeding their family the best they can.

But regardless of that anyway, it's food, they're people, they have to eat too. So feed them.

Maybe it's the fact that part of my family is Italian or something but I was raised where if someone doesn't have food, you feed them. You don't ask about their status or anything like that. If someone needs to eat you feed them. It's just that simple.

I mean most people waste so much food by letting it go bad or tossing it out or something I just don't get how selfish anyone can be to not want to help a hungry person get food. I just can't understand it.

I see people, homeless and otherwise and I'll just buy them food or drinks sometimes. I mean I'm there buying something for myself usually anyway and what's another buck or two for something extra??? It's nothing. It's not like you're taking them out for lobster but guy a hungry person a cheeseburger or a coffee when it's cold out side. That one extra dollar that means almost nothing to you means so much to someone who's hungry.

I agree with not letting someone go hungry. I myself have done the same as you in buying a stranger some food/coffee many times. I have a rule though. I never give cash. Not even some change. I have seen too many take the change straight to the nearest place to buy beer and such. I have also seen too many people selling their "children's" food stamps. The article says they have been here 5 years getting food stamps. Either they are just getting them for the heck of it or this is not working for them and they need to try something different.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Neither am I. I treat them like people.

Which seems to be something you refuse to do.

I treat them like people.

People who don't want to be responsible for their actions.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

So don't come here and get exploited and have to rely on SNAP.

We're just going in circles--

That's my cue to get some sleep.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I swear some of you suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.

"We must protect our corporate masters at all costs!!"

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

It's still just food. If they want to buy 1 steak vs. 10 boxes of rice and beans that's their choice. That comes down to market pricing after all. If they don't budget it right then it's gone too fast.

But it's just food. I've never seen anyone buying caviar or anything with food stamps. They can't spend it on prepared food and there are even limits on the things they are allowed to purchase.

Should they only get to eat wheat flakes, peanut butter and crackers all month or something??

I understand what your saying here its just food and i have used food stamps in the past but only when i needed them. We would only buy the nessary items milk, eggs, vegetables ect however when i could pay for things my self I did and worked to get off them as fast as i could. I could have stayed on them but choose to just tighten my belt and work harder. I have never been on government housing and could of used it "after college"however there are people who are 3rd generation government housing.

The programs are not used the way they are intended to be used it. You shouldn't be on food stamps for your life and 3 generations in government housing is a total failure on the program which is supposedly just a stepping stone not a f--king wheelchair because crutch is too light of a analogy.

If you decide to have 3 kids live on government housing and use food stamps and work a part time job you are a leech period! Unless you made enough money from a previous job that at one time was able to support your children and yourself and you lost said job and now need it. Its called living within your means! If you cant afford 3 kids why did you have them? Hell i have never been able to get unemployment as a white male when friends who are not white got it easy. I had to do odd jobs to stay alive during my unemployment while searching for a full time job thank god i have never need disability of i would have been royally screwed if it is anything like getting unemployment.

Illegals dont pay into it period! Snap or food stamps state that illegals are not eligible so why are they on it and if they are on that what else are they on?

I think the way people view government aid should be addressed and a personal business plan should be drawn out and a contract signed by said person who want to recieve the aid. Need food stamps ok what are your goals to get off food stamps? After a year have you achieved any of your goals? Did you get a better job? Have you learned how to manage your finances ect. Same with housing same with unemployment. This is how you separate the people who need these things from the people who abuse them. I would say probably 50 percent abuse government aid in some way!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

And you encourage open borders and a lack of nationalism.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I feel exploited enough by my corporate masters without having to help someone else be sustainably exploited

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Really????

I'm pretty sure looking at something for what it is isn't the same as encouraging it.

I already said earlier what I do encourage is for you to do exactly what you think will fix it because I already know it's not going to work because you're going after the wrong people. That way you'll learn for yourself and I get to say "I told you so."

I also said I encourage you to look somewhere else if you want to stop it from happening.

I guess you haven't been listening to what I've said at all and would rather accuse me of things I've never said. That's your choice.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join