It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants are going hungry so Trump won’t deport them

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

So the illegals aren't responsible for their own actions?

Do you think illegals are all retarded?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

No, people can choose to break the law, any law.

Getting caught and having to pay for breaking the law still applies.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Illegal aliens are people.

They have a choice.

Either make themselves legal or get the #### out.

Your post inspired me to do a quick research on naturalization laws.

I was curious if illegals could just wait it out and gain citizenship. Nope. They have to enter legally before they can become a naturalized citizen.

Despite congress having no testicles to declare an official language, a basic fluency in English is required for naturalization.

Yeah, send em back if they're breaking the law and refusing to learn 2 words of English.

edit on 16-3-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

False dichotomy.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They are responsible for what they do.

But what are they doing??? They are taking positions which are being offered to them!!!! Do you think a bunch of poor illegal people who have no power or rights magically came here and forced everyone to comply with their desires???

Give me a break. They've been told to come here however they can and if they can make it, we have stuff for you. We have jobs that really suck but they're better than what you got there if you can make it. We haul them over by the thousands to replace workers here using h1b Visas. Literally bring them here, fire people doing those jobs and put them in place to save money.

I'm not saying they are totally innocent. But they aren't here because they took over. They were invited and given jobs and paid wages because someone was getting rich off them. They were being exploited. Why not blame the ones exploiting them???

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: SBMcG

Out of curiosity why do you blame the people first and the business second. Both are knowingly breaking the law. Yet the businesses are not only getting wealthy from it, but also taking government money, breaking a whole lot of other laws at the same time and lobbying for it as well. The people only get taken advantage of and work for every penny they make.

The illegals broke the law first.

Had they not illegally entered the country in the first place, no crime would have been committed.

The people who really "get taken advantage of" here are the immigrants who are going through the process legally.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
A food box system is a simple and viable solution. Let me break it down.

The workers will mainly consist of the recipients of the food themselves, they will be paid in food for their community service to the program. They will not be required to put in extensive hours for this, maybe 5-20 hours per month depending on the amount they need.

Transportation will not be an issue, these individuals already have a means of getting to the store to buy food, so travelling to a different location will not be a burden. If for some reason it is, public buses can be used to accommodate at scheduled times.

The government will pay for all of the food, but a signup and approval system will be in place so proper food supplies can be managed. The government will also fund the center where the food is distributed.

The food will be a nutritional supplement necessary for 1 week. It will not be strictly impoverished foods, but a variety of foods that are healthy and tasty while remaining cost efficient. Meats, poultry, dairy, grains, and even snacks will be included.

Failure to participate in your monthly hours for 2 consecutive months will terminate you from the program. You can always re-apply, but will have to make up the back-hours owed to receive this benefit.

The center will also offer employment services, so once you have completed your service hours or are just coming to pick up your food, you will also be offered a resource that encourages gainful employment.

If anyone can dispute this, please tell me why.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Besides. The only law broken by them is coming or staying without permission.

What laws are being broken by the companies exploiting them??? What about the severity of those laws???

At best being here without permission is just Trespassing. Hiring them illegally, giving them no protections, paying them below standard wage, no benefits, etc. etc. etc.

But it's all ok because that's just business right???

It's their fault for letting themselves get exploited so the businesses can get rich right???

Because capitalism is always right and good and for the benefit of everyone right???

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Seems like you are diluting the thread, we are not discussing the employers. That is a great point, but the illegals are here, and are withdrawing from SNAP because they are afraid of getting deported.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

They are responsible for what they do.

But

Stop right there. They are responsible for what they do.

That's all that needs to be said.

The rest of your post simply refutes your first sentence.

If they didn't want to break the law, then no enticement would lure them.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Besides. The only law broken by them is coming or staying without permission.

Uh huh.

So what other laws should we ignore?

These illegals are here ILLEGALLY.

It was 100% their decision to break our laws.

Whatever laws were broken by others after that should be prosecuted accordingly, but first, the illegals need to be DEPORTED.

They do not belong here because they came illegally. There are hundreds of thousands of people trying to immigrate legally. How is it fair to them to continue to allow these illegals to stay while legal applicants wait in line and obey our laws?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Shouldn't have come to the USA illegally then should they?

I have no sympathy

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Seems like you are diluting the thread, we are not discussing the employers. That is a great point, but the illegals are here, and are withdrawing from SNAP because they are afraid of getting deported.

Thanks for that...

My bet is that when the numbers start coming in re: self-deportations, we will see that a lot of these illegals are heading home rather than be deported.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Of course. Because focusing on what the issue really is may actually solve something. Or at least get people looking at where the problem can actually be dealt with.

But that's fine with me. In fact, I've said what I have to say and that is enough. At this point I encourage you to do exactly what you want now and see the results. Then maybe you'll realize the truth of what I'm saying.

I'm legal so don't have to worry about it. So go ahead and put the blame on the people being exploited and let the real problem skate by without any blame. Because they'll just keep doing it. You'll block off Mexico and deport them all just find out your jobs are going to some other illegal immigrants or Visa holder instead. Then you can blame them too and let the corporations slide once more, rinse, repeat.

Then I get to say "I told you so" and you can hate me for that too.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: SBMcG
No one forced the illegals to break our law and invade our country. They made a choice.

And?

They need to go back.

I'd say you feel that they need to go back or maybe you need them to go back. Either way, they might not feel the same way about it.

I could care less how they feel or what they want. Our laws are our laws and the illegals knowingly and willing broke them.

They need to be deported, and as far as I'm concerned, not too gently.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

You don't care how they feel and they don't care how you feel. Great, but that really doesn't change anything.

My point is that you feeling one way or another doesn't mean that you will get your way.
edit on 16-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Yo don't care how they feel and they don't care how you feel. Great, but that really doesn't change anything.

My point is that you feeling one way or another doesn't mean that you will get your way.

I am an American citizen. Illegals are here illegally.

I'm already getting my way. they will be deported en masse and we will have a Great Trump Wall to keep them out in the future.

Why do you have your panties in a twist about these illegals anyway -- you got an illegal Mexican boyfriend hiding under your bed or something?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

I could care less how they feel or what they want.

Maybe that's why they don't care about your laws then.

Maybe if you gave a sh*t then they might also.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

False dichotomy.

There are paths to citizenship.

They are either responsible adults or all retarded.

Which is it?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

That is what you hope for. People have been hoping for the same thing for decades.

I'm just pointing out the facts of the matter, to pass the time.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join