It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Reporter, David Cay Johnston: I’m Getting Threats

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

And Michael Jackson was innocent of child molestation charges when he paid out millions in a settlement rather than taking it to trial. Gotcha.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Did I say Trump was innocent?

Please show me where I said that.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The challenge was for me to prove my assertion that Trump is not an honest businessman. Trump University is an example of his dishonesty. Spar over words like "lost" or "forced to pay" all you like. But the facts are in. Trump paid! Trump has never been an honest businessman.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: SlapMonkey

He could probably actually pay his taxes with the all the money he spends on loopholes and tax attorneys trying to find ways to NOT pay them.

He paid 25% according to that! Just exactly how much of anyone's income do you think the government should be empowered to take?

Remember, what you do those you consider rich will trickle down to the rest of us, so consider just what percentage of your own income you feel is a "fair" share for the government to have.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Trump is an honest businessman.

MSNBC proved it beyond any doubt.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Everyone should pay taxes. Even the "very, very rich".

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The challenge was for me to prove my assertion that Trump is not an honest businessman. Trump University is an example of his dishonesty. Spar over words like "lost" or "forced to pay" all you like. But the facts are in. Trump paid! Trump has never been an honest businessman.

It's a shame you undermined your point with inaccurate statements.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

How can person out of one side of his mouth say "I'm very, very rich, I am a multi-billionaire" and yet not pay taxes, not pay his workers, and file for bankruptcy at the same time?

How is that possible? Whole lot 'o lying going on.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

How can person out of one side of his mouth say "I'm very, very rich, I am a multi-billionaire" and yet not pay taxes, not pay his workers, and file for bankruptcy at the same time?

How is that possible? Whole lot 'o lying going on.

He paid. 25%.

So where is your cognitive disconnect coming from?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I think you understand I'm talking about after 2005. Like NOW. Currently.

If everything is on the up and up, then WHY won't he release his tax returns like the other decent folks who have run for office?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I think you understand I'm talking about after 2005. Like NOW. Currently.

If everything is on the up and up, then WHY won't he release his tax returns like the other decent folks who have run for office?

So you are making the assumption that he doesn't pay anything now? Even after the 8 years of the Obama administration and all the tax hikes that came with it?

And you have proof of this, or is your only proof the tax returns we saw that of course have to prove he's cheating now because they showed no cheating then? And if that's your rationale, then I submit to you that nothing at all will convince you, and you are just a new form of birther.

The Russians are your version of Muslims and tax returns are your birth certificate.
edit on 15-3-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

WTH?

lol.

Did you watch the debates at all? During one of them Clinton noted that he "doesn't pay taxes" and his response was
"that makes me smart".

Does that ring any bells?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

It's a shame that you use semantics to excuse, to deflect and to defend a known con man, scammer.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

WTH?

lol.

Did you watch the debates at all? During one of them Clinton noted that he "doesn't pay taxes" and his response was
"that makes me smart".

Does that ring any bells?

It means he does what we all do -- avoids as much tax burden as we can.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

that's your rationale, then I submit to you that nothing at all will convince you, and you are just a new form of birther.

The Russians are your version of Muslims and tax returns are your birth certificate

Try though I might to make sense of this rambling and insult, I can't. Have you been drinking this morning, or are you just 'twiggered"?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Which Trump did, 25% to be exact. Did you pay that much?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

True, I'm always asking about what deductions I have, but I always wind up paying something. You don't find it curious that a man who alleges to be as rich as Trump pays nothing, or so he says?

You think that's smart? It sounds rather criminal to me. It also sounds like he gets a free ride on our highways, and all the other services our taxes fund.

No wonder the rich get richer. Personally, I want to pay my share.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Nope.

I'm drawing parallels.

For the last 8 years, the going theory was that Obama was a Muslim in disguise and sympathetic to the terrorists. Surely this could not have escaped your attention?

It seems a perfect parallel for the new Trump is a Russian agent meme we seem to be getting now.

For the last 8 years, we had ceaseless demands for the president to release his birth certificate because people were convinced he wasn't a US citizen. Even when a birth certificate was released it wasn't accepted. And people continued to demand a real one.

Now we have ceaseless demands for Trump's tax returns in much the same manner, and when a set of them has now been produced and shown nothing wrong and that he did in fact pay a higher percentage in taxes than most politicians on BOTH sides of the aisle, we are spiraling into the disbelief and accusation that there are still things being hidden and lies being told.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Which Trump did, 25% to be exact. Did you pay that much?

And that is your business, how?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

True, I'm always asking about what deductions I have, but I always wind up paying something. You don't find it curious that a man who alleges to be as rich as Trump pays nothing, or so he says?

You think that's smart? It sounds rather criminal to me. It also sounds like he gets a free ride on our highways, and all the other services our taxes fund.

No wonder the rich get richer. Personally, I want to pay my share.

So virtuous, so I'm curious what would you call your "fair share" in real percentage please.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join