It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Reporter, David Cay Johnston: I’m Getting Threats

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

only grunts can make that decision.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Madonna threatening to blow up the White House? You mean when she said this:

"Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House. But I know that this won't change anything. We cannot fall into despair."

It's was a dumb statement but was it really a threat? How much did "the left" cheer it on by your estimate? And would you really consider it to be on par with threatening the family of a private citizen?

It seems to me that this is a no-brainer. If people are threatening the family (or the person) of a journalist with violence for his reporting, then those people are horribly wrong. It's one of those things I'd have figured we could all agree are indefensible.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: allsee4eye

Trump lost his Trump University case, and was forced to pay his victims a settlement.

Yes, Trump University Was a Massive Scam

Trump Foundation scam is more proof the GOP nominee enriches himself at everyone else's expense

Donald Trump’s ‘Charity’ Is a Money-Making Scam

702 results for donald trump complaints, reviews, scams

Technically, he settled the case voluntarily and admitted no wrongdoing.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

And that makes him an honest business man?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yeah, and if he found proof that Obama wasn't an American citizen he'd be getting death threats from that camp, and if he said he voted for Trump he might get kidnapped and beaten. If you're a public figure, just about any landmark statement is going to bring out the crazies... and we all have them among us.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Just correcting your false statements.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

But we should likely jail all Trump supporters just in case, amirite?

Huh?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It makes him a smart business man, as it probably would have cost more or similar to continue the case through trial, even if he won. But if he lost, that would be absolutely terrible press.

He played it intelligently, and in doing so, only leaves the legal proof of wrongdoing up to those who tend to always speculate without all of the facts.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Trump paid a settlement. He lost.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Just correcting your false statements.

I really wish that folks would hold the President to the same standard they do forum posters. Here's a false statement regarding the Trump U suit:

But they’re spending now $100 million on negative phony ads on Trump University which, by the way, has at 98 percent approval rating by the students that took the course — 98 percent. That’s why I won’t settle case. It would be easy for me to settle the case, it’s a simple civil case. I could settle that case so easy Joe, but I don’t want to settle it. And probably I should but I don’t want to, because I give them a great soundbite, that’s probably why I should. I win that case so easily. But — and I don’t settle cases. You know what happens? When you start settling lawsuits, everybody sues you. I don’t get sued too often, because I don’t settle cases, I win cases in court.

And speaking of false statements and on the subject of Trump's taxes, how many times did he and his staffers lie when they said he would release those returns?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
It makes him a smart business man, as it probably would have cost more or similar to continue the case through trial, even if he won. But if he lost, that would be absolutely terrible press.

He played it intelligently, and in doing so, only leaves the legal proof of wrongdoing up to those who tend to always speculate without all of the facts.

Like he plays it smart by not paying taxes?
Maybe the 2005 returns show that he did, but he has since admitted he doesn't, and that "makes him smart".
I guess that makes the rest of us stupid?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ah, so because I didn't mention how Trump said he would win the case and not settle it's indicative of some double standard I have?

You're reaching so hard.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Trump paid a settlement. He lost.

He settled. A settlement resolves a dispute. View it as losing if you want, but you claimed he was "forced" to settle after "losing" the case.

I was just correcting your mischaracterization.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
No, it makes the tax code "stupid" because it allows for all of these ridiculous deductions and write-offs.

But, the reality is that, if he fills out his tax forms within the legal guidelines of the tax code, and he ends up paying nothing (or very little...I don't think that his usage of "nothing" means the same as my usage), then advocate for tax reform, don't demonize that man who wants to keep his earnings.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I'd say what's a double standard is the Right dragging out Paula Jones during the election and using the fact that Clinton settled with her as proof of wrongdoing. But now all of a sudden Trump's settlement is just him being a good businessman and proof of nothing.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

OK, well how about Snopp Dogg's video?

Snoop told Billboard he made the song because "Nobody's dealing with the real issue with this f****** clown as a president."

Lest anyone have any doubts as to just who is being assassinated in the video.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I'd say what's a double standard is the Right dragging out Paula Jones during the election and using the fact that Clinton settled with her as proof of wrongdoing. But now all of a sudden Trump's settlement is just him being a good businessman and proof of nothing.

I could not care less what Democrats and Republicans do. I'm neither.

And I said nothing...ever...about Trump being a good businessman. Ever. Like, in my entire life.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

A settlement resolves a dispute.

A dispute? Yeah okay, accusations of "FRAUD" are just a little dispute.

Trump is NOT an honest businessman. That much is clear.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

He could probably actually pay his taxes with the all the money he spends on loopholes and tax attorneys trying to find ways to NOT pay them.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

A settlement resolves a dispute.

A dispute? Yeah okay, accusations of "FRAUD" are just a little dispute.

Trump is NOT an honest businessman. That much is clear.

i said nothing about the dispute being 'little.' You seem to have a chronic problem of mischaracterizing things.

Yes, civil fraud claims are a "dispute" when the accused denies it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join