It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Reporter, David Cay Johnston: I’m Getting Threats

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
After last night's tax discloser, Mr. Johnson, a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, said his wife and child began receiving threats from Trump supporters..

David Cay Johnston, who on Tuesday night reported on the first two pages of one of President Trump’s undisclosed income-tax returns, says he was the victim of harassment and threats overnight. “Trump fans call & harass my wife & one of my children after I break story White House confirmed. Sad! Let’s have open debate, not threats,” the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist tweeted. “To be clear, folks, I don’t intimidate. But calls to family are out of bounds, a disturbing sign of how Trump damages civil debate.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

Trump has responded on Twitter

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

Does anybody really believe that a reporter, who nobody ever heard of, "went to his mailbox" and found my tax returns? @NBCNews FAKE NEWS!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

civil debate has been damaged way before Trump

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Are you implying that trump responded to threats of violence against anyone with this tweet you quoted?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Trump was not responding to the reporter with that tweet.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but if Johnson doesn't want to be threatened because he broke the law, then dare I quote Jim Carrey from "Liar Liar:" "STOP BREAKING THE LAW, A**HOLE!"

But, to be fair, anyone threatening his family (assuming the claim is true and not some ploy to garner emotional support after being a massive let down with this tax report) is in the wrong. Hell, communicating threats is breaking the law, too, but damn...

I'm willing to be that he gets threats from the Left, too, because they were salivating at the mouth for something of actual substance.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
After last night's tax discloser, Mr. Johnson, a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, said his wife and child began receiving threats from Trump supporters..

David Cay Johnston, who on Tuesday night reported on the first two pages of one of President Trump’s undisclosed income-tax returns, says he was the victim of harassment and threats overnight. “Trump fans call & harass my wife & one of my children after I break story White House confirmed. Sad! Let’s have open debate, not threats,” the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist tweeted. “To be clear, folks, I don’t intimidate. But calls to family are out of bounds, a disturbing sign of how Trump damages civil debate.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

Trump has responded on Twitter

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

Does anybody really believe that a reporter, who nobody ever heard of, "went to his mailbox" and found my tax returns? @NBCNews FAKE NEWS!

LOL...gotta love when someone uses freedoms provided by the US to say someone else doesn't have the same freedoms. Leave it to the libtards for the "do as I say not as I do" whining!

I think it's funny that people like this don't think of any consequences when they go for the 15 seconds of fame...its all knee jerk and feelz with people like this.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Are you implying that trump responded to threats of violence against anyone with this tweet you quoted?

Nope. Actually I thought it was funny that he said "That nobody's ever heard of". Of course Trump has never heard of him, he's never been interviewed by Alex Jones on Inforwars!

lol.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The people making threats to his family are sure to be some of the same people who scream bloody murder when Barron or Melania get insulted.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I don't condone anyone threatening this poor sap but him and Maddow should have maybe....I don't know....actually READ the tax return before they launched their ratings grab last night.
If this guy is such a investigative journalist, he should have known what he had was no bombshell against Trump.
I don't see how Maddow can show her face on TV again after that Leftist flim flam debacle.
Cut it out Maddow!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

oh yea I imagine so, double standards are on both sides of the aisle, so I cant argue with you on that

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The people making threats to his family are sure to be some of the same people who scream bloody murder when Barron or Melania get insulted.

Nice opinion...my opinion is it was done by leftists to throw negative attention on the right to deflect from the liberal medias epic fail last night on MSNBC. Thanks to Rachel we now know Trump paid a higher percentage in taxes than Bernie, Obama, and MSNBC.
edit on 15-3-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

a disturbing sign of how Trump damages civil debate.

My as$... A disturbing sign how journalists damages civil debates.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Charming, how the Left always retreats into 'victimhood' when they get called out for falsely victimizing others.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I don't condone anyone threatening this poor sap but him and Maddow should have maybe....I don't know....actually READ the tax return before they launched their ratings grab last night.
If this guy is such a investigative journalist, he should have known what he had was no bombshell against Trump.
I don't see how Maddow can show her face on TV again after that Leftist flim flam debacle.
Cut it out Maddow!!!!

Which is why I think Johnson has a good case indicating that Trump himself had it released. It actually helps him, and (was) a great deflection from his other woes, which are many. Although the frenzy will be short-lived. Like you say, it was a ratings grab, but still newsworthy.

More interesting is how it was released, why, and why now. I think the release was pro-Trump, and certainly Maddow and Johnson were aware of that.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Wait just a minute!

When leftists destroy property and harm people, the leftists here called it free speech.

But when people disagree with a journalist, it becomes "threats"?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
David Johnson did Donald Trump a favor, and made Rachel Madcow a repeat azz. Two birds with one stone. He should get a bouquet of flowers, like we sent to Putin, for saving America.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'm a big fan of old school justice. If the guy didn't want to get involved he didn't have to.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Wait just a minute!

When leftists destroy property and harm people, the leftists here called it free speech.

But when people disagree with a journalist, it becomes "threats"?

Well, we really don't know what was said. Disagreeing or threatening? I'll try to find out what was actually said. I guess until we know they can be categorized as "alleged threats".

Is that better?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
*Of COURSE* he's getting threats.

He sucked MSNBC into this and they cornered themselves into a failure.

The "leaked" tax papers showed Trump is an honest businessman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join