It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho school turmoil over sex survey

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Your children will directly impact my country, which I want the best for. Of course I have an interest in how they're raised.

But no, I'm just offering an uninformed opinion, just as you are, because neither of us are experts in the field. The school however has numerous people on staff who are experts in teaching and child psychology. Furthermore, they have people with expertise in sex education. I'm pretty sure their opinion is more informed than yours.

As far as joy goes, perhaps your right. I would rather see a group succeed than get overly invested in just one individual though. There's a greater impact that way. Concepts like family mean nothing to me. Plus, I decided long ago that if I do ever decide to have kids, I'll adopt, someone has to since the anti abortion crowd won't.

I'm an expert enough to know that you're still a child in your mind.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
They're doing it to make themselves wet. They're pedophiles, dummy.

I call BS on that.

Pedophiles abuse kids. Teaching people isn't abuse. That's also quite an assertion to make, that they're getting off on it. Maybe you're the pedophile and you're upset that they're taking the chance for this discussion away from you?

You don't have kids neither personal responsibility neither experience enough to know that's what they're doing. When someone you love unconditionally is being trained to believe that you don't love them enough to teach them what's right, then get back to me.

Until then, I think you should stop masturbating and find someone to actually love.

Yeah, I said that. Because I've been there, nit.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Your children will directly impact my country, which I want the best for. Of course I have an interest in how they're raised.

But no, I'm just offering an uninformed opinion, just as you are, because neither of us are experts in the field. The school however has numerous people on staff who are experts in teaching and child psychology. Furthermore, they have people with expertise in sex education. I'm pretty sure their opinion is more informed than yours.

As far as joy goes, perhaps your right. I would rather see a group succeed than get overly invested in just one individual though. There's a greater impact that way. Concepts like family mean nothing to me. Plus, I decided long ago that if I do ever decide to have kids, I'll adopt, someone has to since the anti abortion crowd won't.

I didn't want this response to be considered on the same level as my other to this post.

My two oldest kids are actual geniuses. The youngest, I can only hope, and I think he is the smartest, but he can't take a test yet.

My 7 year old can beat you in chess... Easily.

My 5 year old can tell a story as good as R.A. Salvatore.

My preemie can speak basic Korean which he picked up from me teaching my kids Taekwondo.

I pride myself always in my intelligence and the intelligence of my children.

You're arguing with the wrong father.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

They're doing it to make themselves wet. They're pedophiles, dummy.

I call BS on that.

Pedophiles abuse kids. Teaching people isn't abuse. That's also quite an assertion to make, that they're getting off on it. Maybe you're the pedophile and you're upset that they're taking the chance for this discussion away from you?

Another response to this one:

You clearly haven't been exposed to the dark world. If you had been, you would know better than to say anything you said here.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Naw, it's ok if you want to be known as the kind of person that's unencumbered by the thought process

We have life's reality, and we can redeem the day by interjecting our voices

reply to: Aazadan

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yeah...I dunno what's going on any more.

Apparently now you're even a bigot if you're concerned about things like this even though you don't have kids.

Because people should only care about the direction humanity is taking if they've personally invested offspring in the future of humanity.

I've been pelted with pretty much every derogatory label you can imagine.

On one hand I was told I don't care about people, that I'm a bigot. On the other I've been told I shouldn't care about the future because I don't have any kids.

Truth is I don't ever want to have any kids because I'd be terrified what nonsense they're being fed behind my back - there's 100% an agenda being pushed on kids in schools, a sinister agenda at that.

Anyone who fails to see it has either gone full ar-tard or is happy with the situation...I'd prefer it for it to be the former as opposed to the latter but sadly I don't think this is the case for many.

Somewhere along the lines...last 100 years or so, humans have successfully normalised and made being a sexual deviant/pervert acceptable.
edit on 8-3-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm an expert enough to know that you're still a child in your mind.

I am not.

You don't have kids neither personal responsibility neither experience enough to know that's what they're doing. When someone you love unconditionally is being trained to believe that you don't love them enough to teach them what's right, then get back to me.

Until then, I think you should stop masturbating and find someone to actually love.

Yeah, I said that. Because I've been there, nit.

When you love unconditionally, you're too emotionally involved to step back and be rational. There's nothing wrong with loving your children, but it also means you're not the one best suited to think about their well being, because you're always going to be biased towards your own good intentions rather than what's actually going on. It takes people outside the situation to make decisions. That applies to anything, not just children.

As far as finding someone to love goes. Not that you asked, but there's no one around that I'm interested in. I don't sleep around, I don't go on dates. Honestly, I'm probably asexual. I have no interest in a partner or a child, many people have asked me out, and despite my writers voice I'm actually quite personable. That's just not the type of life I'm interested in, and it wouldn't be fair to someone either. I'm a workaholic, it doesn't leave much room in my life for romantic relationships.

My two oldest kids are actual geniuses. The youngest, I can only hope, and I think he is the smartest, but he can't take a test yet.

My 7 year old can beat you in chess... Easily.

My 5 year old can tell a story as good as R.A. Salvatore.

My preemie can speak basic Korean which he picked up from me teaching my kids Taekwondo.

I pride myself always in my intelligence and the intelligence of my children.

Tests can't measure genius. Intelligence, and genius are essentially undefined words. What intelligence tests for children measure is certain types of knowledge/learning ability compared to their peers.

You can believe my story on this or not (I've brought it up here in the past though, so if you really think I'm making it up, atleast you can say I'm not making it up for just this conversation). All through my childhood I had top test scores, we're talking 99th percentile, from when I started taking standardized tests through my senior year of high school. In grade school I was moved to the gifted and talented program.

In high school my test taking ability got me into an elite private school. I scored a 34 on my ACT. Many of my teachers in grade school called me a genius. I have nearly 500 college semester credits right now, and the vast majority of my professors have told me that I'm not just a genius, but the type of person that made them go into the profession in the first place. Quite a few people on ATS have PM'ed me and told me I'm pretty damn smart as well. Despite that, my grades have never been all that good and I don't believe myself to be a genius, I'm just an ordinary person... I actually think of myself as a bit of a dunce. Like anyone else, I have some talents as well a whole bunch of things I'm not so good at.

Geniuses are people like Plato, Godel, Einstein, Leibniz, Newton, and Descartes. I am not one of them. I mean no disrespect when I say this, but your children probably aren't either, even if there's some things they're good at.

You clearly haven't been exposed to the dark world. If you had been, you would know better than to say anything you said here.

I've never been abused. That said, one thing I used to love doing was reading about this stuff on Tor with darkweb sites. I've had quite a few conversations with actual pedophiles. I know how they operate and what gets them off. Educators aren't pedophiles anymore than people who talk about sex are guaranteed to be sex offenders. Most pedophiles don't work with children, because controlling themselves can be hard and they don't want to get caught.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So people are no longer capable of doing what's right for their kids because they're too emootionally invested?

Quite possibly one of the most backwards and absurd things I've ever heard in my entire life.

I honestly pity people like you...submission, absolute, unconditional submission.

Let someone else make decisions for you, your judgement is clouded.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

HeathenJessie already railed into you, so I'll be soft.

I am more intelligent than every name you listed and my children are even brighter than I was at their times.

You don't seem to understand that every name you listed has had their philosophy proven wrong.

Don't stand on the shoulders of gargoyles. Develop your own mind. Then you'll be on the way to intelligence.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well, I'm not going to play the "my genius is greater than thou" game. I am only going to say that this household is stocked with people who measured high on the IQ scales.

And woe be to the person who tells me that an essential part of my 6-year-old's education is a discussion of anal sex. Not at this age. He's busy with other concerns, like learning how to read, discovering the basics of multiplication and fractions, robotics, and ancient Egypt.

I am sending him to science camp this summer NOT sex camp.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Well, I'm not going to play the "my genius is greater than thou" game. I am only going to say that this household is stocked with people who measured high on the IQ scales.

And woe be to the person who tells me that an essential part of my 6-year-old's education is a discussion of anal sex. Not at this age. He's busy with other concerns, like learning how to read, discovering the basics of multiplication and fractions, robotics, and ancient Egypt.

I am sending him to science camp this summer NOT sex camp.

Hah! You just said you won't, but you did. By the way, anyone who ever reads what you have to say knows that you're brilliant. I've always known it.

People don't seem to understand that it is loving and intelligent types who are right. The only difference between you and me right now is your false humility.

Hmm.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I meant in the arena of bragging about all the various test scores and academic credentials and accolades that have piled up. Those don't mean much in the end. It's what you end up doing with it that matters.

By all accounts, I could be considered a failure on that score since I am quite content being a proofreader and an editor, but that leaves me plenty of time for the other things that do interest me. So it makes me happy and that's what counts to me more than all the high powered jobs and other things.

Besides, getting to play mom is quite a bit of fun too. You never realize how much you don't know about something until your 4-year-old exposes your ignorance about inner workings of blimps because it's not enough for you to give him a rough idea of how a blimp flies and goes up and down. He wants the exact details of how and why all that happens in mechanical terms.

We got to look all that up when we got home to satisfy that need to know.
edit on 8-3-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sounds good to me.

Your surface humility IQ is not as strong as your actual humble IQ, ketsuko.

Face it - a truly intelligent person cannot be denied.

Thanks for being a good mom, by the way. I didn't get to have one of those. I just get to watch my wife be one.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie

So people are no longer capable of doing what's right for their kids because they're too emootionally invested?

Quite possibly one of the most backwards and absurd things I've ever heard in my entire life.

I honestly pity people like you...submission, absolute, unconditional submission.

Let someone else make decisions for you, your judgement is clouded.

Yes and no. What people think and what they do are two completely seperate things. You can do something correct, for all the wrong reasons and it turns out ok. The vast majority of people want to do right for their kids, but they also can't seperate themselves from their emotional attachments and think logically. Sex ed often falls into this category. Some people just want to protect their kids from all the evil information. Some think telling kids about sex will encourage them to have sex. Some just reminisce to their youth and think it's a magical time where you should find out about it from rumor, innuendo, and magazines.

None of those people want bad outcomes for their children, but studies show exposing kids to sex ed, even at a young age enables them to make better choices for their lives in the future. Real world examples show this as well, from states in the US where sex ed is better and encompasses more age groups, to European countries where they're more open about it. Out of developed nations, the US is one of the worst when it comes to kids making healthy choices about sex. That's purely a function of poor education, and a ridiculous level of puritianism.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

You don't seem to understand that every name you listed has had their philosophy proven wrong.

Don't stand on the shoulders of gargoyles. Develop your own mind. Then you'll be on the way to intelligence.

That's pretty egotistical of you.

But yes, the collective body of human intelligence has been proven wrong. Every single breakthrough we have ever had in religion, philosophy, mathematics, and science has eventually been proven wrong. Either through being outright false or incomplete.

What makes you think you got it right? And simply having been taught a better answer than someone in the past had doesn't make you more intelligent than them. The brighest people in human history have had one good idea in their entire lives, most don't even manage that. I somehow doubt you've passed them all.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

That's pretty egotistical of you.

But yes, the collective body of human intelligence has been proven wrong. Every single breakthrough we have ever had in religion, philosophy, mathematics, and science has eventually been proven wrong. Either through being outright false or incomplete.

What makes you think you got it right? And simply having been taught a better answer than someone in the past had doesn't make you more intelligent than them. The brighest people in human history have had one good idea in their entire lives, most don't even manage that. I somehow doubt you've passed them all.

I have save one.

ETA ketsuko actually knows who that one is.
edit on 3/8/2017 by TarzanBeta because: Bold. It's one of my many middle names.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

If you're so smart, what major problem to humanity did you solve?

And I'm going to assume you're about to say Jesus for the one you didn't pass.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

If you need the hand of the government, or any other organisation for that matter, to assist you in raising your kids properly - then you had no business having kids in the first place.

Just because you're an inadequate parent doesn't mean that all parents are inadequate.

I remember years ago how people were against the government interfering in how they raise their kids, now clown like you not only require it but advocate it and expect everyone else should agree.

You're pathetic.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It's absurd, anyway - to believe that a stranger who has no real interest in your kids, have invested nothing in them, will want what's best for them more than their actual parents.

Sure, some parents are abysmal and shouldn't have kids but most want their kids to be happy and do well. If you actually believe a stranger will want what's best for your children you ought to have your kids taken from you since it's basically an admission that you don't have their very best interests at heart.

The notion that external forces or agencies will do better by YOUR kids says more about you as an individual and parent than the person you're making those idiotic remarks to.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. A private charter school does a small survey to screen out sexually abused kids at home by parents or guardians and people here are going bat# crazy/up in arms because it pries into the kids and their parents personal space and are instead accusing the persons asking the questions being the sexual predators?

I haven't checked the stats but on surface at least seems like an effective way to catch child abusers. Wtf are we in 4chan. Are you guys still in middle school? Where are the adults?

The teacher predators will use intel on that kid to abuse the kid themselves? Is that it or I'm totally missing something and way off track.
edit on 9-3-2017 by Area201 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join