It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho school turmoil over sex survey

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Ahh the adult world of sex, what better to ask elementary school children about that anal sex. Right?

A local Idaho charter school took it upon them selves to give a questionnaire to their students, with out parental permission of course.

When Brandy Sobotka-Ramos enrolled her 11-year-old son and nine-year-old daughter in their local charter school, she did not expect it would oblige her to talk to her children about anal sex.

But that’s what she and a number of other parents in the small community of Jerome, Idaho have been facing since last month.

The survey that was designed for adults was given to the students with questions about molestation, drunk parents, and parents attempting suicide. Nice.

Elementary school-age children enrolled at Heritage Academy were given a survey -- designed for adults – called the Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE) survey.

It was created by a physician in 1985 as a means of determining childhood trauma in adults and consists of 10 questions such as, “Did an adult or person at least 5 years older than you ever touch or fondle you or have you touch their body in a sexual way or try to actually have oral, anal, or vaginal sex with you?” Another question is, “Did you often feel that your parents were too drunk or high to take care of you or take you to the doctor if you needed it?” And then this one: “Was a household member depressed or mentally ill or did a household member attempt suicide?”

No parental consent was looked for before the adult survey was given. One parent is left to explain oral sex to their "babies".

Heritage did not seek parental consent before distributing the survey.
brandy Expand / Contract

“My children were required to complete this in class and were told it was not optional, but anonymous unless they chose to include their names,” Sobotka-Ramos told Fox News. “I never dreamed I would be explaining anal and oral to my babies.”
www.foxnews.com...

The usual boiler plate bureaucratic crap from a org that is going to have their wings clipped. The public charter school commission told Fox news that they were aware to the matter and urged parents to set up a appointment to discuss it further.

The Idaho Public Charter Schools Commission told Fox News that while they are aware of the matter, it is one more appropriately addressed by the school board. The board, however, did not respond to a request for comment but did issue a statement on its Facebook page thanking parents for their concerns and urging them to reach out to Ivie to schedule an appointment to discuss it further.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This exactly has what to do with reading,writing,and arithmetic?? Well what do we expect from such college educated teachers. Next weeks class.....do you identify as male, female, or other??

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

I guess that maybe the next step.

What fun it must have been to have to tell your young children about the joys very adult sex. But that's what you get for sending them to a charter school. I bet it's that Devos lady's fault.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
So a similar thing happened with my kids when the police asked about smokers in the family. Some poor officer had to knock on all the doors where kids said a family member smoked. Cigarettes!! No one in my home smokes, but I have siblings that smoke.

Can you imagine all the doors slammed on that person's face that day?

This clearly says to me that the school resource officer is training the children to be informants.

As to this specific survey, why isn't subjecting children to adult material a crime? If this survey wasn't designed for kids that makes it inappropriate for them. These same teachers would file complaints if the kids came to school asking what anal sex was.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Dont know about clean the swamp , clean the school might be more appropriate . Lucky for them it was not my kids .

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

It would have had to have been about a decade ago when my kids were still in elementary school. All three of us were playing in the living room when the knock came. So, not only did I ask wtf to the officer they got to here the wtf to my kids... And the very crazy child response.

Why would anyone want to ask kids questions if it wasn't imperative? It's like speaking to a drunk altimers patient sometimes.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Not quite following you , can you translate ( top bit ) well actually the bottom bit as well . Are you saying the teachers ask these questions to catch pedophile parents .

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This shows that your kids are just lent to you by the governments as you are cheap places to feed and clothe them...as long as you bring them up it their way. If you try and bring them up your own way, they get taken away.
I shudder when I read some posts here about asking kids to grass up their parents for smoking or being too drunk.
My parents were the most decent, loving, funny and safe people to bring anyone up, but my mum smoked a lot of cigarettes and there were the odd occasions where they were too drunk and it was funny. That was back in the 70s.
I was a latecomer to the family and felt nothing but security and love, had anyone ripped me out of there when I was young because of my mums smoking or the occasional drinking, I would not have survived mentally intact. I am serious, it would have been the worst thing and I don't know what would have become of me [nothing good, that's for sure as I know my other side].

I am glad my husband and I have no kids by choice and our decision is verified almost every day. I am sooooo glad.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
That Idaho charter school has at least one sick pedophile in their ranks.

I guess the internet wasn't enough.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Charter Schools in Idaho are virtually regulation free. They didn't have to do background checks til a new law recently.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Not quite following you , can you translate ( top bit ) well actually the bottom bit as well . Are you saying the teachers ask these questions to catch pedophile parents .

That looks nothing like what that bish is saying. But nice interrogative lead. Played like a true NYC detective...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
A background check doesn't find the ninja.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

That looks nothing like what that bish is saying. But nice interrogative lead. Played like a true NYC detective...

Now i am really confused . Thanks for that .

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
This shows that your kids are just lent to you by the governments as you are cheap places to feed and clothe them...as long as you bring them up it their way. If you try and bring them up your own way, they get taken away.
I shudder when I read some posts here about asking kids to grass up their parents for smoking or being too drunk.
My parents were the most decent, loving, funny and safe people to bring anyone up, but my mum smoked a lot of cigarettes and there were the odd occasions where they were too drunk and it was funny. That was back in the 70s.
I was a latecomer to the family and felt nothing but security and love, had anyone ripped me out of there when I was young because of my mums smoking or the occasional drinking, I would not have survived mentally intact. I am serious, it would have been the worst thing and I don't know what would have become of me [nothing good, that's for sure as I know my other side].

I am glad my husband and I have no kids by choice and our decision is verified almost every day. I am sooooo glad.

As much as your username might usually deter me, I have much love for you for this post. My kind of spirit - you just don't know it yet.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Now i am really confused . Thanks for that .

Hah. What I said is that you impressed your non-sequitur through someone else's statement. You could have just said what you did with a general reply instead of making someone else say what you were thinking.

But no. Only a pervert would want those questions asked in school. It was not a phishing operation.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Ahh the adult world of sex, what better to ask elementary school children about that anal sex.

I knew about this in 6th grade. This is where lawyers come from.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Hah. What I said is that you impressed your non-sequitur through someone else's statement. You could have just said what you did with a general reply instead of making someone else say what you were thinking.

Perhaps my teachers were right .

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: seasonal
Ahh the adult world of sex, what better to ask elementary school children about that anal sex.

I knew about this in 6th grade. This is where lawyers come from.

And that's why lawyers sit so rigidly - they hang out with eachother.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Perhaps my teachers were right .

Are your teachers from Idaho...?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

No South Australia .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join