It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho school turmoil over sex survey

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

How do you know this?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I suppose you think believing the school system is infested with pedophiles like the other poster does is a more rational explanation?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

You suppose too much.

The fact that anyone would give this to elementary children would make me wonder. You don't see a reason to wonder?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

That the survey was designed for adults rather than children means the school district likely made a mistake. I don't think they did it because they're a bunch of pedophiles or voyeurs though. Nor does it change my opinion that sex education should be given to 11 year olds.

It reads to me like a misguided attempt to find child abuse, but even then it doesn't seem reliable because you can't trust what kids say. Something more age appropriate would have been better probably. But the outrage would be the same, so from that standpoint it doesn't really matter.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
There were kids younger than 11, this included elementary school kids.

The school's staff are not social workers or licensed Dr.s. They need not involve themselves in this. IF they think there is a problem address it.

Why stop at sex? What should we screen then for next? How about tests to see if they are prone to homicidal tendencies? How about a test to see if they are not going to be upstanding tolerant citizens?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
There were kids younger than 11, this included elementary school kids.

The school's staff are not social workers or licensed Dr.s. They need not involve themselves in this. IF they think there is a problem address it.

Why stop at sex? What should we screen then for next? How about tests to see if they are prone to homicidal tendencies? How about a test to see if they are not going to be upstanding tolerant citizens?

You're right, the person giving the test isn't. How about the people who ordered the test though?

And yes, I mostly focused on sex in this thread since that's the issue, but I feel the same about other testing, if the school can prove a legitimate need and certain outcomes from the testing. I think you would get further though by testing the parents rather than the children. Figure out which parents need extra help, and try to help them. I heard about a system the other day using text messages for daily updates on their kids grades/attendence for borderline kids. That program has been having great results.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

This approach to give everyone a test is wrong.

You're right, the person giving the test isn't. How about the people who ordered the test though?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: WUNK22
This exactly has what to do with reading,writing,and arithmetic?? Well what do we expect from such college educated teachers. Next weeks class.....do you identify as male, female, or other??

Actually, everything has shown that exposing children to sex leads to them having less sex as teenagers, and having a lower chance of having children before they're ready. Seeing as how grade school is about teaching kids how to be adults, be responsible, and function in society I would say that's something they should be learning.

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: WUNK22
This exactly has what to do with reading,writing,and arithmetic?? Well what do we expect from such college educated teachers. Next weeks class.....do you identify as male, female, or other??

Actually, everything has shown that exposing children to sex leads to them having less sex as teenagers, and having a lower chance of having children before they're ready. Seeing as how grade school is about teaching kids how to be adults, be responsible, and function in society I would say that's something they should be learning.

Eh...when the nurse who knew every kid at our school by name and medical history and was still nurse by golly when I returned as a PhD student in my mid 20s and she said, "Well hello name lastname! I haven't seen those pretty green eyes in nearly twenty years!"...when THAT lady sits you down in a temporary small group for two weeks of health class for fifth and sixth grade and explains reproduction, the psychology of love and sex, casual sex, stds, deciding if youre truly ready and safety then takes many many questions kids have once they get all the details well that's very different than some cop swinging by in authoritative uniform and a year before I had health class shoves a paper in my face to do that says things like anal sex and oral sex, well being pure-internet gen x, id have been too confused suddenly to function. Id go home thinking anal sex was when people take their clothes off, get incontinent, then roll around in bed "mud wrestling" in it and that I had oral sex that one time I kissed Lauren under the monkey bars. For the next year id have many disturbing thoughts which would have otherwise been avoided if given a chance to ask all those absolute basic questions kids first wanna know. I remember how crazy and innocent my groups questions were.... "why do I walk around half the day with a folder in front of my zipper area? Why does my brother smell so bad? What is a period? OMG you mean they dont just roll around with their shirts off stuff actually goes in stuff? Why does it always point at things now?" if someone I trust didn't get that far necessarily with my kids yet I would be livid if a cop strolled through just WHAM throwing much more explicit terms at em. And i believe you should be able to raise your child as your own and its not my place to judge. If u want them hearing only from you til they are 14, 15, so be it. An anonymous survey (therefore not able to ensure kids are safe at home) at 11 is likely not what many parents wanted.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Question 4: If I was getting a reverse cowgirl, where would I be sitting?

C'mon. Let kids be kids-Growing up is hard enough
if Kids want to know about sex they should ask about it when they are ready to know. My explanation for where babies come from would be 'ten million princes want to marry the princess but she can only choose the strongest, and when the strongest hugs her then they become the same person and that person turns into a baby.'

Thank god i'm single because i'd be a horrible father.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's perfectly rational to assume that this is all a big misunderstanding...

Hey, boys and girls...have you ever been penetrated, anally?

What...you're nine years old? I do apologise, I mistook you for an adult schoolchild...isn't this an adult school?

I mean it's easy done...nothing sinister at all, just a mistake. They mistook these kids for adult schoolchildren, stop whining!

Perfectly normal.

We should trust the authorities, they know better...they always have. All those historic incidents where kids have been systematically abused by various authority figures were simple mistakes just like the incident we're discussing now...we should trust them more.

That stuff they've done in the past is in the past...get with the times, gramps! Stop living in the past!

This thread shouldn't exist.
edit on 10-3-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
a reply to: ketsuko

Sounds good to me.

Your surface humility IQ is not as strong as your actual humble IQ, ketsuko.

Face it - a truly intelligent person cannot be denied.

Thanks for being a good mom, by the way. I didn't get to have one of those. I just get to watch my wife be one.

They are denied constantly, and with very good results too,

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join