It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucker Carlson Absolutely Destroys DNC Advisor On TRANS Science

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
We all have ideas and opinions on topics. Regardless of what entertainer Carlson portrayed on his show, or what anyone here thinks, here are a few professional medical and psychological associations that, among others, fully accept and support the concept of differing gender identities:

American Medical Association
American Psychiatric Association
American Psychological Association
American Academy of Family Physicians

Now, of course, some of you will dismiss the fact that thousands of doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists and other health professionals fully acknowledge that humans have variant gender identities ... usually because of some trite rhetorical nonsense about "the Left's" ability to mastermind and control anything that you disagree with ... but the matter of Trans-people and identities truly is accepted science.

You can say anything you like, free speech and all that, and certainly have any opinion on any topic.

However, to continue to pretend that this issue is merely some fringe political irrelevancy is just ignorant.

Lambda Legal - PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION STATEMENTS

(Please note that this link will open a simple PDF list in your browser.)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Are we sending gender bending messages to our sons? Or did you allow your daughter to have narrow views on gender?

Now now... Let's not keep picking on her and her daughter. After all, she does believe that there should be a medical diagnosis for a trans person to receive benefits from an institution.

That's way more than the DNC Advisor wants.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Without knowing either one of you...I will have to defer.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I know a few transgender people. Every single one had parents who initially fought them when they told them of their gender identity. Every single one had to fight their parents every step of the way because their parents didn't want to accept what their kid was telling them. Every single one of them contemplated suicide at some point because their parents had trouble accepting that their kid had gender dysphoria. I've read plenty of stories in the news about trans kids who did commit suicide because their parents wouldn't accept them.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Nobody here in this thread has said that they don't believe being transgendered is a real physical/psychological condition. Only that children are incapable of making this distinction themselves, at least until puberty.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

Without knowing either one of you...I will have to defer.

I was cleaning the station, she was hiding in the bushes.. trust me. It was not an ideal situation.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Are we sending gender bending messages to our sons? Or did you allow your daughter to have narrow views on gender?

Now now... Let's not keep picking on her and her daughter. After all, she does believe that there should be a medical diagnosis for a trans person to receive benefits from an institution.

That's way more than the DNC Advisor wants.

I agree with your assessment of the DNC advisor and the poster you reference.
I do not agree I was picking on her. But if others see it as such I will withdraw my questions.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Uh, okay - not really sure what you're going on about. I'm fine with a school requiring some kind of official diagnosis of gender dysphoria from a healthcare professional. But once that documentation is provided, I believe a trans kid should be able to use the facilities where they feel the safest.

And there's my mic drop.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'll have to be honest, and say that what I've seen, and what I know, is the exception to the norm.

The people I've known who were trans, or at least bi, were absolutely healthy in their life. I guess down here in Australia it's a different world. We're not so religious, that a parent would disown their child.

But these were all people who in their late teens, adult life, made that option for themselves.

Far cry from a 2 year old or a 6 year old.. or anything till you even know what physical attraction is. at those ages, you're still looking at a cake the same way I did to toffee apples.

so in that, is where I disagree with this. beyond that I have no say, because everyone capable of choosing has their own decision to make.

kids though? I will voice my, ignorant and unwanted, opinion.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Gryphon66

Nobody here in this thread has said that they don't believe being transgendered is a real physical/psychological condition. Only that children are incapable of making this distinction themselves, at least until puberty.

How subtle. It's not a condition. Variant gender identities are recognized characteristics of human beings.

Until a few decades ago, our variant sexual orientation was considered "a condition" ... i.e. psychopathic. Having sexual relations with our partners was illegal (at least in some areas of the United States) until 2003.

I don't fully understand all the realities of having a variant gender identity myself, I would be the first to admit. I'm a man who is attracted in all meaningful ways to other men. However, just because I don't understand it doesn't mean I shouldn't stand up for equal civil rights for TG folks ... or pretend that they are mentally ill.

edit on 24-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: noted

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

You are missing the point. Children as young as two KNOW that there are such things in life as boys and girls. When they are 6 months old, they don't know, but by the time they are 2 or 3, they do know. They also start to have a sense of whether they are a boy or a girl at the age of 2 or 3.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I remember once hearing someone on the radio say;

"I knew my son had grown up, it was his 12'th birth party, and he looked at a girl the same way as he looked at the cake.."

maybe he was just hungry, idk.. but 2 years old is not time to instil this. Never.

edit on 24-2-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Just to be clear, gender identity is completely separate from sexual attraction. Gender identity happens very early. Sexual attraction happens later.

When a 2 year old tells you they are a different gender, you can ignore it for a while, but if they persist for years so that by the time they are 6 years old, if they start talking about wanting to end their life because no one will listen to their need to live as a different gender, it would be wise to pay attention.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

So you are admitting that not only is there the obvious physical differences in the sexes but there are also distinct biological differences in brain development, aptitudes and abilities?

edit on 24-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Not in the long run, but for example, girls tend to mature faster than boys - they tend to go through puberty a little earlier. Boys catch up though. By the time of young adulthood, those differences go away.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Just to be clear, gender identity is completely separate from sexual attraction. Gender identity happens very early. Sexual attraction happens later.

When a 2 year old tells you they are a different gender, you can ignore it for a while, but if they persist for years so that by the time they are 6 years old, if they start talking about wanting to end their life because no one will listen to their need to live as a different gender, it would be wise to pay attention.

I get that...

I just think, personally, there is a difference between one and the other. We can't assume, but this is leading to a terminal end. let them work it out, no dismissal or encouragement. that's what I see happening, encouragement.

kids will be kids, no need to make them small adults for anything, before they know. and I see some parents doing this, and I see now some policy mandating it.

what happens to you are a child, affects the rest of your life.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I don't agree. When a parent sees that their child has been suffering for a while with gender identity issue, the best thing is to have the child be examined by mental healthcare professionals. If those professionals diagnose the child with gender dysphoria and advise the parent to alleviate the suffering by allowing the child to dress and look like the gender they identify with, I think a good parent would heed that advice. By continuing to ignore the issue, the child could go into a deep depression and become suicidal. There have been many teens with gender dysphoria who have killed themselves because their parents refused to address the issue. And yeah, suicide affects the rest of your life too.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Also, while I agree that various treatments to change physical development shouldn't be administered at age 2, applying them before puberty starts (or before all secondary and tertiary sexual characteristics develop) makes the possibility of eventual transition FTM or MTF much smoother and effective.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Also, while I agree that various treatments to change physical development shouldn't be administered at age 2, applying them before puberty starts (or before all secondary and tertiary sexual characteristics develop) makes the possibility of eventual transition FTM or MTF much smoother and effective.

Absolutely agree. No 2 year old is going to be given any drugs/hormones or have any surgery. Those treatments are years and years away, and under the guidelines of a team of healthcare professionals who specialize in this area.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Nu-age pseudo science..

Good call for a kid who has two mums and no father figure.

Or for a kid in an abusive family unit.

Or for just billy who wants to be nancy.

You're taking the issue of social problems to chemical mechanics.

I'm sure 100 years ago, transgendered 2 years olds were given an herb and told to go, be merry...

We disagree. You are mistaking homosexuality with "I want to be a girl" stuff...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join