It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucker Carlson Absolutely Destroys DNC Advisor On TRANS Science

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
... no, I don't think it's Kayla who is confused here.

As I pointed out earlier .. variant gender identities and therapeutic treatments for gender dsyphoria are settled medical science.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

That's why it's important to be diagnosed by a professional who has experience in this area. Those with lots of experience and who are up to date on the latest research are able to tell the difference between a kid who is suffering from some kind of unrelated trauma or a kid who is actually homosexual or a kid who has true gender dysphoria.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Well since you "must" have missed my question I'll ask it again. You said your daughter was able to distinguish between genders at age two. I asked:

So what did your daughter(at age two) call a little girl with short hair wearing shorts and a "T" shirt? You would certainly have to agree that many little girls wear shorts and "T" shirts and many have short hair. she is(was) able to know the difference this scenario must have really screwed her up. No?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: ColdWisdom

My daughter spoke in complete sentences when she was 2 years old. She also knew what a woman was at age 2.

Speaking generally, girls tend to be verbal earlier than boys. It makes sense that this trans child has the brain of a girl.

You're just lying. I have a 2 year old girl who's very bright but she's not speaking in complete sentences and she certainly doesn't understand Concepts such as sex and gender. This is insane.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

My daughter spoke in complete sentences when she was 2 years old. She also knew what a woman was at age 2.

Speaking generally, girls tend to be verbal earlier than boys. It makes sense that this trans child has the brain of a girl.

You're just lying. I have a 2 year old girl who's very bright but she's not speaking in complete sentences and she certainly doesn't understand Concepts such as sex and gender. This is insane.

Perhaps, objectively, Kayla's daughter is simply more developed or advanced than your daughter?

/shrug

link   

a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Not in the long run, but for example, girls tend to mature faster than boys - they tend to go through puberty a little earlier. Boys catch up though. By the time of young adulthood, those differences go away.

Think about what you're saying here in a world where you can determine if you're a boy or girl simply by saying it.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Perhaps, objectively, Kayla's daughter is simply more developed or advanced than your daughter?

/shrug

You clearly don't have any kids and don't spend any time around 2 year olds. None of them are that advanced.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

/shrug

You clearly don't have any kids and don't spend any time around 2 year olds. None of them are that advanced.

You're full of assumptions. You don't know anything about what i know or what I've done.

The world is bigger than your personal experience.

Also, there's no reason for your first comment in a discussion to be insulting by calling another member a liar.

ETA: Also, I mean no disrespect to your daughter (or to you) with my observation. I am pointedly not saying there's anything wrong with your daughter. Perhaps you don't care ... but I do. I wanted to make that point clear.

edit on 24-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

Yes, I missed your question.

What I said was, my daughter knew there was such a thing as gender by the age of 2. She knew there were boys and girls. She knew she was a girl. In her experience, girls wore pretty clothes and had longer hair and boys had really short hair and didn't wear pretty clothes. She liked to wear pretty clothes. None of the boys she knew liked to wear pretty clothes.

Yes, if she saw a girl with hair and clothes exactly like a boy's, she might get confused due to her experience. That doesn't mean she had no clue what a girl was and what a boy was. She definitely had a clue.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I really think sometimes in these discussions, that folks simply do not understand the difference between sex, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity ...

... but it's so trite after a while to keep repeating the same basic information, LOL.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Just to be clear, gender identity is completely separate from sexual attraction. Gender identity happens very early. Sexual attraction happens later.

The point is that a two year old is not old enough to contemplate gender identity.

The two are related because at some point you have to differentiate between having a gay child and having a trans child. How do you know? The child certainly isn't going to tell you, not at two anyway. As the child gets older and starts interacting socially, you may notice some atypical behavior and it may force you to question the sexuality/gender identity of the child.

This is a classic case of nature vs nurture.

The more that adults, parents, & teachers continue to talk about transgender rights, the more the idea will saturate in the minds of young... young children.

I'm sorry but, I don't want my imaginary child that I don't have yet to be learning what a transgendered person is in kindergarten just because teaching trans-ettiquete will comfort the triggered liberal establishment.

Kids are very impressionable, they see mommy and daddy get so angry at Mr. President. And when they ask why, their parents do not hesitate to tell them that Mr. President hates transgendered people. So then they ask their parents what transgendered people are, and it becomes pretty clear to the child that being transgendered is a platform for privilege and the ultimate way to please mommy & daddy. Thus, mommy and daddy inadvertently influence their child to become transgendered in order to please mommy and daddy.

It might not be another 10-15 years before that child is at an age and in a situation where they can begin to self reflect on their identity and their sexuality.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Are you a medical, psychiatric or psychological professional, particularly in the area of child/human development?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

/shrug

You're full of assumptions. You don't know anything about what i know or what I've done.

The world is bigger than your personal experience.

Also, there's no reason for your first comment in a discussion to be insulting by calling another member a liar.

ETA: Also, I mean no disrespect to your daughter (or to you) with my observation. I am pointedly not saying there's anything wrong with your daughter. Perhaps you don't care ... but I do. I wanted to make that point clear.

I didn't accuse you of disrespecting my daughter. The fact is, two year olds do not have the capacity to think in these terms. Anyone who claims they do either is lying, or has zero experience with two year olds. I think those of you applying these thoughts to two year olds are guilty of child abuse.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Believe me or not, I don't care. My daughter was extremely verbal at a very young age. She was a little late in walking though. She learned to read at a very young age too. She was reading way before Kindergarten. I was the same way. I skipped Kindergarten (back in the day when it wasn't required) and when I went to first grade, the teacher was afraid I would be behind all the other kids. She tested my reading skills and I could comfortably read at the 5th grade level. All my mom did was read to me every day until I started reading the books myself. She would take me to the library and let me pick out whatever books I wanted to read. I started going to the older kids section and reading those. All before I started school. My daughter was the same.

If it makes you feel any better, I was not so good at math and science. Speaking and reading and Language Arts was always my strength. My daughter is the same.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This new fad of "I think I am, so I am" should be a lot of fun on upcoming college and grad school applications.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I know you didn't. When I read what I said I could see how it could be taken that way however, and in my mind, our families and kids are "off limits" in terms of these debates we have. Just making sure.

You are stating your opinion as fact. Also, you're obsessing on the age of 2. I haven't seen anyone here suggest, even remotely, that we start treating kids as trans at age 2. It seems that you're latching on to the extremity of this age as a rhetorical point.

What age in your experience do kids start to understand gender and have a sense of their own?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
This new fad of "I think I am, so I am" should be a lot of fun on upcoming college and grad school applications.

That too is a mere rhetorical point.

No one is recognized, classified, certified or medically treated as a trans individual merely because they arbitrarily or whimsically "think they are something" on a given day.

That said, I will be the first to admit that there are a lot of folks out there with some wild ideas about who and what they are. However, that fact really doesn't relate to the matter of transgender rights or realities.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

a reply to: brutus61

Yes, I missed your question.

What I said was, my daughter knew there was such a thing as gender by the age of 2. She knew there were boys and girls. She knew she was a girl. In her experience, girls wore pretty clothes and had longer hair and boys had really short hair and didn't wear pretty clothes. She liked to wear pretty clothes. None of the boys she knew liked to wear pretty clothes.

Yes, if she saw a girl with hair and clothes exactly like a boy's, she might get confused due to her experience. That doesn't mean she had no clue what a girl was and what a boy was. She definitely had a clue.

She didn't know the difference between boys and girls but simply that there were some differences in peoples appearances. She might have been able to relate with others that dressed like her but not distinguish the difference.

Maybe I just haven't had the opportunity to meet 2 year olds that were that advanced in their thinking. I would not say they can't exist but I would say they certainly are not the norm. Maybe advanced thinking in very young children is a symptom that leads to gender identity issues as I have not met any children with that issue either.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You are stating your opinion as fact. Also, you're obsessing on the age of 2. I haven't seen anyone here suggest, even remotely, that we start treating kids as trans at age 2. It seems that you're latching on to the extremity of this age as a rhetorical point.

See my second post on page 1.

What age in your experience do kids start to understand gender and have a sense of their own?

I would say that for gender and for sexual orientation, the age would be around puberty for either to be comprehensible to the child.

No one is recognized, classified, certified or medically treated as a trans individual merely because they arbitrarily or whimsically "think they are something" on a given day.

Well, if you watched the video in the OP you would realize that the DNC Advisor was advocating for just that - to be recognized, classified, and certified trans by the state, simply because they arbitrarily think they are something on a given day.

edit on 2/24/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Two year olds don't have the capacity to think in what terms? Boy and girl? Applying what thoughts? That there are boys and there are girls? That's your idea of child abuse?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join