It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucker Carlson Absolutely Destroys DNC Advisor On TRANS Science

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

She didn't know the difference from an anatomical standpoint at that age. She didn't know yet that a boy had different parts down there than a girl. But that's sex, not gender. She understood gender.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Give me a break. You think a kid can't comprehend whether they are a girl or a boy until they are 12-14 years old???

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

None of my comments that you are responding to were directed at you.

Thanks for your thoughts.

edit on 24-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

She didn't know the difference from an anatomical standpoint at that age. She didn't know yet that a boy had different parts down there than a girl. But that's sex, not gender. She understood gender.

But you just agreed that her perception of gender was based on appearance which does not. A little girl wearing shorts with short hair is still a little girl but at 2 your daughter(or most other 2 year olds) would not be able to distinguish the difference.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No, I'm saying that a child cannot comprehend altering their sexual organs in order to compensate for social alienation until they are old enough to have an orgasm.

It's the physical awareness of their genitalia being used for its reproductive purpose that would glean unto them some insight into their sexual identity.

To be clear, I have always been in the frame of mind that an individual is only transgendered if they want to change their genitalia. Wanting to dress like a woman when you're a man is called being transvestite, there is a huge difference.

Therefor, being transgender is inherently connected to sex, one way or another.

For example, when you are filling out a standard medical form at the doctor's office what do you write when you come to the box that says sex?

Do you write heterosexual/homosexual? Or do you write male/female?

edit on 2/24/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

That's because outward appearance is important to gender. There are exceptions of course, but generally, girls like to look like girls and boys like to look like boys. That's why a kid with gender dysphoria wants to look like the traditional gender that they identify with.

Look, at 2 years old, a kid may confuse a tomboy with being a boy, but most of them are aware that there are such things as boys and girls and they are aware that boys and girls are different.

Like Gryphon, I am not saying that a 2-year-old should start the transitioning process, but the experts say to pay attention if your kid is consistent and persistent about their gender identity over a period of years.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Some folks seem to miss another point you're making very clearly.

You are saying that as a parent, you should listen to your child's changing and evolving indentity statements as they mature.

THey are saying that they fear a parent manipulating and possibly coercing a child to adopt a trans indentity.

... and I can't say that there aren't people who do the latter ...

What I can say is that all TG kids and people are not the result of some external effect.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I think you're mixed up here.

Orgasms have nothing to do with gender identity. You have awareness of your genitalia before you start having orgasms. There are plenty of 5 and 6 year old kids with gender dysphoria who are aware of their genitalia and aware that it doesn't match the gender they identify with. Some of those kids say they want that genitalia changed (it doesn't and shouldn't happen then, I'm just saying the desire for change is there). There are kids with gender dysphoria who are absolutely terrified to go through puberty, knowing that they will have permanent features of a gender that they do not identify with. The last thing a trans girl wants is to have a deep voice, large hands and football player shoulders. Many of these kids contemplate suicide because they can't fathom a life looking like the opposite gender that they identify with.

Many adults who transition opt not to have their genitalia changed. There are various reasons, but sometimes they are simply afraid of the surgery. There are possible complications that could include complete lack of feeling in the area - a scary thought to a sexual being. Sometimes the dysphoria is relieved just by having the outward appearance that matches the gender and the risks of surgery aren't worth it to the individual.

A transvestite is someone who identifies as the sex they were born as, but they like to dress up as the opposite gender. A transsexual is the technical term for a transgender person who has had the sexual reassignment surgery because they do not identify with the sex they were born as.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yep. What parents have to pay serious attention to is if their child is experiencing distress because of their gender identity. You don't want to ignore that distress, because it could lead to serious depression, withdrawal, and suicidal thoughts. That's why I always stress to have the child get some help from mental health professionals who have experience with gender identity issues. They will be able to tell if there is some other issue going on, or if there is true gender dysphoria.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

To be fair, some very advanced kids do talk quite a lot at that age, but it's rare. And I would be skeptical of any that told me they wanted to be a man/woman in terms of the seriousness of that statement. My little boy tromped around the house in both my and my husband's shoes too, but how that he's 6, he's pretty adamant about being a boy. Understand, I did nothing about what he was doing at the time one way or the other and neither my husband or myself ever steered his toy choice. He has a little shopping cart, for example.

However, my issue with this Title IX thing is that the law uses the word sex, as in biology, not gender, and the transgender accommodations are conflating sex with gender in order to shoehorn in their preferred policies on all this.

Either there are meaningful biological difference between men and women or there are not, but we better make this determination pretty quickly because this idea that mental gender trumps physical sex is quickly taking us back to a time where the things the women's movement fought to hard for in this country are being made irrelevant.

I think when transgenders start moving into sports we're going to start seeing why Title IX was there. We can already see it to some degree with the transgender MMA fighter who basically beats her opponents to a pulp.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

This is not directly related to our conversation here, but I think you may appreciate the link if you haven't seen it: Transgender boy wins girls wrestling title as Texas struggles with transphobic laws

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Sometimes the dysphoria is relieved just by having the outward appearance that matches the gender and the risks of surgery aren't worth it to the individual.

If the dysphoria is relieved by simply dressing a certain way (without the surgery) then that proves that their gender identity is a social/behavioral mechanism. A real transgendered person wouldn't be relieved of this dysphoria until they've reassigned their genitalia.

By the way, somebody needs to start citing some links to some scientific literature to back up all these claims of gender dysphoria in young children. Again, I don't think anybody here so far is questioning the legitimacy of a transgendered/transsexual identity. What we seem to be disagreeing on is the nature vs nurture component, something that is just ripe for scientific inquiry.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Not only that but we also need to have some mental consistency on the idea of states rights too.

All that's really happened here is that the protections have been rolled back to state level. Here's Mark Dayton griping about that.

The catch is that Mark Dayton is a Democrat. So since he clearly thinks the protections are needed and necessary, he can simply keep them in place, right?

Dayton rejected the idea that shower usage is a “states’ rights issue — it is a human rights issue, and it should be a constitutionally protected right.” Of course, there is no constitutional right to use the bathroom of one’s choice or to shower with high school girls, although liberal justices might someday find such a right hiding somewhere in the Constitution.

But this is what I don’t get: if Governor Dayton really believes that everyone has a right to shower with the gender of his or her choice, why doesn’t he effectuate that belief here in Minnesota? His own Commissioner of Education could perhaps decree co-ed showers, or, in any event, his Democratic colleagues could introduce such legislation. What are they waiting for? With the federal government out of the picture, the power is in their hands.

There are two possibilities:

The first is that the recent election exposed the unpopularity of the broader agenda which would include the social agenda. Democrat governors might be unwilling to make those choices locally, and Minnesota was a narrow Hillary state. Dayton may only really support those protections if they can be imposed by someone else who would accrue the anger of the electorate.

In other words, Democrat governors may not have the political capital locally to push the agenda through.

The second possibility as mentioned by an astute commentor underneath the linked post is that if the US following the trajectory of Rome as it fell from Republic toward dicatorial Empire, we will see a loss of power of the legislative body and a concentration of power in the person of the executive (Romans called him princeps to pretend he wasn't becoming emperor). The Roman senate increasingly delegated off its decision making authority, and we do indeed see that happening with our own legislative branch deferring more and more of its own power to the executive and the bureaucracy controlled by the same.

This further applies to the governors.

But that's a long digression to point out that now the states and localities can implement and find their own solutions again as needed. Need I remind anyone that many here would like marijuana to be handled this way or the absolute hunger to see immigration handled this way? If you want transgender law to be like the two latter, you would need an act of Congress to move.
edit on 24-2-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Since you people love to use your own perverted and deviant thought processes of how transgenders are out to get the kids. I mean it is always you guys who are coming up with these scenarios.

What are the stats for how many times this has happened? How many incidents are on record of them doing this?

Compare all that to the stats on heterosexual perverts doing the same thing and how republicans have joined together to stop these incidents from occurring in bathrooms?

I, mean after all this is only about the safety of the kids, right and not just bigotry towards transgenders?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
To me this involves the rights of Trans Americans under the 5th and 14th Amendments that we have already seen States will try to amend, curtail or abolish; that is why it is a Federal issue.

However, I'm not opposed to the several States being able to implement their own rules and regulations SO LONG AS THEY ARE IN LINE WITH THE US CONSTITUTION.

Mr. Trump while campaigning did say that he thinks this is a States issue, but he also said that we have to protect the rights of everybody, even 1% of the population.

As long as he follows through in support of that promise as well, I'm willing to wait and see what happens.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Yes, this sports thing has to be taken on a case-by-case basis. When a trans girl takes female hormones before the permanent affects of puberty, she will not have the strength of a boy that has gone through puberty. Likewise, when a trans boy takes male hormones before puberty, he will have muscle development more like a boy.

If a trans woman did not take hormones until after puberty, she may still have some male muscle development - it depends on the person.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Yes, this sports thing has to be taken on a case-by-case basis. When a trans girl takes female hormones before the permanent affects of puberty, she will not have the strength of a boy that has gone through puberty. Likewise, when a trans boy takes male hormones before puberty, he will have muscle development more like a boy.

If a trans woman did not take hormones until after puberty, she may still have some male muscle development - it depends on the person.

Also of note, Mack started his treatments at 15 or 16 which I would say is fairly typical, thus invalidating several of the arguments here.

Of note, Mack WANTS to wrestle other boys; Texas law, however, requires that he wrestle girls because his birth certificate says "Female."

It's not fair to the girls and it's not fair to Mack.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Mictain

Considering most of us were pretty well aware that transgenders were peeing in the bathroom before this ...

But those were the ones who were making a real effort to be the gender they identified as. What we are worried about are the ones who are gender fluid and go back and forth and other niche categories. At that point, you could have what looks like a man, dressed more or less as a man, going freely into women's facilities and you cannot question that like you could before because now you don't know. You could be opening up legal trouble for yourself.

And it could be a perfectly sincere person, but that still opens the question of the women caught in that situation in a locker or dressing room. Say one of them happens to be a victim of rape or sexual abuse. Is that fair to her? Where are her concerns now ranked or how are they to be addressed?

Or what about the predator who uses this new legal protection as a cover to do what he does to gain access to young girls? He's not transgender at all, but how do you know until it's too late? You can't question him until someone is a victim whereas before you could and might catch him before something serious happens.

Or what about the transitioning girl that everyone in her high school knew she was a girl and she demands to be allowed access to the proper locker or dressing room? Do you put an anatomically correct female in with a bunch of teenage boys who knew/know what she is/was because she hasn't had any surgery? Things can happen. I know as a parent, I would be angry all the way around, both that my son and that my daughter (to be son) was in that situation.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Mictain

What are the stats for how many times this has happened? How many incidents are on record of them doing this?

Here you go.

I, mean after all this is only about the safety of the kids, right and not just bigotry towards transgenders?

It is actually about the children, as well as the utilization of the scientific method.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Solution: Make all public facilities unisex like most "Family" bathrooms or make them all private.

Solution for showers, lockerooms: provide a mixture of publc and private facilities, and someone can use whatever facility they like.

On the issue of anatomical males in girls' areas or anatomical females in boys' areas ... particularly in high school ... why are these areas unsupervised by adult staff members/teachers/ etc.?

(Of course the answer is, they are supervised thus invalidating most if not all of these "fears.")

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join