It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Keefe drops #CNNLeaks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
To be hones all it took for me to realize how the media controls the peoples perception of reality is the whole Trump is a joke attitude since day one. News outlets around the world are still portraying him like the Antichrist ffs. They were high fiving each other because the american people would surely fall in line like sheep but that backfired spectaculary.

I don't need proof because all you need to do is open your eyes. There is also the interesting tid bit that since the whole world is mostly concentrated on Trump a real dictator came along. His name is Erdogan but hey the media clearly doesn't care about 70.000 prisoners who just happend to be teachers,reporters,university professors and others who didn't posed any real threat to him or his current attempt to become the supreme ruler of Turkey in a few months. There is clearly nothing to see here just move along. Dark times are ahead of us and Trump is not the one i'm worried about.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Let's be honest, they could come out and say "we have an agenda against Trump and we are are brainwashing everyone" and people would still somehow do mental gymnastics around it.

And Veritas could come out and say "we are totally trying to brainwash people to believe CNN is fake News because we have an agenda on behalf of the far right" and...get this... people would still believe them!

If they said that, I'd believe them and leave their site alone.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Marking the thread to follow and see/hear what pops up

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I owe you an apology.
I watched again, the section of the video.

I was wrong...and made an assumption I should not have.
The poll CNN put forward in 2009 was not about Hillary...but about Sotomayer concerning a firefighters issue.

edit on 23-2-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
To be hones all it took for me to realize how the media controls the peoples perception of reality is the whole Trump is a joke attitude since day one. News outlets around the world are still portraying him like the Antichrist ffs. They were high fiving each other because the american people would surely fall in line like sheep but that backfired spectaculary.

I don't need proof because all you need to do is open your eyes.

There's no better proof than MSNBC this week. "News" anchors verifying exactly what you said..

"During a lively discussion centered on fears that President Trump is "trying to undermine the media," MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski let slip the awesome unspoken truth that the media's "job" is to "actually control exactly what people think."

Article, with Video Clip of the exchange: www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Since when do you care about the media controlling what people think? Your only problem with that notion is that it's not administration approved control right now.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't know about people wanting to hear preconceived notion views. News ratings aren't growing, other than Fox. Here's my theory.

When you get stories on Fox, you get viewpoints from both sides. I don't care if that side is from a liberal Fox contributor. You still get the left side.

When you tune into ABC, NBC, or CBS in the morning or evening, you get viewpoints from the left side.

Nielsen's Top 10 Cable Network TV for the week of February 13th:
1. Walking Dead
2. NBA All-Star Game
3. NBA All-Star Saturday Night
4. The O'Reilly Factor
5. The O'Reilly Factor
6. The O'Reilly Factor
7. The O'Reilly Factor
8. The Talking Dead
9. Tucker Carlson Tonight
10. Tucker Carlson Tonight

Two Fox programs dominate 60% of Cable Network's top 10.

For the Evening News ratings for the week of February 13th:
Among total viewers, Nightly News was down -6 percent, World News Tonight was down -4 percent and the CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley was down -3 percent.

For the Morning News ratings for the week of February 13th:

The three network morning shows continue to lose viewers compared to last year.

ABC’s Good Morning America and NBC’s Today show saw a -13 percent drop in younger viewers vs. the same week last year. Today also saw a total viewer drop of -12 percent. Today maintained its lead in younger viewers and GMA continued as the most-watched morning show, but was down -6 percent vs. last year. Nevertheless, GMA was able to achieve its largest total viewer lead over Today in nearly 2 months.

No. 3 CBS This Morning also saw a viewer decline, though smaller than its competitors: down -2 percent in viewers and down -3 percent in the demo.

Expect them to keep declining while Fox continues to climb. Imagine if Fox was a free network.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Here is the video clip

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The audio is not very revealing, but we don't need audio to know CNN is biased. What is very good is that there is a campaign against them to try and get leaks.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

If I may ask, did they admit to fabricating polls?

What's the scoop here?

No. Here's a quick transcription:

O'Kreep narration: With regards to CNN polls — both then and now — maybe Trump was right when he called CNN's poll numbers "fake news"

Miss X: I read a CNN poll that was taken on June 26th and 28th and I know the hearing for the case — the fire fighter's case — was on the 29th, so the poll was done right before it and those are still the poll results that we're reporting. So I asked someone in DC who does the poll results about why we hadn't updated it and said there were a few newer polls from last week, from the week before. There's a CBS news poll and a Rasmussen poll and he said, "we don't use Rasmussen," and I said, "is CNN going to do another poll if we're only using that?" And he said, "we're not going to be doing another poll, those are the results we'll be using."

So I don't see how that's reporting all sides because that poll said hold for release until Friday the 10th.

Arthur Brice: Yeah. Who did you talk with?

Miss X: Paul Steinhauser.

Arthur Brice: Yeah, he's pretty high up the food chain. I agree. I think it's dishonest to use outdated information if new information shows something that is in variance with what you're reporting. It's just, it's dishonest.

Miss X: This wasn't released until two weeks after. So can we say, "a newly released poll?"

Joe Sterling: No you can't say that. You can't say that at all. This isn't a newly released.

Miss X: But it says release on Friday.

Joe Sterling: How did we write about this? Did we write a wire about it?

Miss X: Yeah, I think the wires and I did some Googling and found that it said her — according to a CNN poll people were saying this recently that her approval ratings are 47 percent.

ansition for some reason>

Miss X: But I thought that if someone saw this, they might think that. And they're thinking, "Oh, they're using an outdated poll that was done before a major event happened that would change how people thought of her."

Joe Sterling: I'd have to see how we wrote about it. I don't think we stand to change how people think of her. Geez, I mean if someone picked this up it's not going to change — it's not going to change anybody's opinion.

A couple posters have assumed that this poll had something to do with Hillary Clinton. It did not. The poll is actually some way about Sotomayor. See here.

Basically Miss X thought that newer polls from Rasmussen (horrible) or CBS should had been cited in a piece rather than CNN's own poll which was based on data from the day before the SCOTUS ruling. Paul Steinhauser didn't seem interested in using a different poll.

From context, it sounds like she could be referring to this from July 10th, CNN/ORC poll:

Forty-seven percent said they would like to see the Senate vote to confirm Sotomayor while 40 percent said they would prefer the Senate vote against her confirmation. Thirteen percent were undecided.

and this Rasmussen poll

A July 1 Rasmussen poll however found that the initial favourable public reaction to Ms Sotomayor appeared to be waning slightly. Thirty-seven per cent of respondents believed she should be confirmed and 39 per cent were against.

The question I would have is what were the differences in the polling numbers before and after from either source? The even newer Gallup poll (one day newer):

And a Gallup poll, conducted after the Rasmussen poll but released the day after Kyl made his remarks, found that 53 percent favored Sotomayor's nomination, with 33 percent opposed and 13 percent having no opinion.

I can't find the CNN/ORC poll directly after the one releasy July 10th or the Rassmussen poll prior to SCOTUS decision so I can't tell what kind of spread we're looking at. If the polls reflected a 10 point drop, that would be important. If the polls showed a 1-2 point drop, not so much (and that's assuming that there's even a difference before/after the fire fighter case ruling).

More to the point, not only do we not have any context, we have no idea what Paul Steinhauser's thinking was. Is the claim that Paul Steinhauser would have otherwise used the Rasmussen poll or maybe a CBS poll but he didn't because *apparently* (haven't found evidence either way) that the fire fighter case ruling caused a significant shift in public sentiment?

Do we have anything from Paul Steinhauser saying anything at all let alone anything that might indicate that? No?

Anyway, this is in my opinion, nothing. If somebody comes up with something better, we'll see but based on first looks, this is looking like a bust.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Thanks AD. Hopefully I can listen to the entire thing tonight, if I have time.

If you come across anything else, let us know.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
So it begins...

The horror. "Aid the afflicted and afflict the comfortable". Nice to see O'Keefe advocating "afflicting the afflicted and aiding the comfortable". Seems about Right of him, see what I did there?

You people deserve the revolution that's about to happen.

edit on 23-2-2017 by HarbingerToCome because: video

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Not that much there, what there is, is mainly an internal debate over a 2009 poll, both parties were not particularly happy, but it does show that there is debate, regardless of the outcome.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
How are y'all not sick of being wrong yet?

Don't know who y'all is.

My name is not y'all and I don't remember saying anything about those cases but whether this here y'all was right or wrong about those things, that has nothing to do with the people reaching their own conclusions regarding this situation.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

There are a few instances of major news network anchors laughing at their guests for saying Trump is a serious candidate. That's extremely unprofessional.

I saved the best for last... Reminds me of all the anti-Trump posters we had to deal with for a solid year and a half.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerToCome

You're damn right we deserve it. Hopefully we can just go our separate ways and let democrats govern themselves while Republicans govern themselves. That's what we deserve. Then people can vote with their feet.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

How are y'all not sick of being wrong yet?

Don't know who y'all is.

My name is not y'all and I don't remember saying anything about those cases but whether this here y'all was right or wrong about those things, that has nothing to do with the people reaching their own conclusions regarding this situation.

Thanks for letting me know your name isn't y'all. Y'all are the people who have been jumping to conclusions for over 8 years. If you're not guilty then you shouldn't be offended. I have no puppies, ice cream cones, cookies, or coloring books to offer to you for consoling.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Perfectenemy

There are a few instances of major news network anchors laughing at their guests for saying Trump is a serious candidate. That's extremely unprofessional.

I saved the best for last... Reminds me of all the anti-Trump posters we had to deal with for a solid year and a half.

Best lunchtime video view in a long time
Thanks!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerToCome

You're damn right we deserve it. .. Then people can vote with their feet.

Watch harder. The streets of the United States are lined with people, all it takes ... is a drop.

www.google.com...

edit on 23-2-2017 by HarbingerToCome because: google

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Enjoyed the Youtubes, this is one of my favs also -

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join