It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all of the bigotry come from? (You are not to blame)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Why is it so hard for white people to admit that some are racist, seriously what gives, theres racist people of every race on earth.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Why is it so hard for white people to admit that some are racist, seriously what gives, theres racist people of every race on earth.

Were people to not talk in broad brush terms, it would likely be easier to have honest communication. But we have our own bias, and we tend to act within them. Even unwittingly. So loaded questions, dog whistles, and broad brushes become like glycerin, slipping out without us even realizing it.

For example, your sentence could be more accurately stated as "Why is it so hard for some white people to admit tat some are racist?" And were it worded as such you'd likely end up having some insightful answers. Instead, it'll just be more arguing.

Glycerin.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: veracity

No it's not going away on it's own, but the problem isn't racists, it's dividers. They are the enemy and they are using people on all sides. By focusing on white people and not in fighting the divide itself you're doing exactly what they want. You're helping the people create these divisions. The only way to fight this is not to join the division but to fight for unity instead. The more united we are as a people the less divisionary tactics work, and the harder it is for bigotry to function. I as a transgender understand how far we have to go, but in my life I've won more over with understanding and togetherness than I ever have with anger or finger pointing.

The cure for division is unity, further division can only ever divide you further.

Dividers are a problem...they are the same people I recognize as racist, bigots.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
So in your OP your are trying to explain why white people are racists and that it isn't our fault.

So if you aren't white, then it is your fault you're a racist? I mean the article only excuses white people, ya know.
Sorry just trying to keep up with all the twist and turns.

It was a play on words...I was trying to just be nice...I never said all whites were racist...that is asinine...sorry if I made it look that way.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I know you, or believe i do, so don't think your intentions are bad.

I don't disagree with some of the points being raised. Prejudice cannot be overcome until the deck gets stacked fairly. No more shuffling minorities off to rot away in inner city ghettos that are nothing but opportunity deserts.

If anyone wants to make life better for black people, it starts by tearing down the welfare state that has simply enslaved them in isolated ghettos. Or addressing laws enacted solely to make life harder for black and hispanic people. It starts with the laws. THe people will follow the lead of the culture the law changes will create.

Not a bad idea but you know me? (Personally)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I love how I'm this evil shadow white devil just ready to unleash my evil racism on you and everyone.

Fear me

Funny way to spin it, lofl

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
more like people have had enough of the pc bull# that only causes more problems than it solves .

Time to end all the affirmative action and pc garbage and start doing things based on merit and ability the way they should be .

Yes, put an end to all that courtesy and balanced help. /sarc

You're joking right? Beating up people who disaggree with you is now acceptable? This whole mess started because logic and common sense went right out of the window for being pc and the fear of offending anyone. Political correctness is becoming a perverted and transformed solution to shut everybody up who disaggree with you. Calling them all the buzzwords to feel good about yourself because you stood up to the evil people. Now they defend people who commit crimes because well it's there religion. Wait what? Social media is becoming a cesspool of people who unite under a cause that has more in common with nazi germany than anything Trump did or has done so far. They don't even realize it. I refuse this new kind of pc.
edit on 23-2-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Were people to not talk in broad brush terms, it would likely be easier to have honest communication. But we have our own bias, and we tend to act within them. Even unwittingly. So loaded questions, dog whistles, and broad brushes become like glycerin, slipping out without us even realizing it.

For example, your sentence could be more accurately stated as "Why is it so hard for some white people to admit
tat some are racist?" And were it worded as such you'd likely end up having some insightful answers. Instead, it'll just be more arguing.

Glycerin.

Ok, I'll say it, why is it so hard to admit that some whites are racist?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

For example, your sentence could be more accurately stated as "Why is it so hard for some white people to admit
tat some are racist?" And were it worded as such you'd likely end up having some insightful answers. Instead, it'll just be more arguing.

Glycerin.

I think the problem is the hypocrisy that only whites are racist and the privileged argument

If I'm privileged I really wanna milk that card, just saying

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Glycerin.

I think the problem is the hypocrisy that only whites are racist and the privileged argument

Ok, another dodge to the question...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Glycerin.

Ok, another dodge to the question...

Yes, whites can be racist do you feel better now?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Lol, yes thank you

edit on 23-2-2017 by veracity because: K

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

But only if white, thus the problem. Also, the problem is your wrong. The people promoting this aren't racist/bigots, they are using racism/bigotry as tools to divide us. It may sound like I'm being nit picky but it makes a difference in how you fight it.

Until you realize the people, black or white promoting hatred and division are both serving the same master and purpose, whether they know it or not, you're simply serving the same master yourself through the same ignorance.

It's the people promoting this divide that are the issue. What we need to combat this is those of us who are not racist bigots to join together and refuse to be divided and stand together against these things. Which cannot happen so long as you only focus on bigotry from white people. It's not white people, it's people of all creeds influenced by dividers. The dividers are bigots but not against race or sex, but against everyone not them, which includes people of all colors and creeds.

The racists be they black or white are simply tools to keep us divided into easily managed tribes. That you think the fight is between minorities and racist white people and not against bigotry itself simply demonstrates the effectiveness of their attempts to tribally divide us.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I love your heart in this issue, I wish it were really that sweet. The only divide is the kind-hearted people (like yourself) and the hateful bigots and thankfully they are the minority.

We cannot go backwards to become "one" with them...but, we can hold our hands out to try and bring them to a better less hateful life.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Because the narrative you are presenting is that white racists are THE problem. You ignore all evidence pointing towards there being a range of issues to blame for current racial tensions. You are presenting the topic in a way that suggests racism is an exclusively white problem. Implying that to address racism, we need to address the attitude and behaviour of white people.

You are not merely asking people to acknowledge that some white people are racist, you are making the implication that white people have an inherent racism within them that needs to be addressed.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Correct, the article is about white racism, past and present.

In no way am I saying "all" whites are racist or "only" whites are racist.

Sorry you are so triggered to jump to those conclusions.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It's not hateful bigots, is the power elite that want to keep us all weak and manageable. There is a fight to be had, but it's not non-racists vs. racists. It's the common man vs. those who wish to treat us as cattle and divide us into pens for easier management and herding. I'm not peaceful and sweet hearted, I'm just as angry as you are. The difference is, I'm trying to break down the fence dividing us and turn our focus to the real enemy that is benefiting by keeping those fences strong.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I see those groups as the same...power elite and racist. Well, same problem people.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Dark Ghost

Correct, the article is about white racism, past and present.

In no way am I saying "all" whites are racist or "only" whites are racist.

Sorry you are so triggered to jump to those conclusions.

I'm hardly "triggered", but I suppose it helps your narrative to imagine me looking at the computer right now with a white angry face (like those from the article you linked), foaming at the mouth and feeling agitated.

No, the reality is that the only emotion I feel right now after reading your opening post, the article you linked to, the comments section below the article and most of your replies after the opening post is PITY.

It is truly sad that you have such a distorted, narrow-minded and rigid view when it comes to the discussion of racism.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I see those groups as the same...power elite and racist. Well, same problem people.

Haha, I wonder what compels you to see those groups as the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join