It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all of the bigotry come from? (You are not to blame)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Recently, those that are racist or simply insecure in themselves, they NEED, they must have, someone to discriminate against (helped along by Trump) have come out of the shadows again.

Assumptions much!!?

I just want to beat them back with a baseball bat, but they should go back into the shadows on their own.

To slither with the low things, in the dark, where they belong.

Do you realise how racist that makes you sound

edit on 23-2-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
When in doubt, blame the white man!

We can't blame you (it's not your fault) for using such a tactic, it has worked so well for quite a number of years.

But people are starting to awake from their slumber and refuse to be guilted with nonsense. So when the blowback is severe, you can act surprised, but in your heart you will know you caused this.

edit on 23/2/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ALL THE OLD RACIST WHITES FROM THOSE CIVIL RIGHTS PHOTOS?

They turned into the modern left-wing, and I don't mean that as a political jab. With the amount they talk about race, it is clear they still believe in the concept of race as a means of categorization.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

wow, you sound militant. there seems to be a growing number of you. scary what the future might hold with such paranoia around. get a grip for humanities sake.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
wow, you sound militant. there seems to be a growing number of you. scary what the future might hold with such paranoia around. get a grip for humanities sake.

I'm not militant or paranoid, but nice attempt at attacking my character.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Well good lord I have some relatives that marched during the civil rights era that would be astounded to find out they are racists...

I am sad I missed the heyday of ATS... aliens, missing persons ,secret govt experiments...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: savemebarry

no because obviously some people were triggered enough to respond with their sarcastic deflections. those people also happen to be the same people that are quick to use the terms, triggered, sjw, libtard, etc etc can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen! dish it but can't take it? pot calling the kettle black?

Ok as a deplorable trumptard racist nazi homophoobe, I don't see your point.

/sarc

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
There is in actuality very little racism in the true sense of the word. Few people are truly racist, but many people are angry and that is a big difference. Hatred is far too strong a word bandied around regularly like confetti just like other buzzwords and has slowly lost its meaning and impact.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I grew up with people from all different cultures and backgrounds living in my house with me, you see there was an English language school in my hometown and foreign students used to lodge with us while they studied. There were children of all different ethnicity at the schools I went to, but I didn't really notice, thanks to my enlightened upbringing.

About thirty years ago I started being told that I was privileged and inherently racist because everyone of my particular skin colour is that way. After twenty plus years of this continual hate and race badgering coming my way I finally thought f..k it! if that is what I am then why should I fight it. These days I practice complete equality and treat everyone with equal contempt.
edit on 23-2-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The responses are funny, so many people (I choose to be a part of ATS bc of the high percentage of alt-right posters) are so clueless.

I don't care if a black, white, thug, murderer, Palestinian or racist wrote this article, it was striking to me bc of the pictures and how he eloquently described how those mean faces are still around today.

To blame racism on Obama is like blaming the Mexican restaurant bc your sh*t stinks.

Your sh*t is going to stink regardless, blame yourself.
edit on 23-2-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
There is in actuality very little racism in the true sense of the word. Few people are truly racist, but many people are angry and that is a big difference.

Have to agree with you there.

Hatred is far to strong a word bandied around regularly like confetti just like other buzzwords and has slowly lost its
meaning and impact.

Again I have to agree with that.I personally don't hate anybody, but there are

a few people whom I dislike of every hew.

So its acceptable for me to dislike those of the same hew as myself, but any

other of a different hew makes me racist? ... How does that work?

I dislike them all equally!!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
One of the most often ignored aspects of the civil rights movement is that it was successful because the majority was convinced to believe in civil rights. That convinced majority were white. The second the civil rights movement was successful, true racists became a minority in the US, as the non-racists had voted their positions down as unacceptable. As time has gone on, this gap has grown.

Yet to hear people talk, people with white skin continue to this day to be as racist as they were during the heights of slavery and/or Jim Crow Laws. I'm sorry I'm not buying into it. What I see is an out-lash of people who've been trying to move on and not being allowed to. People are sick of race, the concept, the idea, the notion, and the insistence we give the concept the time of day, the refusal to let race go the way of the dinosaur. The only ones keeping racism alive are those who refuse to let the concept of race go, and continue pushing it day in and day out. Let it #ing die already and stop feeding it with this nonsense.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Are you saying that we should let it die as in quit talking about it? Protesting about it? Pretend like its not there and it will go away?

Bc it will not go away.

Obama did not create racism bc he was black, the alt-right revived it bc they are racist against Obama.

Obama was just a black dude who wanted to help America and fought racism just as any good person would do.

Racism is nasty and ugly and if we just put it out of site and out of mind, there is still a big pink elephant in the room, but this is one that kills blacks and infringes on peoples civil rights...cant just let that slide by this day and age.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Yay
Just what the world needs, another poor oppressed moron stereotyping all white people as racist and evil.

I had no idea how truly despicable I am, its a good thing my non white friends cant see through my deceptive outer layer of acceptance. Would make dinner parties very uncomfortable

If you can understand what Im trying to say, you would see that Im not (nor is the article) stereotyping white people. We are pointing out those ugly mean faces in the pictures to who they are today...the alt-right. Racism is still alive and looming around whites...there are some that do not realize it and adopt this mindset and become a bigot racist and do not understand why a finger is pointed at them...

They do not understand what the meaning of those words are.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

Are you white? Did you vote for him?

How does that relate to what I asked?

Do you have a rational answer? Or are you just going to link another article about how white people are all secretly racist to prove your point for you?

I'm a proud creole swamp rat if you must know.

Again, I am not calling all whites racist...I am calling alt-right racist. Those of you who not only did not vote for Obama but also complain about 8 years of hell with him...you guys would be the ones holding up your "make america white" signs during the civil war with your ugly smug faces.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

BS. Not even slightly true. Racism is held by those who see it in every shadow, who think race is relevant to most people when it's not. Sure racists exist of all creeds and colors, white included, but they are a minority, and until we start treating them as an minority, racism is not going to go away. The only reason racism is a big deal is because we insist on making it a big deal. Racism was well on the way of the dodo before it suddenly started getting all this attention again. A small minority of people are for nefarious reasons trying to make race super relevant again to divide us.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: reldra

I don't believe you, you are white and that means you are racist and if you try and justify it then it really means your racist.

If you are a racist...you are a racist and if you do not realize it then you cannot fix your problem. I see it alot (on ATS).

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

BS. Not even slightly true. Racism is held by those who see it in every shadow, who think race is relevant to most people when it's not. Sure racists exist of all creeds and colors, white included, but they are a minority, and until we start treating them as an minority, racism is not going to go away. The only reason racism is a big deal is because we insist on making it a big deal. Racism was well on the way of the dodo before it suddenly started getting all this attention again. A small minority of people are for nefarious reasons trying to make race super relevant again to divide us.

OK, but racism never died, its still alive. It was never on the way of the dodo.

Its getting attention bc its a serious problem.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: thesaneone

This is a poor attempt to try and bait and trap members. Shameful.

Trolled with an article written by a guy whose name is Frederick Thug-less on his twitter account no less.

What an interesting name to choose.

I chose the article bc of the content, you are rude commenting on the article bc a black person wrote it...can you see the difference btw. a non racist and a racist?

(I honestly did not know what the gender/race of the writer was until just now)
edit on 23-2-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I disagree, but go on promoting it.

Ok clearly racism never "died" but to treat a scar that has yet to fully heal as a gaping arterial wound is dishonest and fear mongering.
edit on 2/23/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join