It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all of the bigotry come from? (You are not to blame)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

you are as clever as you think. At least from my observation.

I keep hoping that we will breed racism out of our society. Most people I know have a little of this and a touch of that in their family history. Although its still not uncommon for hispanic families to only be latin folks.

I don't know anyone personally who doesn't have an international table sitting in front of them during the holidays. And thats just here in West Texas (where we don't have a lot of international flair to begin with).

My stepdad, when my mom first married him, would say stuff like "our kids better not bring home any black (or hispanic) people" (referencing dating, not friendships....he didn't care who we hung out with).

But by the time he died, he was willing to fist fight people who had something negative to say about his black grand daughter, or 2 hispanic grand sons. His perspective shifted instantly when he held those babies. Even as only my step dad....he was head over heels over the first grandson I gave him.

It sounds corny, i know....but love really does conquer all. At least with him it did. Seeing that...i have faith for humanity. It'll still take us awhile. BUt I have faith.
edit on 2/23/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

im sorry but, the only people who feel defensive are the racist themselves. You are the one using the broad paint stroke, i in no way shape or form am calling a whole group of people racist, just calling the racists racists.

So if someone is repeatedly telling me I am a racist I should not get defensive or offended????

What complete and utter bollocks.. I am completely at a loss for words for such an insanely stupid statement that ... piss on it, no wonder we are regressing in race relations one side does not want to actually talk about it... just scream Racist...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

im sorry but, the only people who feel defensive are the racist themselves. You are the one using the broad paint stroke, i in no way shape or form am calling a whole group of people racist, just calling the racists racists.

So if someone is repeatedly telling me I am a racist I should not get defensive or offended????

What complete and utter bollocks.. I am completely at a loss for words for such an insanely stupid statement that ... piss on it, no wonder we are regressing in race relations one side does not want to actually talk about it... just scream Racist...

noone is calling you a racist over and over....you are just being defensive for no reason...

are you a racist?

bc if you are not, then you have nothing to worry about here.
edit on 23-2-2017 by veracity because: chill TF out buddy

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

sweet story and not corny

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

then you have not paid attention around ATS lately and this past election, all kinds of people have painted anyone that showed the slightest bit of support for trump as racist...

Several people on this site alone have gone 100% off the rails, calling anyone that does not fully support the identity politics that the left has been shoving down are throats for the last 10 years or so... racist.

It happens quite often, I have lived my life judging people by how they treat myself and the people around them, if they treat people well they are worth being friends with... if they judge people by things like wealth or skin color I tolerate their existence.

So I will get pissed when I am painted with a false brush, by narrow minded people that try to paint the world with a brush based off their narrow slice of reality.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The love of a child has amazing healing powers. I have seen it within my husbands family. I have a beautiful niece that I would kill anyone for.
I think it's funny that "the boy" she shouldn't have brought home has made an amazing father.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

WHY would you get defensive? People are entitled to their opinion even

if its wrong! If you are not racist other peoples opinion shouldn't be of any

consequence to you...Or are you that fragile that you need 'every ones' approval...

*You cant please all of the people all of the time!!*

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

It has nothing to do with emotional fragility it is one of those things that infuriates me, everybody has one or two things that drives them off the rails being called a racist is one of those things for me.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

WHY would you get defensive? People are entitled to their opinion even

if its wrong! If you are not racist other peoples opinion shouldn't be of any

consequence to you...Or are you that fragile that you need 'every ones' approval...

*You cant please all of the people all of the time!!*

Let's not forget that the word "racist" carries strong negative connotations about somebody's character. It has the power to influence the way other people (who have not even met you) might see you.

This has nothing to do with "seeking approval". It has to do with protecting one's character and reputation from unjust labels that can influence how others see that person.

Edit: If somebody were to call you a "hooker", or a "gold-digger", or a "sexual deviant" without having evidence of these labels in a public context, would you just "not let it get to you" because there is no truth to their claims?

edit on 23/2/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

noone is calling you a racist over and over....you are just being defensive for no reason...

are you a racist?

bc if you are not, then you have nothing to worry about here.

When most of the statements about the bigotry and racism of whites are general statements ... yeah.

Can I make general statements about the bigotry and racism of blacks without getting called on it?

Maybe we could make it some sort of Yo Mama game ... Yo white mama so racist ... Yo black mama so racist ...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Bigotry is Colorblind , it Exists in All Cultures , but it seems Caucasian Bigotry is somehow More Important to Talk About when it comes from those with a Secret Political Agenda .

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

i am hispanic, my family is from the rio grande valley texas side and mexican side and have been there since arguably the 1500's. 99% of my family is here legally, there is 1 cousin i wonder about lol, i also have faith in humanity and in america in general. the vast majority of the people i come across are cool and not racist but lately tempers are flaring fingers are being pointed etc etc i hope america can realize we have to unite to keep america great, we all have to be on the same page and realize the problems we have affect us all as americans. the deep partisan divide in this country is starting to scare me.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Exactly. You get it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

OK but are you a racist? Do you revel in having racist views? If you are honest to yourself would you call yourself a racist?

If you are then I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself as you may be quite wrong. If you are not a racist then why are you listening to idiots who do not know you?

I do not want you to purge yourself all over ATS. But there are white racist racists in the USA and they hate people with skins darker than theirs. Their are also racists who hate people with paler skins. The point is that these polar opposites are numerically unequal and also have potentially unequal power.

The simple fact is that in the USA the white race has killed maimed and injured more dark skinned peopled than Dark skinned people have done to whites. That is a historical fact.

As a black person I must honestly say that the native Indians are suffering at the bottom of the pile. Their legacy is bad. The black legacy is also bad but Jim Cow was repealed and racism eased off.

When I lived in Europe I new that there was racism directed against me but the Roma suffer even worse than me.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5

The simple fact is that in the USA the white race has killed maimed and injured more dark skinned peopled than Dark skinned people have done to whites. That is a historical fact.

do not go around here spouting historical facts, you are going to trigger half of ATS. get over it, it happened a long time ago there is no more racism, all minorities have no excuse for not making it in this country. if there is racism its because obama created it. oh i was wrong there is an acceptable excuse, illegals, they are taking your jobs, your benefits and food out of your babies mouths not to mention raping your women and playing their music loud. their out of control children walk all over your lawns etc etc.*sarcasm*

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The Marxist got one thing right. The majority of us are workers as we doo not own our own businesses. Also even those that own a small business have more in common with those who work. Face facts the Government does not treat small businesses the same way they treat Big business.

Anyway. Those who work have a lot more in common with each other. realistically what do most of us have with Donald Trump? What do I have in common with Obama (who is also a multi millionaire or should be)?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
I think what blacks should do is organize for a lot of them to move to one state and then run the state government how they want.

Kind of like Utah for mormons.

I'm not saying it to make people move away from me or anything. I am saying if a state could get a black majority they could run the state and make laws to make it completely racist free.

Mississippi is already 40+% black. It's the best candidate.

What do you think veracity?

I think that is a backward step as we go back to Jim Crow/Apartheid. I always suggest to any other black person that hates "whitey" that they should go back to Africa or the West Indies. Many have but guess what? Most don't want to. Ids you stay her you fight the battles as they arise.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5

A historical fact that has zero relevance for the topic at hand.

Therefore, one must ask: why bring forth such a fact if it has nothing to do with the topic? Well, it seems like attempted deflection, misdirection and guilting.

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
do not go around here spouting historical facts, you are going to trigger half of ATS. get over it, it happened a long time ago there is no more racism, all minorities have no excuse for not making it in this country. if there is racism its because obama created it. oh i was wrong there is an acceptable excuse, illegals, they are taking your jobs, your benefits and food out of your babies mouths not to mention raping your women and playing their music loud. their out of control children walk all over your lawns etc etc.*sarcasm*

Historical facts that have no relevance to the topic at hand won't trigger anybody.

Living in the past doesn't solve racism. Finger pointing, attempted guilting and projecting your internal problems onto an external enemy while denying personal responsibility does not solve racism.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

no one is asking you to feel guilty for being white, or whatever you may be. i don't encounter racism in the every day world but when i come on here i can't help but think there are a lot of closet in denial racists on here. people can hide behind their avatars and spew some really nasty stuff on here, same goes for the nasty comments seen on youtube etc etc.

what are you going on about projecting my internal problems? i have a well paying career, i have a beautiful house, wife and kids, never took a handout in my life, never blamed racism for any "internal problems"

i am merely acknowledging the ugly role racism has unfortunately had in this country we can acknowledge that it was terrible and move on or we can live in denial, which scenario do you think is healthier? we can also acknowledge that people of all colors can be accused of racism and that it has no place in todays society.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
Regarding the German situation.
I would say that the Germans realised that the past informs the present. The war finished in 1945. Germany still has a small and persistent group of Neo Nazis who were actually born after the war. How long does a crippling and hateful notion of supremacy based on Aryanism persist? I have worked in Germany and find the people warm and friendly. I thought the language was harsh and guttural but that was how the Germans were portrayed in the old war films. I am a child of the 60s.
How know that the Japan still has their military development contained following the end of the war so is that bad? There are survivors of the Japanese war that still hate the Japanese, as there are those who still hate the Germans. Can you not understand that?
Jim Crow finished in 1965. You know the Jesuit maxim “give me a child before the age of 7…” OK so someone who is in their 50s must have been profoundly influenced by the barbarity of Jim Crow much less those in their 60s and 70s.
It is not all doom and gloom however because America is a better place now than before in terms of race. There are still some issues but many of these are issues of class as much as race. Class even affects mental health. If you have no job and have little chance of getting one well you are in a different place to a working person. Most working people are too busy to riot!

I will ignore your comment about black only as it just happens that I hang out with a lot of black people at times, as I am black. Don’t you also find yourself hanging out with your own skin colour at times? Were you trying to score a point there?
I have deliberately left the best until last….
Chip on my shoulder? Perhaps you did not notice that I mentioned an incident which was PERHAPS” racist in getting feedback for a job that I went for. My “Perhaps” stated my uncertainty as to whether or not it was racist. Given the persistence of racism I did wonder. Given that I was called a “'n-word'” a few months a go I did wonder.
What is interesting is that every tim a black person raises something that aggrieves them that related to race then certain whites tend to play the chip on the shoulder meme.
Anyway I am highly qualified for the role that I went for both in terms of superior work experience and also by dint of my good degree from a prestigious university and accounting qualification. The Headhunter put me up for the post because they thought that I had what it took. The outcome remains the same I then went on to get a better paid job anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join