It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all of the bigotry come from? (You are not to blame)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: veracity

I disagree, but go on promoting it.

Wrong Puppy love, i dont promote racism, I promote stopping it. I dont turn a blind eye and hope it goes away...it never did.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Ok clearly racism never "died" but to treat a scar that has yet to fully heal as a gaping arterial wound is dishonest and fear mongering.

It doesnt just heal on its own, it gets gaping worse, festers and gets infected...

the analogy is that blacks are murdered and suppressed bc of racism...its not healing.
edit on 23-2-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

You're not promoting stopping it. You're feeding it while thinking you're helping. The only way to stop it is to promote togetherness of the races as a single entity, that cannot be done by singling out white people as the only people with a racial problem, nor giving any credence to the idea it's anywhere near a large number of whites.

We're one damn species and people. That's where healing starts and ends. The very fact that you see fixing it in terms of race rather than humanity divided by idiotic concepts means you identify with and are promoting the idea of race. As long as we aren't denying race, and turning against it as a concept the scar that is race and all the concepts that go with it will remain.

Stop picking the #ing scab.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Prove that, please. Prove that there's some giant numbers of specifically black people, and no one else since you're singling them out, being killed purely for the concept of race. Prove that it's a significant number of people, then prove that no one of any other shade is being killed, includes white skinned for similar such concepts by any other group.
edit on 2/23/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I really do not want to have to google search all of the black boys that were murdered by police, that would not really cover all of them.

Also, the gaping festering wound is spilling over...the racist are finding other minorities to suppress, trans, gays, currently mexicans.

Its ugly and its not a healing wound puppy love

I do respect and see where you are coming from with the "healing wound" analogy but I have to painfully say you are not seeing the whole picture. Oh how I wish you were correct and it was just that easy.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I really do not want to have to google search all of the black boys that were murdered by police, that would not really cover all of them.

Also, the gaping festering wound is spilling over...the racist are finding other minorities to suppress, trans, gays, currently mexicans.

I do respect and see where you are coming from with the "healing wound" analogy but I have to painfully say you are not seeing the whole picture. Oh how I wish you were correct and it was just that easy.

So all police represent white oppression of blacks ?

So what is it like to hate an entire group of people like you seem to based off your posting here?

I am actually curious... seems like it would be tiresome to assume every white person you encounter is a closet klucker...

Heck I lived the last decade in a flyover state many consider full of nothing but racists... yet I saw more inter-racial marriages there than I ever saw on the progressive coast I grew up on.

weird how people let what they see in their tiny corner of the globe color their opinions of entire ethnic groups...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

You're wrong, it's not racists doing that. It's an organized minority being pushed to promote such divisions, and you buying into their propaganda instead of standing with us against it. The only way to stand against it is to unite as one people. The people pushing this aren't "white racists" they are dividers, who's one and only goal is to divide us. They push hate on us, try to divide us by it, they try to enrage us into hating each other. They do this in every community looking for anything that can keep us divided. The people who are the enemy are the people pushing hate of any creed, color or orientation, including hatred and fear of white people.

The problem is, you're too short sighted to see past race to the truth, that racism is a tool, same with sexism, and all those other isms by non racists as a tool to divide us all simply to maintain their power. You're trying to fight a headache by stepping on your foot. The only way to put a stop to this is to stop feeding it and push seeing past these things and unite as one people regardless of differences, the one thing these dividers don't want.

White people are no more the problem than black people, we're all one people. Stop seeing white people and black people and you might start seeing the truth. Powerful people that are using our insecurities against us to keep themselves in power.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So all police represent white oppression of blacks ?

So what is it like to hate an entire group of people like you seem to based off your posting here?

I am actually curious... seems like it would be tiresome to assume every white person you encounter is a closet klucker...

Heck I lived the last decade in a flyover state many consider full of nothing but racists... yet I saw more inter-racial marriages there than I ever saw on the progressive coast I grew up on.

weird how people let what they see in their tiny corner of the globe color their opinions of entire ethnic groups...

NO, not all police...just the racist killers, unfortunately theres a few bad apples in every group, and these ones have the law on their side when they kill

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Police corruption goes far deeper than anything you're implying. Fixing it is not a race issue. Are you Dayquil or something? Only care about relieving some of the symptoms and ignoring the others?

To fix police corruption, you need to fight corruption as a whole, treating it as a race issue is lunacy. Not only does focusing on corruption solve a whole host of problems, but it's an all inclusive movement that does not single out the needs of one creed over the rest. Police corruption affects us all. Remove that and you solve more problems than the one you claim and have a stronger backing with which to do it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

You're wrong, it's not racists doing that. It's an organized minority being pushed to promote such divisions, and you buying into their propaganda instead of standing with us against it. The only way to stand against it is to unite as one people. The people pushing this aren't "white racists" they are dividers, who's one and only goal is to divide us. They push hate on us, try to divide us by it, they try to enrage us into hating each other. They do this in every community looking for anything that can keep us divided. The people who are the enemy are the people pushing hate of any creed, color or orientation, including hatred and fear of white people.

The problem is, you're too short sighted to see past race to the truth, that racism is a tool, same with sexism, and all those other isms by non racists as a tool to divide us all simply to maintain their power. You're trying to fight a headache by stepping on your foot. The only way to put a stop to this is to stop feeding it and push seeing past these things and unite as one people regardless of differences, the one thing these dividers don't want.

White people are no more the problem than black people, we're all one people. Stop seeing white people and black people and you might start seeing the truth. Powerful people that are using our insecurities against us to keep themselves in power.

Are you white? Im going to guess yes.

Im pretty sure if you tried to put yourself in a mexican's shoes right now or the shoes of one of the blacks' family who lost a son to police brutality you would see more of the picture.

Your chanting is charming, however very near-sighted.

How do you explain all of the hate towards gays? oh, should they just go back into the closet and not fight for the right to marry?

Racists do not stop at just blacks...next could be women. They are evil. Its a good think that they are probably dying out, but ad for the here and now...it is a festering wound that cannot just be left alone to heal.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Police corruption goes far deeper than anything you're implying. Fixing it is not a race issue. Are you Dayquil or something? Only care about relieving some of the symptoms and ignoring the others.

To fix police corruption, you need to fight corruption as a whole, treating it as a race issue is lunacy.

There you go, thats my drum...yes, we need to fight corruption not just leave it at bay to heal itself.

you just lack to include it is a race issue, if you leave that out, it will never be fixed.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I'm transgender, you don't become much more a minority than that, but yes I'm also white.

Also the problem is you're treating it as a race issue over every other issue. There's no good reason for the race issue to be the focus it's one symptom among many. Why does the race aspect of police corruption require a mention, while everything else it's ok to ignore when mentioning police corruption. Why is it "Police Corruption, especially when it comes to racism against black people."?

Your overemphasis on black people over everyone else is causing me to consider you might be a "honeyed worded" divider who uses the claim of caring and trying to help to disguise your true goals.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Im against racism and bigotry to all minorities, not just blacks.

The article I posted highlights racism of blacks in the civil war era, that does not mean that I am only fighting for the rights of blacks and a "honeyed worded" divider who uses the claim of caring and trying to help to disguise my true goals.

It seems as if your heart is in the right place, you just need to connect the dots around you to fully understand the whole picture.

This is NOT a wound that will heal on its own, evil seeps out and spreads if left alone. It WILL spread regardless, but we can still fight it, it can be slowed down.

Im not saying we need to protest every day, but we do need to call it out when we see it and we need to NOT normalize it.
edit on 23-2-2017 by veracity because: mispells

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

As long as that's your fight and not race/bigotry itself, you'll only ever feed hate rather than help to defeat it.

The goal to victory is human rights and equality for all. Multiple sides coming together. That cannot happen as long as you treat one group as the enemy regardless of whether they deserve it or not. You're either against bigotry and hatred or you're not. You half-ass it and you get half-assed results. Hint focusing only on hatred and bigotry against minorities is half-assing it.

We need to care about each other as a whole.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

This article sheds some light on what bigotry is and where it came from.

"Those people only accepted the Civil Rights social change with contempt and learned how to BEHAVE when laws changed. These old racist white supremacists, similar to insurgents after the collapse of the Iraqi Army in 2003, only laid low, kept their racist ideologies and waited. During this wait, there was a refinement of white supremacy. White supremacy — racism in America — had to adapt, and it did."

It could be residual left-over deep racism from your ancestors that was adopted unknowingly, that is why you have no idea what it means.

afrosapiophile.com...

All true. There have always been those that have sought to turn back the clocks. Even the Constitution was amended to allow Jim Crow (Apartheid US style).

My parents had thought that racism would have disappear by now. Things are a lot better mind you. Here are many whites who continue to whine about not being free to use the N Word and cite white oppression in the USA!!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ALL THE OLD RACIST WHITES FROM THOSE CIVIL RIGHTS PHOTOS?

They turned into the modern left-wing, and I don't mean that as a political jab. With the amount they talk about race, it is clear they still believe in the concept of race as a means of categorization.

Fine Gymnastics there. Talking about racism and ignoring discrimination...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
So everyone's gran daddy is responsible, eh?

So a bigot of today isn't responsible for his or her own actions? Good to know, I guess. But, I prefer to hold people accountable for their own actions, and not excuse them because their daddies did it, too.

When do we get to quit being children, again?

In the real world, we take responsibility for our actions, for good or for ill. It's what being an adult is all about, I thought. Apparently, I was wrong.

We don't. Remember, the same people who dream up this crap are also the ones who think that government need to be running everything down to what food we eat.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

As long as that's your fight and not race/bigotry itself, you'll only ever feed hate rather than help to defeat it.

The goal to victory is human rights and equality for all. Multiple sides coming together. That cannot happen as long as you treat one group as the enemy regardless of whether they deserve it or not. You're either against bigotry and hatred or you're not. You half-ass it and you get half-assed results. Hint focusing only on hatred and bigotry against minorities is half-assing it.

We need to care about each other as a whole.

I understand what you are saying and I have to say, yes i am guilty for calling out the bigots.

I think your way of handling it would be much better, however...that is a dream world. I dont mind trying it, but we still need to protect the minorities from the bigots till we get to this utopian dream world.

I understand you and your way of thinking and i think its great

I just dont think its feasible

Evil is way to strong and does not easily let go of its clutches to become "one".

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Again, I am not calling all whites racist...I am calling alt-right racist.

The authour of the blog you posted does not make that distinction....

Being that I linked him (and for the most part, most of White America) to those angry, white supremacy defending whites in all the old Civil Rights photographs,

Those of you who not only did not vote for Obama but also complain about 8 years of hell with him...you guys would be the ones holding up your "make america white" signs during the civil war with your ugly smug faces.

Obama won 2008 by a LANDSLIDE......and he did it with droves of WHITE people voting for him. Even if he had garnered every black persons vote in the country it would have been nowhere near enough for him to get the Presidency.

And now these same people are racist suddenly? OK, makes about as much sense as anything else you people say.

I chose the article bc of the content, you are rude commenting on the article bc a black person wrote it.

You mean an obviously RACIST black person? That blog you linked is bull, and the guys website is like a stormfront for black folks obviously. I think its rude that you try and call out racism by using an obviously racist article.

(I honestly did not know what the gender/race of the writer was until just now)

Yeah, maybe you should find these things about before you make a thread about them. The guy who wrote that blog is obviously a BLM racist thug.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

lol, yes Obama won by a landslide, that is why, luckily...i consider the racist to be a minority.

unfortunately...they are the loudest, and they are coming out of the wood works (bc they think its ok now) be of our new president. (he is a racist too)

and I see a good article and judge it by its content. Where its coming from should not matter. Your opinion of him is just that...an opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join