It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches increasingly feel need to offer sanctuary to undocumented migrants

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

If any church is harboring a criminal (other than illegal entry), ICE should walk right in there and take them. Then, perhaps they should consider charges against the church personnel for aiding and abetting.

So you a perfectly ok with invalidating a tradition that dates back 1000's of years, to satisfy your little snowflake goal of ridding the US of brown people? And to jail church people, damnit this has really gotten out of control.

It has nothing to do with brown people. If they are criminals (other than illegal entry), then I don't care if they are white, black, brown, yellow, red, or purple. Church people are aiders and abetters if they harbor criminals. We won't even talk about "church people" and their holy "virtues". Some of the biggest sleaze bags I've known were so-called "church people" hiding behind their pulpits and buildings.

Well put!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Psalms 27:4-5
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.

The right of asylum (sometimes called right of political asylum, from the ancient Greek word ἄσυλον[1][2]) is an ancient juridical concept, under which a person persecuted by their own country may be protected by another sovereign authority, such as another country or church official, who in medieval times could offer sanctuary. This right was already recognized by the Egyptians, the Greeks, and the Hebrews, from whom it was adopted into Western tradition. René Descartes fled to the Netherlands, Voltaire to England, and Hobbes to France, because each state offered protection to persecuted foreigners.
en.wikipedia.org...

How can a civilized society have no sanctuary or refuge for its most vulnerable? When there is nowhere else to turn, the church/tabernacle/mosque/etc., steps in to provide shelter.

What would Jesus do?

Thank you, I was looking for this information when you posted. Obviously, a lot of so called Christians in this thread, that have failed to read the book.

Jesus told us to render unto Caesar what is Caesar.

And in the case of the US, immigration law is Caesar's. This is, as we are constantly and loudly reminded by people like the OP, not a Christian nation, so Jesus would have counciled us to render unto Caesar, not to break Caesar's laws.

Those who constantly cite the OT passages on refugees forget that they were given at a time when the Hebrews were a sovereign people and able to self-govern, but there are still also clear laws, rules and expectations for refugees too. So even the Hebrews had their immigration standards that they enforced if you wanted to take asylum among them.

Please don't forget that we are talking about churches who are not self-governing but exist under the legal protection of the US government and that the refugees in question are here in violation of US immigration law thus having broken the standards expected of them as refugees/immigrants.

I love how y'all like to cherry pick the OT.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
Yepp. I disagree.

How can you disagree when I'm agreeing with you? At least about the content of the post I was replying to.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

There's that damned thumping again! Where in the HELL is that coming from?
Hold my beer while I go and get my shotgun....

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Friend, if you cannot understand what I'm saying, perhaps remedial reading comprehension classes should be in your near future.

Enjoy. Have a great night, hopefully you nor any of your loved ones will be victimized by crime perpetrated by an illegal alien.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

If the shoe fits.....

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Friend, if you cannot understand what I'm saying, perhaps remedial reading comprehension classes should be in your near future.

What part of I was agreeing with you are disagreeing with know?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Why would The Church help people break the law?

Maybe they're finally paying attention to those "WWJD" bumperstickers?

Seriously though, I would imagine it has to do with an egalitarian sense of moral imperative fostered by the better aspects of religious mythology. People do not view violating laws they feel are immoral in the same way they do other laws. What kind of society would we be if they did?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The part where I am telling you, right now, discourse between you and I is over as of this moment.

Take care

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The part where I am telling you, right now, discourse between you and I is over as of this moment.

Take care

I agree but you might end up disagreeing with me about that.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: windword

In case you've not noticed, I'm not Jesus.

Then, you shouldn't try to speak for him, against churches that believe they are carrying out his will!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If any church is harboring a criminal (other than illegal entry), ICE should walk right in there and take them. Then, perhaps they should consider charges against the church personnel for aiding and abetting.

So you a perfectly ok with invalidating a tradition that dates back 1000's of years, to satisfy your little snowflake goal of ridding the US of brown people? And to jail church people, damnit this has really gotten out of control.

It has nothing to do with brown people. If they are criminals (other than illegal entry), then I don't care if they are white, black, brown, yellow, red, or purple. Church people are aiders and abetters if they harbor criminals. We won't even talk about "church people" and their holy "virtues". Some of the biggest sleaze bags I've known were so-called "church people" hiding behind their pulpits and buildings.

The churches from what I have read, are only looking to protect those that are only guilty of illegal entry, and even that is a misnomer, most come into the states legally and overstay their visas. I personally think that any church that makes a political statement from their pulpit should lose their tax exempt status, and in fact feel they should not have that status.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Churches who help illegals break the law should lose their tax exempt status. If they believe it is their moral imperative to help illegals, fine, but they should be prepared to suffer the consequences. This isn't a Christian nation, we are a nation of laws, Churches should be obliged to follow the law the same as the rest of us.

link   

And yet, they are making a political statement.

They didn't do this during the Obama Administration and his deportation was supposed to be even higher.

link   

Then, you shouldn't try to speak for him, against churches that believe they are carrying out his will!

Yeah, 'cuz everytime you do, a precious religious snowflake is killed by God dropping a planetoid of kittens on them from a great height!!!!!

Don't BULLY God, OR HIS CHURCHES, meanie!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

a reply to: queenofswords

The ones being sought and deported are the ones that have committed crimes other than illegal entry.

I don't think God would approve of his houses of worship being used to house criminals that have raped, murdered, thieved, and dealt drugs.

Old Testament law sets up Sanctuary Cities specifically for murderers!

Number 35:6
Six of the towns you give the Levites will be cities of refuge, to which a person who has killed someone may flee.

Actually it was specifically for those who had unintentionally killed someone, not for murderers.

That's not what it says in Numbers 35. Besides, Christians are all about mercy and forgiveness.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
800 actual religious institutions who realize that The Golden Rule is MOST IMPORTANT.

Those other 342,200 congregations who are too COWARDLY and racist and paranoid and FAKE?

I don't get it. Help me by shplaining very slowly.

Why would The Church help people break the law?

Didn't Paul say to not obey the law of the land if it went against "god's" law? Denying refugees is certainly against biblical law. I will quote if you need to but I'm sure you know of a few places in the bible where that is condemned.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

a reply to: queenofswords

The ones being sought and deported are the ones that have committed crimes other than illegal entry.

I don't think God would approve of his houses of worship being used to house criminals that have raped, murdered, thieved, and dealt drugs.

Old Testament law sets up Sanctuary Cities specifically for murderers!

Number 35:6
Six of the towns you give the Levites will be cities of refuge, to which a person who has killed someone may flee.

Actually it was specifically for those who had unintentionally killed someone, not for murderers.

That's not what it says in Numbers 35. Besides, Christians are all about mercy and forgiveness.

And bigotry. And in seeing themselves above all others.

Great folk, those "Christians".

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

No more than anyone else has.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I was quoting Him, not trying to speak for Him. Please don't tell me you don't comprehend the difference between the two.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join