It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches increasingly feel need to offer sanctuary to undocumented migrants

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
800 actual religious institutions who realize that The Golden Rule is MOST IMPORTANT.

Those other 342,200 congregations who are too COWARDLY and racist and paranoid and FAKE?

I don't get it. Help me by shplaining very slowly.

Why would The Church help people break the law?

Didn't Paul say to not obey the law of the land if it went against "god's" law? Denying refugees is certainly against biblical law. I will quote if you need to but I'm sure you know of a few places in the bible where that is condemned.

Expert on that are you?

Care to provide your evidence?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

800 actual religious institutions who realize that The Golden Rule is MOST IMPORTANT.

Those other 342,200 congregations who are too COWARDLY and racist and paranoid and FAKE?

Didn't Paul say to not obey the law of the land if it went against "god's" law? Denying refugees is certainly against biblical law. I will quote if you need to but I'm sure you know of a few places in the bible where that is condemned.

Well, I wrote a book in the fifth grade that said Trump will be President, purple ducks will explode from his derrier, and that all war would end. So, BELIEVE IT!!!!! It's in an OLD BOOK!!!!!

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Expert on that are you?

Care to provide your evidence?

Shhh...don't feed the Christians, they take in criminals.

link   
There's a decent argument to be made that asylum in a church as sanctuary is an aspect of the English Common Law (and thus, an element of our law).

That said, it's only good for 40 days at which time one has to stand trial or exile themselves.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

And ICE should be parked at all entrances or exits from the building with handcuffs and guns ready.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

And ICE should be parked at all entrances or exits from the building with handcuffs and guns ready.

300,000 churches in this country.

How many agents you think per church?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
so, how is the sanctuary going to work? are they going to let the thieves,murders and other assorted criminals live in the church? I`m pretty sure churches aren`t zoned for residential use, I hope they don`t keep anything valuable in the churches because it`s all going to get stolen.
I wonder how many of the church goers will let the "refugees" come and live in their homes with them?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
so, how is the sanctuary going to work? are they going to let the thieves,murders and other assorted criminals live in the church? I`m pretty sure churches aren`t zoned for residential use, I hope they don`t keep anything valuable in the churches because it`s all going to get stolen.
I wonder how many of the church goers will let the "refugees" come and live in their homes with them?

Way to normalize the most extreme and absurd possibility!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

As many as it takes.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Read the news, watch the news. The only thing absurd here is your clinging to religion.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Those who constantly cite the OT passages on refugees forget that they were given at a time when the Hebrews were a sovereign people and able to self-govern, but there are still also clear laws, rules and expectations for refugees too. So even the Hebrews had their immigration standards that they enforced if you wanted to take asylum among them.

Indeed, the Hebrews had immigration laws:

Leviticus 19
33And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Read the news, watch the news. The only thing absurd here is your clinging to religion.

Boy are you barking up about three wrong trees. LOL

I watch the news. Next?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You know, you're right.

I'm sure a few military jets could strategically take out the churches and then be able to quickly head towards another.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

As many as it takes.

I hear you.

So you're in favor of expanding Federal departments to the tune of millions of employees?

And, apparently, giving them top jurisdiction in the States and cities?

You're not much of a Conservative, are you?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

you`re right it`s absurd for the churches to think they can allow people to live there without someone in the neighborhood reporting them to the local zoning officials.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You know, you're right.

I'm sure a few military jets could strategically take out the churches and then be able to quickly head towards another.

Thanks!

That's it!

Let that core authoritarian out to play!

Hey, why not use tactical nukes in the "Sanctuary Cities" too?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

As many as it takes.

I hear you.

So you're in favor of expanding Federal departments to the tune of millions of employees?

And, apparently, giving them top jurisdiction in the States and cities?

You're not much of a Conservative, are you?

Never said I was. Sorry, but I don't fit into your "this or that" paradigm.

Oh, and include some of those Aegis class warships with the military fighter jets I mentioned earlier.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Fantastic idea! We'd be rid of parasites AND religious nutjobs!!!!

Gimme the button...go on, give it to me!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Only 400? I wonder how many atheist groups there are? Or really any faith. Secondly, they help immigrants and refugees as far as getting housing, food, jobs, any government benefits that might be available to them. Also, it's not new. TheYves been doing this for a long time. Do they help illegal immigrants? Possibly. They run food banks, and I don't think they check ID's. Homeless people often don't have valid ID'so though. So I guess they just stick k to Obama's vetting process when it comes to that. Much of what they do is helping them navigate federal and state benefit programs... which obviously aren't available to undocumented immigrants. It's kinda my job.

Just remember this next time some idiot goes on about the horrors of religion and simultaneously defends abortion mills because they also happen to hand out condoms and paper smears.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join