It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump family trips cost taxpayers $11.3m in one month – almost as much as Obama’s cost in a year

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I see no problem with any ex President getting the same salary as others. There. That do it? On the other hand,we have Presidents and others, making millions on book deals, speeches, etc, that don't need to be propped up by the taxpayer.
Glad to see a bill introduced to do that would do away with these huge salaries, if an ex President is raking it in.

Republicans in the House and Senate have introduced legislation that would cap annual pensions for former presidents at $200,000. Additionally, the bills would cut each pension by a dollar for every dollar the former president earns over $400,000 in the private sector in a given year. The measure was approved by the House in January with bipartisan support. “It’s pretty simple. You want a retirement and pension, it’s there. But if you’re going to go out and make enormous sums of money, then you don’t need taxpayer subsidies,” Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R., Utah), who introduced the bill in the House, told ABC News in an interview. “The former presidents are making gobs of money speaking and writing books, more power to them, but that doesn’t mean they need more taxpayer dollars on top of that,” Chaffetz added. “It’s embarrassing that they take that money.” Read more: thepoliticalinsider.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Where was your outrage with expenses of the Obama family? roflmao

You do realize President Trump is NOT taking a Presidential paycheck like Barry did right?

I wish he took a paycheck and didn't spend 11 million in a month (the president's salary is $400,000 a year) plus all of the extra security entailed in handling 3 locations so often.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Pretending to care about how much Trump is costing is laughable.

I had in mind to post how much the U.S gives to Israel and other countries around the world in "AID".

But I cant find a condenced version to post here.

If anyone can find one and provide it here, it's appreciated.

But the numbers will make your head spin.

And it's sad to see our tax dollars thrown away to countries not our own.

And yet I see NO THREADS going on about any of this.

"Aid" to Israel is the US's way of giving billions to the "defense" industry within the US and acting like it is "aid". Good call.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Lol the very reason there is a salary is so that it shows he works for the people.

Does anybody actually read the constitution?

~Tenth

Yeah, he probably set up a lump sum every 4 yrs with compounded interest.

BOOM!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: seeker1963

Where was your outrage with expenses of the Obama family? roflmao

You do realize President Trump is NOT taking a Presidential paycheck like Barry did right?

Even if it was true that Trump wasn't accepting compensation for his employment, his piddle 400K doesn't even cover one day of the security at Trump Towers.

He pays for security at Trump tower. I think many here are confused about the secret service. A detail is assigned to a person for example his wife and son may have about 6 agents assigned to them. Trump closer to 10. These expenses do not change no matter where they are located. The only expense taxpayers would have is transportation costs. What we should be asking is why 3 trips for airforce one to go to Florida should cost 11 million thats alot of jet fuel for a short trip.

Nope. Not confused. The New York tax payers are on the hook for 400K-500k per day, as long as Melania and Barron Trump are residing in the Trump Towers!

The tab also keeps running as first lady Melania Trump and the couple's son Barron live in New York City. Trump has said they'll move into the White House once Barron wraps up the school year. 
Until then, it costs New York City an estimated $500,000 per day to protect their home in a high-traffic area in the city.
www.thedenverchannel.com... 

But, he SHOULD be paying for it from his own pocket!

"Should the President-Elect choose to maintain two permanent residences for his family, it is reasonable to request he reimburse the city and the state for all additional security expenses from his own significant personal financial resources."

Taxpayers are paying out for what could grow to 300 New York police officers to protect the billionaire tycoon.
City officials say they will try for a reimbursement from the federal government but history suggests there is no promise they will recoup the funds.
“The complex challenges and tremendous costs associated with protecting a president and a president’s family in the heart of Manhattan are truly unprecedented,” said Austin Finan, the spokesman for New York mayor Bill de Blasio.
www.independent.co.uk...

edit on 19-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Wrong the law says he has to take the check. After getting it he can do what he wants with it but the he's not taking a paycheck is just another lie you chose to believe.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Where as Obama alone doubled the total debt my himself in 8 years.

You couldn't be more wrong. Our debt is still being effected by programs reaching back as far as the Reagan years. Not to mention he wasn't the idiot that started two unfunded wars.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It's stimulus to the economy stop complaining.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Your source for these so called fact is the very establishment he has been attacking......SO hmmmmm the irony

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
Ever with the clear sight. Glad to see you still around

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Lol the very reason there is a salary is so that it shows he works for the people.

Does anybody actually read the constitution?

~Tenth

Lol it was just a question. I'm sure you'd argue that it's dangerous either way, honestly.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
I guess it's not going to be cheap to 'make America great again':

Donald Trump’s family’s trips have cost taxpayers nearly as much in a month as Barack Obama’s cost in an entire year.

The US President’s three visits to his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida since his presidential inauguration, combined with his sons’ business trips, reportedly cost $11.3m (£9.1m).

www.independent.co.uk...

This is of course the first month of Trumps presidency gone so possibly these costs will go down? I doubt it personally. The complaints we got here about Obama golfing, the cost of protecting the Obama family, that article from India about it costing something like a $billion for the Obamas to go there, which turned out to be false. We heard none stop complaints. Now it's looking like the Trumps are set to make a record in cost to the tax payer.

I am sorry, but tell me again how much money Obama & Kerry blew away onto Iran from American tax dollars????

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I am sorry, but tell me again how much money Obama & Kerry blew away onto Iran from American tax dollars???

1. This has nothing to do with the tax payer money on the president himself and his livelyhood. This is policy you're talking about.

2. How much money was blown? Would you rather there be continued tension and wasted tax payer money on military force?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

There is protocol to follow,nothing different,just now liberal's become fiscally responsible lol,what a bunch of fools

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

There is protocol to follow,nothing different,just now liberal's become fiscally responsible lol,what a bunch of fools

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

A working trip with a foreign dignitary is not a vacation.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I believe you're comparing Trump's "travel" costs to Obama's "vacation" costs.

It's a sneaky and deceiving tactic to be sure. Obama traveled a LOT during his presidency, not just on vacations. We all made jokes about how he was still campaigning for his first 4 years of Presidency.

For example, Obama's travel to Mandela's funeral cost 11 million alone. I'm not saying he shouldn't have gone, I'm just pointing out the huge discrepancy in "travel" cost versus "vacation" cost.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What concerns me the most about Trump's expenses is that a lot of it is going to his businesses (his bank account).

He's getting richer off of CIA staying at his hotel, golf courses, etc... And we're paying for it.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Not ot, but is 'buttercup ' going to be the new "snowflakes " childish online insult from left to right or vice versa?

Maybe time a new #[hastag] will tell
#buttercups

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

So this money being spent on Trump doesn't disturb you?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join