It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump family trips cost taxpayers $11.3m in one month – almost as much as Obama’s cost in a year

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Lock them up, lock them up!!

That's what you get for voting in a guy who loves the taste of wedding cake.

Who doesn't like cake? It's un-American to not like cake. Hillary doesn't like cake.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Corporations like the Trump organization has very little profit margin. Think about it. They have to pay for maintenance, utility bills, employees like receptionists and cooks and waiters and cleaners, leases and taxes, renovations, replacement of machines and tools and furniture. On top of that, the Trump organization is a small business. It is not eligible for government bailouts like big businesses like Exxon Mobil and Goldman Sachs and GM and Boeing and Dell and SpaceX and Tesla are. The Trump organization makes very little money. Barely enough to survive.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: friendlymonster

Corporations like the Trump organization has very little profit margin. Think about it. They have to pay for maintenance, utility bills, employees like receptionists and cooks and waiters and cleaners, leases and taxes, renovations, replacement of machines and tools and furniture. On top of that, the Trump organization is a small business. It is not eligible for government bailouts like big businesses like Exxon Mobil and Goldman Sachs and GM and Boeing and Dell and SpaceX and Tesla are. The Trump organization makes very little money. Barely enough to survive.

Oh, okay then.

Now I fully understand why Trump wanted to become president... what a great way to save money for his corporations, just let the American taxpayer fork out the dough for his family's various business travel expenses.

What a smart guy he is.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Donald Trump had personal bodyguards. When he was in Moscow he told his bodyguards to be careful of hidden cameras. I'm pretty sure Donald Jr and Eric also have personally bodyguards. They do not need secret service protection. NYPD is more than enough.

link   
Double post. Deleted.
edit on 19-2-2017 by friendlymonster because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: scojak

Who doesn't like cake? It's un-American to not like cake. Hillary doesn't like cake.

Hillary loves the cake, just not wedding cake.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

She may not like cake but she thinks we should eat it!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The hell is an NYPD cop going to do when he has to go to Saudi Arabia?

Nothing, aside from stay home.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Eric was in Uruguay recently checking on the progress of the construction of a Trump hotel there. Was secret service with him? Not sure if they were.

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I think you're mixed up, and confused as to what i said.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The secret service not only protects the president and the vice president but also their immediate families up to first cousin. Technically Donald Jr and Eric are entitled to secret service protection. Secret service has more than 4000 agents. They are more than sufficient to provide adequate protection.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Eric was in Uruguay recently checking on the progress of the construction of a Trump hotel there. Was secret service with him? Not sure if they were.

Apparently, yes they were.

Eric used the secret service and some US embassy reps on that trip. And to top it off, that Uruguay trip was back in January before his father was even inaugurated.

I understand the necessity of keeping the various family members safe, particularly when they're travelling abroad... but should it be up to the taxpayers to pay for that security detail for the next four years when they're out on these business trips ? Business trips that have nothing to do with their father's presidency ?

I should hope not.

Trump's corporations need to be paying for those security costs because those trips are only beneficial to corporate operations and revenue streams, which has absolutely nothing to do with the representation of American citizens on behalf of government foreign affairs.

Trump and his businesses are crossing a fine line if they continue to use the secret service on these types of trips.

I'm assuming his lawyers have advised against this and it's no longer happening, but I'm not sure if that's the case ?

Your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Personally, I don't mind secret service protecting the immediate family of the president. It's not like tax payers spending money on foreigners. On top of that, there are more than 4000 secret service agents. We don't need them lying around being lazy.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I'm utterly amazed at how often you link back to, and quote, yourself. You're an absolutely shameless self-promoter.

The idea of one not letting their works they performed as a civil service not go the way of the dustbin that is any thread more than a few days old around here, as being "spam", wow that's some logic.

In regards to OP's, what the hells the point of doing epic hard hitting original content for this site if only the handful of people who happened to notice it at the time ever even know it existed?

In regards to my quote there, I had just got done saying it earlier, so why rewrite it?

When someone starts cutting me a paycheck then I'll bend over backwards for everyone even more than I already do.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well, they're making Uruguay great again, at least. We'll protect a hotel, and make America pay for it!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

Well, they're making Uruguay great again, at least. We'll protect a hotel, and make America pay for it!

Yes you will.

And you'll damn well smile while you're doing it too.

19 trillion dollar debt and growing... and growing... and growing...

Weeeeeeee !

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The reasoning is this. The president has peace of mind when he or she knows his or her immediate family is safe. That warrants some secret service protection for his or her immediate family.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

The exact same kind of safety and security they could get from a professional private security service.

But okay, if you guys don't mind paying for the family's business dealings around the world, then I guess it's no big deal.

*shrug*

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: underwerks
And where does the money go that's spent at his Golf clubs during his weekend stays?

Seeing as his he hasn't divested from his businesses like he promised, directly back to the Trump organization.

Why stay at the white house when you can pay yourself to stay at your own Club in sunny Florida? I mean, it's just the taxpayers money..

Who cares!

Those of us who voted for Trump voted AGAINST YOU!

Suck it up cupcake! No one played more golf as president as far as I know as Obama.

My god these posts are starting to look like copy and paste jobs now. He's already costing the tax payers (YOU) a damn fortune, and putting pressure on the local economy in that area. But now it's OK because it's your leader? Honestly, why can't you guys just ONCE concede that he's not perfect? If this was Obama you'd be going nuts. This is just getting embarrassing. Deflection and 'LOL U LOST' - guys, come on.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Where was your outrage with expenses of the Obama family? roflmao

You do realize President Trump is NOT taking a Presidential paycheck like Barry did right?

you mean that whopping 400 thou?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

bless your heart.

edit on 19-2-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

his not taking the salary is an indicator he's PLAYING you. he KNOWS how much he's going to be enriched by this presidency. biggest con job ever.

edit on 19-2-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join