It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump family trips cost taxpayers $11.3m in one month – almost as much as Obama’s cost in a year

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So about 10 mill a year on average for Obama..trump is 11 mill in a month.
Math is cool.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Maybe if the radical leftists stop trying to threaten their lives they wouldn't need so much protection.
edit on 20-2-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I've always looked at Republican candidates with interest, how they always promise when on the campaign trail to reduce government regulation, waste, expenditures and taxes if elected. And when they win, they do just that; except when they don't.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Where was your outrage with expenses of the Obama family? roflmao

You do realize President Trump is NOT taking a Presidential paycheck like Barry did right?

The President makes $400,000 per year. Trump has spent 30 times that on personal travel expenses (not business travel, personal) and billed the government for it, in his first month in office.

While I don't really care about this, millions don't count as real money in government budgets it does point out the hypocricy of ultra fiscal conservatives that ok Trumps personal spending while demonizing Obama's.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
He pays for security at Trump tower. I think many here are confused about the secret service. A detail is assigned to a person for example his wife and son may have about 6 agents assigned to them. Trump closer to 10. These expenses do not change no matter where they are located. The only expense taxpayers would have is transportation costs. What we should be asking is why 3 trips for airforce one to go to Florida should cost 11 million thats alot of jet fuel for a short trip.

It's more than jet fuel, it's also things like hotel costs, and even food will run a bit. When Trump is staying in DC his security detail already has housing provided, that they cover out of their own paychecks. When traveling, those agents have to rent apartments for a long term detail like at Trump Tower or hotel rooms such as Trumps Florida visit. For security reasons, hotel rooms are usually rented out of the same hotel. So Trump gets to charge the government for hotel rooms for his entourage.

The whole problem here though isn't those costs, when it's necessary government business that's one thing. This isn't necessary though. The millions we're paying to secure Trump Tower isn't necessary. Trump is taking personal vacations to his own private resort every weekend, and then turning that into a money making opportunity for himself.

Should the government be spending millions upon millions of dollars on what is quickly turning into Trumps side job rather than official business?
edit on 20-2-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i find the topic interesting. it sounds like the real costs are on the family side which isnt really something u can blame trump himself for. they have to provide security for the family of presidents so as to ensure their safety. im not sure how to feel about this. on one hand a large family is going to be expensive to protect, but should we base whos a viable candidate on family size and the costs that come with it? i feel like wed be missing out on potentially great candidates over time if were willing to disqualify someone just cause they have alot of kids. on the other hand we are the ones footing the bill and in the end this number is just going to continue to grow even if Trump himself never stepped foot out of the whitehouse.
edit on 20-2-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

You do realize President Trump is NOT taking a Presidential paycheck like Barry did right?

The President makes $400,000 per year. Trump has spent 30 times that on personal travel expenses (not business travel, personal) and billed the government for it, in his first month in office.

While I don't really care about this, millions don't count as real money in government budgets it does point out the hypocricy of ultra fiscal conservatives that ok Trumps personal spending while demonizing Obama's.
Really? How about none of you Obama supporters were worried about the cost of Obama vacations now here you are screaming and yelling. What utter political bias and hypocrisy. You all defended every little thing Obama did from using Air Force One for private vacations to bombing Syria to going into Libya without Congress to using drones to kill American citizens abroad. TPTB have it out for Trump for exactly the reason you guys have supported their most favorite son.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

oh yes what was it several billion Obama gave to Iran who then immediately went into nuke mode... I swear people's priorities are screwed up. Not to
Mention the real costs of Obamacare. Really I think a lot of this is just fluff to make people focus away from what's really happening which is Obama is engaging in sedition currently. For us to have to pay extra security while a former Prez goes on a seditious rampage right in our own country . He friggin turned us into a banana republic. And y'all are standing by. It won't be me reporting to the Karmic Board that I stood around while a former Prez does his utmost to destroy us.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Give me a President who does as much positive work in a month as Barry did in 8 years, and he can have his vacations.

So can the next President, should he pass my prerequisite of actually doing work!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

His family spends 11 million per month, times 4 years( =48 months) . So 11 xs 48 = 528 million.

And trump is going to for go the 1.6 million salary for that period... how charitable?!?!

Lol and Obama didn't spend 10 million a year...

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: EyeKyu

Give me a President who does as much positive work in a month as Barry did in 8 years, and he can have his vacations.

It's easy to break stuff that took years to build. Let's see what Trump builds, besides his own family's wealth and fame and Trump resorts and retail lines.
edit on 21-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: EyeKyu

It's easy to break stuff that took years to build. Let's see what Trump builds, besides his own family's wealth and fame and Trump resorts and retail lines.

Yeah it gets frustrating seeing the literal ignorance of comments like that. For anyone to claim Obama did nothing good, whether you like him or not means one of three thIngs:

1. You have literally no idea about politics or the economy
2. You're lying because you're a fanboy
3. You're one of the blind faith crowd and genuinely believe it based on absolutely nothing.

None of these are good.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Some people just not good at basic math..maybe DeVos will make math great again.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Is that because the Obamas usually went places together and the Trumps ate roaming separately?

Obama family vacations
edit on 21-2-2017 by intrptr because: added images

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Probably more to do with 3 vacation's in 4 weeks.
The 11 mill does not even account for lost revenues for the areas that get shut down at dear leaders vacation spot.
edit on 21-2-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Everybody is a hypocrite, and nobody takes responsibility. For the next 4 years, every time Trump does something that the GOP would have complained about if a Democrat was in office, the GOP will say, well the Democrats did it!

And vice versa.

Sad really. All because of partisan ego.

~Tenth

Like deporting illegals or increasing the law to get a handle on crime? I didn't hear any right wingers complaining when Clinton and Obama both did it.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

did you read the op? trumps vacations cost almost as much in one month as obamas cost in an entire year!! trump saves the us taxpayer 400,000 in presidential salary but will cost us in an extra 121 million in vacation money? sounds reasonable.

oh man i can't wait to see how trump supporters will justify this.

How does it feel knowing your tax dollars are going towards something you don't support?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

And he damn well should take a salary, not taking one is actually incredibly dangerous mindset for POTUS.

www.politico.com...

his first broadcast interview as president-elect, Donald Trump pledged that he will accept as little of the presidential salary as he can get away with. “I think I have to by law take $1, so I’ll take $1 a year,” he told CBS’ Lesley Stahl. “$400,000 you’re giving up,” she responded, as if this were some sort of public-spirited sacrifice.

It is anything but a sacrifice. The precedent of insisting that the president accept a salary—not in his interest, but in the public interest—is as old as the first Congress, even older. The American Framers considered payment of the presidential salary an important duty under the Constitution, and the principle that moved them then matters just as much as it ever did: It confirms that the president serves the public, and not the other way around. If the Founders’ reasons were good enough to persuade George Washington, our first independently wealthy president, they should be good enough for Donald Trump.

But then again, this election proves something about America.

Everybody is a hypocrite, and nobody takes responsibility. For the next 4 years, every time Trump does something that the GOP would have complained about if a Democrat was in office, the GOP will say, well the Democrats did it!

And vice versa.

Sad really. All because of partisan ego.

~Tenth

Did you have the same concerns when Barry was POTUS?

Sorry, but I don't recall any of the concerns you are showing now, that you are since Trump was elected?

That's because he wasn't told by the media or social media to be angry about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: underwerks
And where does the money go that's spent at his Golf clubs during his weekend stays?

Seeing as his he hasn't divested from his businesses like he promised, directly back to the Trump organization.

Why stay at the white house when you can pay yourself to stay at your own Club in sunny Florida? I mean, it's just the taxpayers money..

Who cares!

Those of us who voted for Trump voted AGAINST YOU!

Suck it up cupcake! No one played more golf as president as far as I know as Obama.

Using your same line of reasoning, you should be just as outraged about Trump, right?

Obama isn't taking your money anymore, Trump is.

I mean, if this is really about the taxpayers money, you should be just as outraged about that, right?

As outraged as you should have been over the last 8 years.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Some people just not good at basic math..maybe DeVos will make math great again.

Yeah? Well, let's just hope it's Matthew 7:12!!

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets

news flash courtesy of tuesday afternoon: That is The Golden Rule. (All my "Bible loving" pals might be interested to see that I managed, single-handedly, to find a connection between THE GOLDEN RULE and THE BIBLE! Who wooduh thunk?!! Me, an agnostic at best(!), who thinks the Bible should be shelved with ancient mythology immediately!)
but somehow I don't see any evidence of the Betster doing this......and to speak of her as if she gets "math" is really, well, a stretch.
Anyway -- welcome to ATS. I think I'm glad you're here!
edit on 2/21/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join