It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump family trips cost taxpayers $11.3m in one month – almost as much as Obama’s cost in a year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I guess it's not going to be cheap to 'make America great again':

Donald Trump’s family’s trips have cost taxpayers nearly as much in a month as Barack Obama’s cost in an entire year.

The US President’s three visits to his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida since his presidential inauguration, combined with his sons’ business trips, reportedly cost $11.3m (£9.1m).

www.independent.co.uk...

This is of course the first month of Trumps presidency gone so possibly these costs will go down? I doubt it personally. The complaints we got here about Obama golfing, the cost of protecting the Obama family, that article from India about it costing something like a $billion for the Obamas to go there, which turned out to be false. We heard none stop complaints. Now it's looking like the Trumps are set to make a record in cost to the tax payer.
edit on 19-2-2017 by Southern Guardian because: Title

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Where was your outrage with expenses of the Obama family? roflmao

You do realize President Trump is NOT taking a Presidential paycheck like Barry did right?

edit on 19-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
And where does the money go that's spent at his Golf clubs during his weekend stays?

Seeing as he hasn't divested from his businesses like he promised, directly back to the Trump organization.

Why stay at the white house when you can pay yourself to stay at your own Club in sunny Florida? I mean, it's just the taxpayers money..
edit on 19-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You act like Trump went all by himself, so what's the cost when you host a foreign head of state in DC versus taking Abe to Florida?

The secret service is a fixed cost no matter where Trump or any other President is.

Obama & Bush's little vacations were for the most part not in proportion to the amount of work they actually did while in office. Then there was Mooch's little joy-jaunt to China with her family and all the embarrassment caused by her behavior while in China.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
No idea if this is apples to apples, and if Trump has excess to cut out, if so he should.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
And where does the money go that's spent at his Golf clubs during his weekend stays?

Seeing as his he hasn't divested from his businesses like he promised, directly back to the Trump organization.

Why stay at the white house when you can pay yourself to stay at your own Club in sunny Florida? I mean, it's just the taxpayers money..

Who cares!

Those of us who voted for Trump voted AGAINST YOU!

Suck it up cupcake! No one played more golf as president as far as I know as Obama.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Cool, let's have a race to the bottom.

Which Presidential @ss will spend more taxpayer money on trips?

Obama’s Travel Cost Taxpayers More Than $96 Million
Presidential family took vacations to Aspen, Morocco, Spain, Martha's Vineyard

freebeacon.com...

Obama’s Hawaii Christmas vacations alone cost taxpayers $35 million over 8 years

www.washingtontimes.com...

Report: 8 years of Obama vacations cost $85 million (Hawaii + Others)
www.mcclatchydc.com...

edit on 19-2-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

link   
I guess you need to look at that again, some of that cost was to fly Obama to his vacation that same day and for Air Force one to return back to DC, the cost also cover the out going VP and family, numbers are really out of proportion due to the inauguration. And if I recall it was not a Vacation but a working weekend with the Prime Minister of Japan, its hard to take just a one day vacation, I don't know about the rest of you but I call that a weekend, but if I bring work home its a working weekend.

Lets wait and see how many vacation really happen in the first year before we judge.

link   
Now it all makes sense. He saved taxpayers a billion dollars on the new Air Force One so he could then take one billion in vacations. Brilliant!

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You do realize President Trump is NOT taking a Presidential paycheck like Barry did right?

And he damn well should take a salary, not taking one is actually incredibly dangerous mindset for POTUS.

www.politico.com...

his first broadcast interview as president-elect, Donald Trump pledged that he will accept as little of the presidential salary as he can get away with. “I think I have to by law take $1, so I’ll take $1 a year,” he told CBS’ Lesley Stahl. “$400,000 you’re giving up,” she responded, as if this were some sort of public-spirited sacrifice.

It is anything but a sacrifice. The precedent of insisting that the president accept a salary—not in his interest, but in the public interest—is as old as the first Congress, even older. The American Framers considered payment of the presidential salary an important duty under the Constitution, and the principle that moved them then matters just as much as it ever did: It confirms that the president serves the public, and not the other way around. If the Founders’ reasons were good enough to persuade George Washington, our first independently wealthy president, they should be good enough for Donald Trump.

But then again, this election proves something about America.

Everybody is a hypocrite, and nobody takes responsibility. For the next 4 years, every time Trump does something that the GOP would have complained about if a Democrat was in office, the GOP will say, well the Democrats did it!

And vice versa.

Sad really. All because of partisan ego.

~Tenth

link   

He's using his own money so don't have a cow about it.

+23 more 
link   

did you read the op? trumps vacations cost almost as much in one month as obamas cost in an entire year!! trump saves the us taxpayer 400,000 in presidential salary but will cost us in an extra 121 million in vacation money? sounds reasonable.

oh man i can't wait to see how trump supporters will justify this.

edit on 19-2-2017 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Even if it was true that Trump wasn't accepting compensation for his employment, his piddle 400K doesn't even cover one day of the security at Trump Towers.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

But why would he want to take a salary, people 'tax payers' have paid enough, right?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

And he damn well should take a salary, not taking one is actually incredibly dangerous mindset for POTUS.

www.politico.com...

his first broadcast interview as president-elect, Donald Trump pledged that he will accept as little of the presidential salary as he can get away with. “I think I have to by law take $1, so I’ll take $1 a year,” he told CBS’ Lesley Stahl. “$400,000 you’re giving up,” she responded, as if this were some sort of public-spirited sacrifice.

It is anything but a sacrifice. The precedent of insisting that the president accept a salary—not in his interest, but in the public interest—is as old as the first Congress, even older. The American Framers considered payment of the presidential salary an important duty under the Constitution, and the principle that moved them then matters just as much as it ever did: It confirms that the president serves the public, and not the other way around. If the Founders’ reasons were good enough to persuade George Washington, our first independently wealthy president, they should be good enough for Donald Trump.

But then again, this election proves something about America.

Everybody is a hypocrite, and nobody takes responsibility. For the next 4 years, every time Trump does something that the GOP would have complained about if a Democrat was in office, the GOP will say, well the Democrats did it!

And vice versa.

Sad really. All because of partisan ego.

~Tenth

Did you have the same concerns when Barry was POTUS?

Sorry, but I don't recall any of the concerns you are showing now, that you are since Trump was elected?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Seeing as Trump actually said he wasn't taking a salary, then obviously he isn't. That's not so hard to understand is it.
edit on 19-2-2017 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

link   

I didn't care when the obamas were doing it

I dont care now.

It's the obvious cost of security. The larger the family, the bigger the cost for security detail.

+9 more 
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

He's using his own money so don't have a cow about it.

Did you read the article? Tax payer money.

We're aware he uses his own money in part for some of these trips, events. But it is still costing the tax payer a fortune.

I'll take that cow now.

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Seeing as his he hasn't divested from his businesses like he promised, directly back to the Trump organization.

Who cares!

Those of us who voted for Trump voted AGAINST YOU!

Suck it up cupcake! No one played more golf as president as far as I know as Obama.

Using your same line of reasoning, you should be just as outraged about Trump, right?

Obama isn't taking your money anymore, Trump is.

I mean, if this is really about the taxpayers money, you should be just as outraged about that, right?

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You're wrong about that too!!!

5x as much golfing as Tiger Obama in the same amount of time.

Suck it up buttercup, you voted for a hypocrite!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join