It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump family trips cost taxpayers $11.3m in one month – almost as much as Obama’s cost in a year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

If his charity is going to charity, then that is hope fullfilled is it not?

People like to complain about Trump like pharisees complained about jesus christ. wine wine wine. People need to chil, they're way too uptight.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Thank you for proving my point. The right-wingers (and hell, the left-wingers at "fake news" Washington Post) spent eight years detailing every dollar spent on President Obama and family traveling. The grand total according to a pro-Trump poster's source in a nother thread from yesterday or Friday was $96 million for eight years.

So is it less fair to keep track of the travel expenses of President Trump and family?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: underwerks
And where does the money go that's spent at his Golf clubs during his weekend stays?

Seeing as his he hasn't divested from his businesses like he promised, directly back to the Trump organization.

Why stay at the white house when you can pay yourself to stay at your own Club in sunny Florida? I mean, it's just the taxpayers money..

Who cares!

Those of us who voted for Trump voted AGAINST YOU!

Suck it up cupcake! No one played more golf as president as far as I know as Obama.

Using your same line of reasoning, you should be just as outraged about Trump, right?

Obama isn't taking your money anymore, Trump is.

I mean, if this is really about the taxpayers money, you should be just as outraged about that, right?

Selective prosecution, Confirmation bias, hypocrisy! Take your pick? All I am saying is that the OP chose to ignore the cost of the vacations of the Obama family and now Trump who isn't even drawing a paycheck from the tax payers as president is a BIG DEAL?

You go with your bad self! I am loving welcoming into my family those Democrats whom have been disowned by the Progressives whom have taken over their political party!

So you admit you're no different from what you accuse the OP of?

I pick the hypocrisy option from the list in your post.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Noone play as much golf as the D. Period

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Some people are now outraged because the secret service gets paid to protect his family and him? Does that mean that only 60 million americans are interested in the safety of their own president? This is just scary.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Wrong. It's unconstitutional for the President to NOT take a salary, and Congress did not change that for Trump!

Trump IS taking a salary. If he chooses to donate that salary, that's his business, because it's HIS SALARY!

You think it will be like all of the other donations he and his organization have promised and didn't deliver on?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Those people don't really care about America or Americans. They were the brain dead that were "fundamentally transformed" during the Obama administration. They are something else now. I heard they use the Constitution for toilet paper.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

If his charity is going to charity, then that is hope fullfilled is it not?

People like to complain about Trump like pharisees complained about jesus christ. wine wine wine. People need to chil, they're way too uptight.

I said I hope its not something to be put into his foundation, which has already misused funds that should only go direct to a charity.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Black_Fox

Thank you for proving my point. The right-wingers (and hell, the left-wingers at "fake news" Washington Post) spent eight years detailing every dollar spent on President Obama and family traveling. The grand total according to a pro-Trump poster's source in a nother thread from yesterday or Friday was $96 million for eight years.

So is it less fair to keep track of the travel expenses of President Trump and family?

I also posted how much money is wasted on other countries.
When we have people to take care of here, and problems here.

But silence on that?

I don't know if you concerned about American tax dollars being spent here or there, or if your really butt hurt about Trump being in office.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Of course, anyone who merely applies the same logic applied to Obama for 8 years is brain-dead and un-American.

Do some of you REALLY believe that if we disagree with your beliefs that makes us "unAmerican"?

Let's stay in the realm of somewhat consensus reality please; some of this is starting to look like bald-faced lies.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Oh, I'm sure that it'll go through the Trump Foundation first, once restored, before being donated to the Treasury Department. Funny that, I don't recall the Treasury Department being a qualifying charity. But, I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I'll pray for you. And for charities everywhere.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Those people don't really care about America or Americans. They were the brain dead that were "fundamentally transformed" during the Obama administration. They are something else now. I heard they use the Constitution for toilet paper.

Still waiting for that source for your proclamation that the money is going back to the treasury.

You said it as an absolute and I'd like to read the facts on that, so would others like Tenth who also asked you to provide a source.

Take your time.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Lets do math,
Obama was the 44th president,

That means there was 43 before him.

And those 43 accumulated x amount of debt,

Where as Obama alone doubled the total debt my himself in 8 years.

That's impressive.

Silly numbers.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Lets do math,

That's impressive.

Silly numbers.

2trillion of that "doubling" was actually the cost of the War on Terror and only accumulated after Bush left office.

Secondly you've heard of inflation, right?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Lets do math,

That's impressive.

Silly numbers.

2trillion of that "doubling" was actually the cost of the War on Terror and only accumulated after Bush left office.

I've heard of excuses.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Nothing says selfless like soaking up the fattest paycheck in all the civil servant land.

Cmon man, this has to be the weakest logic I've seen against Trump. Does every single little thing have to be spun into a negative? A bunch of people hate Trump and want to see him go down as a demon monkey, fine, well if he really is a demon monkey then quit crapping the bed and just give it time... patience grasshoppahs....

edit on 19-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Lets do math,

That's impressive.

Silly numbers.

I've heard of excuses.

Ahh so flat out denial, and I expected better to be honest.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Come back in four years, set a reminder.

Currently $19t...

We shall see how well Trump does.

Wooooooo look at it grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and.......

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

a reply to: Southern Guardian

Where was your outrage with expenses of the Obama family? roflmao

You do realize President Trump is NOT taking a Presidential paycheck like Barry did right?

And he damn well should take a salary, not taking one is actually incredibly dangerous mindset for POTUS.

www.politico.com...

his first broadcast interview as president-elect, Donald Trump pledged that he will accept as little of the presidential salary as he can get away with. “I think I have to by law take $1, so I’ll take $1 a year,” he told CBS’ Lesley Stahl. “$400,000 you’re giving up,” she responded, as if this were some sort of public-spirited sacrifice.

It is anything but a sacrifice. The precedent of insisting that the president accept a salary—not in his interest, but in the public interest—is as old as the first Congress, even older. The American Framers considered payment of the presidential salary an important duty under the Constitution, and the principle that moved them then matters just as much as it ever did: It confirms that the president serves the public, and not the other way around. If the Founders’ reasons were good enough to persuade George Washington, our first independently wealthy president, they should be good enough for Donald Trump.

But then again, this election proves something about America.

Everybody is a hypocrite, and nobody takes responsibility. For the next 4 years, every time Trump does something that the GOP would have complained about if a Democrat was in office, the GOP will say, well the Democrats did it!

And vice versa.

Sad really. All because of partisan ego.

~Tenth

I've commented multiple times since the election that this is exactly what's put us into the position we're in now: nobody gives a rats # about "their guy" being better than everybody else. When "their guy" does something ignorant and assclown-ish it's okay because "the other guy" did something ignorant and assclown-ish too!

"I don't want your turd in office, I want my turd! I know they're both turds, but at least this turd is my turd and now I can make faces and say nanny-nanny-boo-boo to you for four years!" - American politics in a nutshell, for all our non American ATS'ers

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'ts not weak logic, it's a constitutional requirement.

Conservatives should be all about this.

I'm not one of these Never Trumpers. I'd like to see him do well, I agree with him on certain issues like I have any other POTUS.

What I am not going to do is let conservatives give Trump a free pass, and not hold his feet to the fire when he does something against what you all stand for. Conservatives would be better served for it as well, maybe then there'd be less talk of all these obvious distractions, and more serious commentary and movement on his policy agenda.

~Tenth

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join