It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 190
<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hello Shedisans -

Hope you all had a good weekend! I've come to work today to get some rest. Sheesh!

Hello to LookingForABetterLife - welcome to the Shed!

Hi Jacy, Admin, Chirp, Lags, and Night!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Good luck to Paul. Keep us updated Honey! I still feel sooo bad for not putting your ATS Anniversary thread up sooner. I was so caught up with family stuff and getting Easter bags made for kids and had company etc. I thought I still had a few days to check the list I had and saw your Anniversary and freaked! Then I noticed I was up late enough for it to turn into a new day and it was someone else's Birthday.

I have to throw up an Anniversary thread on my Birthday. LOL I'd better when I'm up late and it turns into the next day. LOL

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hello Shep Hun! Need coffee and something to eat, but I'll be popping back in.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Night - Since I lurk on weekends it actually worked out perfectly! It was waiting when I logged in and what a wonderful Monday surprise!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Your Mother was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of Elderberries.

That is all.

PS - I'm back.

bigG

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

My first visit to the ER was in November as I was coughing and having trouble breathing a great deal. They wrote it off to an infection and bronchitis. Somewhere around this time I also saw my dad's allergy doctor who gave me some inhalers for asthma. Over the next few months things seemed to be improving somewhat. I only had breathing problems when I used stairs. I thought that was caused by dragging around my beer belly with me. February came and so did more breathing problems. Tiredness was happening but I thought that was just me.* That's when dad suggested I go to the ER again. Apparently the heart failure was caused by the infection and water buildup in my lungs and heart.

I understand that using his own tissue will be the best route for Paul. Best of wishes to both of you.

It's time for a short break but I will return.

*As I had no clue that I was endanger of having hear failure I researched all the symptoms I was having and they all were associated with having an enlarged prostrate. I had no clue that my body was failing me due to the lack of oxygen.

edit on 4 17 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

LOL - Hi Gordi!

a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

*waves at Looking and raises a tankard of stout*

What? It's 5:00 somewhere...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Jess, the med in an injectable kind. I know with pills they can get free samples.

Welcome back home Gordi!

LFABL, we need a nickname for you because we are lazy in here. What shall we call you???? Thanks for reminding me about laundry. I have now started my own.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Leave it to you to make an appearance! LOL So good to have you back!

a reply to: TNMockingbird
Chirp you do have your hands full!!!! Paul isn’t too bad of a patient. The hardest part is keeping him from running. He wants to run and can’t so it’s killing him! He starts trying to negotiate but I am a drill Sargent. I have no problem telling him no. Saturday I told him to eat ice cream instead, LOL!

Hey Shep is the car behaving a little better this week? Actually had to go to work today?

The warning signs really don’t tell you much, which is scary. We knew Paul was born with a hole in his heart so they have always monitored him. BUT he ran a half marathon at the beginning of March so he has actually felt good, his numbers just look really bad!

OK everyone, it is almost time for me to spring this joint and head home. Woohoo!!!! I will be back by this evening.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Greetings to Prairie, Gordie, and Night.

Nice to see you here this afternoon.

Night - As I can no longer jump start my brain with caffeine I am having trouble coming up with a nickname. I'm open for suggesting. PM me if needed.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Greetings to Prairie, Gordie, and Night.

Nice to see you here this afternoon.

Night - As I can no longer jump start my brain with caffeine I am having trouble coming up with a nickname. I'm open for suggesting. PM me if needed.

Hi.
Sorry to just barge in, but I just renamed you in Marty's birthday thread, lol.
For me anyways, every time I've seen you post somewhere...in my head I thought "Oh, blue dude!"...and no, I'm not a weird stalker, we just apparently hit the same threads.

As for all the serious medical talk earlier, I'm not going to go there just yet. I'm mostly aware of what some of you are dealing with, and that's why I sometimes don't want to come here and bitch & whine (already admitted to that in Marty's party)...so yeah, you guys are warriors for real.
Also much of my own strength comes from you all having to be strong...so thank you! (and now I'm going to finish reading the page)
jacy

Edit to add: Flopping around laughing here as I just posted and saw that I actually was...at the bottom of the page. Such a dork...hehe....
edit on 17-4-2017 by jacygirl because: I'm a bitching, whining dork. I admit it. Ugh, the interview...it's like he gave me truth serum or something. Must pontificate. Conundrum. Facetious. ?? No new word yet.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Jess, I just love the faery globe!!!!

LF, I have no idea what to call you. LF is really short. LOL If you have a first name you'd like us to use, or a nickname other people call you, just let us know. I'll laugh if it's Mike or Dave. We have more than one of each of those.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

GAH! Too many people in here at one time or another have said things like they don't want to come in here and whine or bring the shed down etc. That is one of the things I scold people about. LOL We are the shed and we have all shared our good days and bad with each other. Some stay away for a while and that's ok if they need time to feel more like themselves and want to participate in some way, but never feel that you shouldn't share anything you need to share.

Just because one person may have it worse than another, it does not invalidate what another may be going through. We love you and care about you whether you are being hysterically funny or if you are struggling through with something.

With so many of us going through crap, it's nice to know we can share with each other and lift each other up when we are down. At the very least, we know we are never alone. HUGS!

edit on 17-4-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Okay my nickname is down to Blue Dude or Blue Man.

Blue Dude fits me and my avatar better even though it looks nothing like me.

edit on 4 17 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

So if I'm extra lazy can I just call you Blue?

OH laundry is ready for the dryer and I still haven't had lunch. Be back.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Blue will work when needed.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

(I'm going to whisper because Night Star just went off on a love-rant on me, because she is wonderful...but I feel bad for upsetting her, so feel free to whine with me/us at any time).

I have nicknames for everyone, some multiple...just like I've always done with my pets/fur babies. (It's a compliment, I swear!)

Night Star, when I refer to her (to my hubby)...I have to say "Rhode Island with the Chop"...so he remembers who I mean. That has been shortened recently to "Rhode Island Chop" and (just for my own amusement) "Rhode Island Red".
*smirk*

TNMockingbird, is Chirp and also the "Thelma" to my "Louise". (yes, she is the one who gets Brad Pitt, you don't have to bother googling I already did). I have to refer to her as "My Thelma & Louise friend"...and he nods.

Our albino ferret began life as "Fatima". (He bought her before we met, he gave her the ultimate Portuguese name, lol).
It didn't suit her. She was "Stinky Pink" because she was white & pink, reminded me of "Stinky and the Brain" tv show, and it just seemed cuter. She ended up being plain ole "Stinky"...and I lost part of my heart when she went.

I'm just spilling my guts today...it's like confession. I have names for all y'all, lol. None of them are negative. Hope that's okay. I won't tell anymore without permission.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

like you, i have nick names for my kitties. several names at that. "cat" is the easiest one to use if i can't figure out which one it is.

in time i'll catch on to you names for all the shedonians here.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I've posted another episode of Falling. You can use the link in my .sig file or follow this one here: Falling: An Epic Fantasy - Dredged to the Surface

Oh, it just needed the battery charged. Sure was nice to work from home in my PJs though. LOL
Our car issues are not over, though. We have a new(ish) van that is our primary, and I drive a beater 21-year-old, 233K mile Honda which has recently been declared unsafe to drive. SO, sometime soon Mrs. Shepherd and I will need to go car shopping. Hoping to postpone it until August when the new model year gets released and we can hopefully get a deal on a 2017.

Ugh. Cars make me crazy. I really wish I could just use something like this most interesting vehicle!

*Shep updates his Shed contact list, typing furiously*
Got it - Blue Dude it is! Love it!

edit on 4-17-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Hi! Yay! More story!
*scampers off*

I'm almost afraid to read in case your icy chip came back.

new topics

top topics

<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join