It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 192
<< 189  190  191    193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
This is sad. I realize I'm probably a sheltered, naive boy at heart, but I just honestly don't understand why people get nasty with each other. Why be malicious, or snide? Exactly what does it accomplish? Does it honestly make a person feel better, to put yourself above someone else like that?

Big props to you for keeping your cool. I would have probably walked out or gotten all red in the face, only to go home and take out my frustrations on my weight bench.

You are here among kind people and friends. Here - have a donut. I've got chocolate old-fashioned, chocolate-chocolate cake, red velvet with cream cheese frosting, and maple-frosted eclairs with bacon on top. Take your pick!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
It just doesn't make sense to me, why people go around acting nasty to others.

But I suppose the old adage (is it really old? I guess I don't know?) makes sense: "Hurt people hurt people."

It makes me sad.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Oh, for sure. Hurt people hurt people.
They are projecting their own feelings of low self-esteem, self-hatred, guilt, shame, etc...etc...
(I've been reading/studying this for years.)

Once you realize this, it makes it much easier to deal with although it still hurts.

The only thing that you can control is your own reaction to it. By not returning the emotionally negative energy to them you virtually take the wind from their sails.

If someone hurts my feelings now I no longer feel the need to respond by hurting them back. I have consciously worked on this and it helps me to feel in control of myself, instead of allowing knee-jerk emotional responses.

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people secretly feel very unhappy with themselves for reasons I will likely never know. They may attempt to take it out on me, but I'm not usually ever the real cause of their misery.
The biggest bullies I've ever known were hurting children inside. (It doesn't make their behaviour acceptable, but at least I have an idea of who/what I'm dealing with.)

jacy-who-is-sorry-she-is-so-long-winded-today

edit on 17-4-2017 by jacygirl because: spelling

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I normally give people a chance. For the most part a vulture doesn't care what you are as long as they can get something from you be it physically or mentally.

edit on 17-4-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
Man, I can't go anywhere without meeting other railfans..... LOL
Glad, to know I ain't the only one around here!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Hey Tarzan!

Yes, very true.
I am just about to log off and get something to eat when I saw your post.

Vultures or 'predators' as I call them, they are good at finding prey/victims.

Some people might not consider how their family members treat them as abusive, but really...a lot of it is.
The problem is that the angry nasty person is really unhappy inside, and they are lashing out or belittling others, to make themselves feel better about themselves.
Those of us who don't do that find it hard to relate, but if you've ever lived with a bully/abuser and heard about their life...you'll usually find some pain or trauma that has never healed and still hurts.

What the world needs now, is love...sweet love. Yes those are song lyrics but they're true.
Also the very opposite of what society is teaching.

Oh, there is also a face-book support group for 'Abandoned Parents'. If you are estranged from either your parents or your children, it's worth a look. Many sad stories there.

The more we are technologically connected, the less we are heart connected.
The Shed makes sense. (someone please tell Augustus that)

Off to dine, on donuts and wine....(I wish)
See you in the morning.
jacy

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400
Hopefully you are not as derailed as I am.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I've already done that this week! Don't need to derail myself again.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hey everyone! Home laid back and relaxed. Now I need to catch up!
Zoe wanted to say Hi! LOL

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Welcome back. I have dinner and laundry completed so I'm here as well.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If cooch get's you talking trains we might just have a nice convo to sit back and listen to.......
Then I can play on of his videos for the sounds! Haha~
So what was for dinner? We have Canjun Kabasie thing Paul makes, spicey but good. I'm going to read Shep's latest entry and then do homework I reckon....maybe.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Tonights dinner was pork chops, well seasoned, mac and cheese, corn, and broccoli.

It was pretty good as I'm still trying to get used to a low sodium diet thanks

to my heart.

edit on 4 17 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hmmmmm wonder if that is something we will have to do? Since his is a birth defeat some stuff he doesn't have to do but other's he does. I hate salt so it won't bother me, but he loves it!

OMGosh Paul's daughter bought us some of the most amazing mac & cheese ever! It was from this BBQ place called Smoke. It was Mac & Cheese and it pulled pork bbq all mixed in with it. Urg, I'm getting hungry now and the closest chain to me is 3 hours away!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

My sympathies in the loss of your Grandmother. I barely knew one of my Grandmothers because she spoke French and very little English. I was close to my other Grandmother who passed away many, many years ago and both my Grandfathers died before I was born. I have lost both my Parents, most of Aunts and Uncles, only one Aunt left, as well as friends and then a lot of people on my Husband's side.

I've had to bite my tongue many times with different family members for different reasons. I do however lash out when I've had enough of someone being rude or unkind to another family member or myself. Then the wildcat comes out. ROAR! LOL

chief'smom, you will always find peace and kindness here as well love and laughter. Hugs to you! And to whoever may need one.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

His doctors will most likely insist on a low sodium diet. The hard part is reading all the labels at the grocery store to find the food with the least amount of salt in it. Say goodbye to sausage unless it's a small amount of turkey sausage. Otherwise buy ground pork and make your own.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Like you Jacy, I never would have made it through all the things I've been through if it wasn't for the sheddites here and other kind folks throughout the site.

I can't count all the times I have had to deal with one emergency after the other through the years with my elderly Parents and my Husband's health issues. I lived on edge all the time, fearing every time the phone would ring. I looked after everyone in whatever ways I could for years. When I had my cancer, I needed help myself and was still trying to look after Mom and help her, but there came a time, I couldn't do anything I was so weak and tired and sickly.

I'll never forget one time when Mom was passed out on the floor and I was sitting in a chair next to her waiting for an ambulance to arrive. I was fighting for my own life and didn't know if my Mom would make it or what was wrong. I just cried like a baby. It was too much for me. People were always here for me in the shed. Amazing people that I am proud to call friends.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Sorry guys, I'm behind and trying to catch up. Be with you soon.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
It just doesn't make sense to me, why people go around acting nasty to others.

But I suppose the old adage (is it really old? I guess I don't know?) makes sense: "Hurt people hurt people."

It makes me sad.

It is sad Shep, very sad. I once kept everything inside and it stressed me out so much. I can't stand others being so rude or obnoxious or feeling above others in importance. Now I keep saying that I am at an age where I'm not going to take it anymore and sometimes people need to be put in their place. I talk calmly to the other person, trying to make them understand how words are powerful and how much they can hurt others. It takes a LOT to really piss me off and I have a lot of patience with my family and friends. So if someone upsets me enough, then I raise my voice and put them in their place. They always apologize after and feel really bad about what they said or did, but why wait for anything to get to that level?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Sorry for all the long posts. I missed a lot in here. Jess and Blue, you guys made me hungry. Now I'll have to go see what I can eat.

Jess, you have a Siamese too????? Does yours like to talk a lot too? Sometimes Kya and I have conversations. Have no clue what we are saying to each other, but I try to imitate his different meows. Sometimes he is quite intelligent and it's like wow, he understands what I'm saying.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We get a lot from your post no matter how long or short they may be.

My children are two black kitties. They had different parents and were born years apart. Despite that they act like twins. They were best buddies from the start. The only difference is the older one prefers soft food and the younger one only eats hard cat food.

top topics

<< 189  190  191    193  194 >>

join