It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: rioters at Berkeley were actually "Right wing" agent provocateurs.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
Obviously I dont have concrete proof, but to me it sounds like the "conservative media" comes out ahead on every event like this, and that some people in their camp could logically be trying to paint the other side in this manner, because if thats what they're trying it obviously works.

So far, the conservative media is doing a solid job of not letting the bad guys control the narrative.

The end game for the antifa-type groups (aka "New American Fascists") is to trigger confrontation. What they want is another Kent State. That one photo of a protesting lying dead in a pool of blood will completely eclipse everything that they have done to reach that stage, and they know it.

Which raises the question of what they will do with that new control over the narrative. Not entirely sure yet, but it won't be good for anyone except themselves.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: D8Tee

It's not a hoax. CNN accurately states rumors and that's what it is. Since when do you have a problem with rumors?

Milo likes to prank. It's probably true. He probably is behind it just to enjoy the aftermath. His top goal is to make the left look bad. This brings him success and he's the one to gain from a left-wing 'riot' whether real or not.

Which means this thread isn't a hoax at all... but a rumor that may be true. Welcome to ATS.

But this is an insane way to do journalism.

Watch this.

I heard that the Obama plans to run for a third term and vows to kill all white people if he wins.

There we go CNN! They should now have people on a panel discussing the ramifications of this. After all they would just be reporting on a rumor, and thats perfectly legitimate.

Hell, why stop there. CNN should just hire a panel of rumor spreaders that can literally make up any news they want. Then they wouldn't have to do all of the difficult work of actually covering things that happen in the world, they could just report the rumors that they themselves made up.

Then if any called them out, you could defend them by saying they are just reporting rumors, whats wrong with that.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

In general, it's not good for news networks to have talking heads who are only relaying rumors without facts to back it up. Now, you could point out the facts connecting Milo to Breitbart to Bannon to Trump--- and it's STILL not right for a major media to feed the rumors unless they have some kind of investigative facts to indicate an actual conspiracy.

So we agree on that.

This has a lot to do with the FOX effect starting in 2003 with their nationalism but particularly in 2008 the way FOX pushed rumors as facts to their viewers. For instance, in their "opinion" shows people make outrageous suggestions about conspiracy, secret Muslim, etc... People then talk about what the FOX Opinion shows said... and then the FOX News portion picks it up with... "A lot of people are saying...."

This is all bad.

News media are businesses. They are witnessing a country that cares less about facts and more about mud slinging and conspiracy. It's not going to be good for anyone. Why would CNN want to miss out on those FOX ratings? You give the people what they want, yes? FOX feeds their viewers bullsh#t and they love it. Of course other networks are eventually going to pick up on the strategy.

All this troll empowering and news media rumor sh#t slinging is terrible for this country. It's a hate factory. I don't see how this doesn't end in a Civil War.

edit on 5-2-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Too many words for a Sunday morning

Bottom line, it's too late to be bothered by this kind of journalism... just as it'll be too late to be bothered when a left-wing troll like Milo emerges. It's all sh#t for shat.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
A number of them have already been identify has Berkeley staffers. A simple google will get you the results.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

Yes, but a lot of people are saying these rioters could be connected to Brietbart, Milo, and Bannon.... and at this point there is too much to ignore.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I heard it was Black Bloc.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I heard it was Black Bloc.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: StookieWilliams

It is. some people can't stop believing their own delusions and think we have to get paid.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: amfirst1

Yes, but a lot of people are saying these rioters could be connected to Brietbart, Milo, and Bannon.... and at this point there is too much to ignore.

Apparently some people think that the whiny snowflake SWJs who need to hug teddy bears in their safe spaces suddenly donned black clothes and ski masks and started beating up on people with baseball bats. Sounds reasonable, no? Incidentally, Black Bloc agrees with the Tea Party that the government that governs least governs best.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

1. Black Bloc tactics have been used in various formats for centuries worldwide

2. anarchist do NOT believe in the same things as the Tea Party

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: DJW001

1. Black Bloc tactics have been used in various formats for centuries worldwide

2. anarchist do NOT believe in the same things as the Tea Party

Also, they apparently don't have a sense of humor.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
ive never seen those masked hooded people. must be agent provocateurs.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It is funny to read from forum members who believe this to be a lie but will believe that the democrats do this based only on a blog. YouTube...etc.

If one is possible than of course all are possible, do I believe this to be true? I am not sure although I would not put it past the republican party to do this.

Unless there is solid proof of both side participating in this, I will withhold my judgement.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

What do you call people who turn up at a peaceful protest and try to turn it into a violent riot?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

What do you call people who turn up at a peaceful protest and try to turn it into a violent riot?

Democrats?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: DJW001

Democrats?

So those were Democrats setting the Maidan on fire?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: gladtobehere

Who's behind CNN, what is their agenda?
Fox needs to expose these guys.
They've gone nuts.
Get some journalistic integrity and quit reporting rumours.

And in the meantime it's just fine for Fox News to outright lie and call it entertainment

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There were a lot of things going on simultaneously. We know that Refuse Fascism, a Soros funded group, was there. We also know he has been behind a lot of agitators in the past. We also know that Project Veritas, a right-oriented group, infiltrated the protestors and posed as lefties. We also know the CIA, FBI, and DEA have been doing stuff like this for years too. Maybe someone is pushing for division and wants a civil war. Maybe Trump and/or the right is trying to perpetuate the left's lack or tolerance. Maybe it was a completely natural event and there was no cointelpro happening at all.

There are a lot of options.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join