It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2017

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
‘War will see Japan under radioactive clouds before any country’ – N. Korean state media

“In case of a nuclear war on the peninsula, Japan that houses logistic bases, launching bases and sortie bases of the U.S. forces will be put under radioactive clouds before any country,” state-run Rodong Sinmun newspaper said on Wednesday.

The newspaper reminded Tokyo of its previous experience involving nuclear weapons, stating that the country would become the number one target for a North Korean strike as it housed US forces and would be “put under radioactive clouds before any country.”

“If Japan is truly concerned about its interests, it has to make due efforts for the peaceful settlement of the Korean peninsula issue,” the commentary reads.

“As the first country in the world that suffered A-bomb disaster, Japan knows better than others how terrible the nuclear disaster is.”

I been saying it all year. The only valid target for a NK nuke strike is Japan. Then Guam of course. I suppose he could use chemical weapons on the south though.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I don't doubt they are a target, as is Guam, and any U.S assets in the ocean nearby. But at present, to our knowledge, Kim can't put a nuclear warhead on a ballistic missile (yet). Any sub activity would certainly be detected as well imho. So I don't see a suicide sub scenario honestly.

His conventional artillery aimed at Seoul is the huge issue. Also the delivery of chemical weapons via that artillery and ballistic missiles.

The latter two are hindering any actions we may take at present, again imho.

I still feel it may be telling that he has thus far avoided testing additional longer range ICBMs as well as not pushing the button on that sixth nuclear test. I think he needs to go as soon as possible. But in the shorter term, time benefits us more than his regime.
edit on 3-5-2017 by Sagacity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

good points...

What One has to do is logically conclude that NK will not have the resources or expertise to make and deploy 'Super Weapons'

... the Leader Kim and the NK masses-&-Military can only remain the 'Proxy Army' of both Russia & China...

It is They (Russia or China) who will provide the hypersonic torpedos known as 'Carrier Killers' ....

It is China or Russia who will pass on the technology to mount NK made Nukes on ICBMs -->or even the means to mount MIRV's on the NK hybrid Scud missiles for use on Taiwan or Japan...

Face the raw facts.... NK with nukes, is a lot better Proxy Army for Russia &/or China

than--- the ISIS or AQ Proxy Army of the USA NeoCons....
Where are these BoZo's from ?? Kenya too?

Just roll that thought around in your head for awhile.... Who Has the Better Proxy Army ?

the Russians & Chinese with a nuke power North Korea...(and ally Iran w/nukes)
OR
the USA with their RPG, Stinger missile, Sarin Gas, IED manufacturer ISIS & AQ Jihadists, a rag-tag force in comparison to NK

i'm afraid that even Trump is not thinking in those terms

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
You do give myself and others food for thought. Thanks for your input. I was looking for, but cannot find at the moment, a story online mentioning the fact that Chinese and Russian components have been verified as used on NK missiles recently. Not really a surprise of course. Just mentioning it as you brought the two countries up in your post.

I'll have to give your post some thought before intelligently discussing the proxy army angle you are mentioning.

But off the top of my head, whether NK can develop the systems you are mentioning domestically or not in the foreseeable future ...might be a moot point already. I'm pretty confident that they won't be allowed to research nuclear weapons or missile technology much longer. Right or wrong, I believe the Western powers as well as Japan have already committed to shutting it down. I think the timetable for some type of resolution will be measured in weeks and months and not another few years. Just my thoughts, and I don't know any more than anyone else, and much less than many.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The proxy Army angle made sense with the prvious N.K leader. Kim jong Un in that role, however, makes no sense. Considering N.K. media attacked China a couple of days ago, accusing them of betrayal and actually using the name China instead of the vague "other countries", I dont see them being the proxy army anymore.

N.K. actions have been causing massive issues for China. The deployment of THAAD because of N.K. nuke program and threats was the last thing China or Russia wanted. The current Chinese population does not view N.K. in the same fashion as the older generation does. They see N.K. as, essentially, a leach whose behavior threatens what China has built in terms of their economy.

With China recently publicly clarifying their position on the defense treaty with N.K., stating that certain provocations created by N.K. resulting in conflict would not meet the criteria for China to come to N.K.'s defense, i think was the writing on the wall for N.K.

There is discussion about replacing Un with his fathers brother, who is apparently well liked by the N.K. people and who was sent into "exile" as ambassador to the Czech republic to get him out of the way / lime light. China can either replace Un or have a united Korea under Seoul on their border. The latter being acceptable provided US forces remain south of the 38th parallel.

I think if Un sets off another nuke his days will be numbered - either by China via an internal coup or by the US, S. Korea and Japan.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

UNLESS one HAD the intellectual capability of recalling BOTH Iran and North Korea have SUBMARINES AND can correctly finish the Physics for cellphone users math problem 1+1.
As to your..." facts" you've CLEARLY shown you can't know based on language and deductive statement.
Must be ONE A those DNC Jihandists
edit on 3-5-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I must say, that if this development I present to you right here is true, then it's very disturbing.

Think "Cuban Missile Crisis".

N. Korea says Cuba's leader shows solidarity with Pyongyang in anti-U.S. front

This is an SK news outlet reporting this, and it's also NK whom is claiming it. If this is confirmed, however... Houston, we have a problem.
edit on 3-5-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
I must say, that if this development I present to you right here is true, then it's very disturbing.

This is an SK news outlet reporting this, and it's also NK whom is claiming it. If this is confirmed, however... Houston, we have a problem.

Why does this present a problem?

Did you expect any different, one marxist regime supporting another?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Why does this present a problem?

Really?

Oh I don't know.... how about a possible platform in which NK could now launch said outdated missile tech with nukes attached from Cuba? A mere 100 miles from the coast of Florida?

But whatever. Nah no biggie. Commies gonna be commies.

edit on 3-5-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
North Korean state media lashes out at main ally China
In rare rebuke, Korean news agency accuses China's media of 'dancing to the tune of the US' amid rising tensions.

North Korea has lashed out and its main ally China over criticism of its nuclear weapons programme, accusing "ignorant politicians and media persons" of undermining decades of close relations to side with the United States.

With tensions rising on the Korean Peninsula as a US aircraft carrier strike group is conducting war games with South Korea's navy, North Korea's state media took its counterpart in China to task on Wednesday over "absurd and reckless remarks" that are "dancing to the tune of the US".

"The DPRK will never beg for the maintenance of friendship with China," the commentary on the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said, using the acronym for the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

click link for article

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I see there's a few members here that must enjoy eating Crow... which will be served when we in the USA become aware that the NK foolishness was a trap to get us into military action against the 'lone-wolf/maverick state North Korea.

the task force might be steaming into a Box-Canyon off-the-coast-of-the-Korean Peninsula...a modern Pearl Harbor as it were

I suspect that Kim is 'behaving badly' is just the ploy to snare the West into the next generation technology the Russians or the Chinese will make available to their puppet state/Proxy Army

the stranded, sitting duck Task Force will have to stand down, be boarded, get towed then disassembled in a =n enemy port facility.... after which the USD will lose all favor with the world community, as the BRICS & SCO

BRICS is the acronym for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. Originally the first four were grouped as "BRIC", before the induction of South Africa in 2010. ./..

Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
The Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) is an intergovernmental organization composed of China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan founded in Shanghai in 2001.

take over as the preeminent powers on Earth

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Ironic you would mention eating crow and then post what you did.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
House passes bill to impose new sanctions on North Korea

The House overwhelmingly voted Thursday to impose new sanctions on North Korea amid heightened tensions over its nuclear and ballistic missile programs.

The vote, 419-1, targets North Korea’s shipping industry and use of slave labor.

It also requires that the Trump administration report to Congress within 90 days on whether North Korea should be reinstated on the government’s state sponsors of terror list. Such a designation would trigger more sanctions, including restriction on U.S. foreign assistance.
Specifically, the bill bars ships owned by North Korea, or by countries that refuse to comply with U.N. resolutions against it, from operating in American waters or docking at U.S. ports. Goods produced by North Korea's forced labor would be prohibited from entering the United States, according to the legislation.

Anyone who uses the slave labor that North Korea exports to other countries would be subject to sanctions under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, the bill states. At times when the nation is facing unusual or extraordinary threats, the president has wide authority under the law, including the power to block or prohibit transactions involving property located in the U.S.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Specifically, the bill bars ships owned by North Korea, or by countries that refuse to comply with U.N. resolutions against it, from operating in American waters or docking at U.S. ports. Goods produced by North Korea's forced labor would be prohibited from entering the United States, according to the legislation.

Which products would be made by forced labor over there and currently imported?

eta:
Found the list:
Bricks, Cement, Coal, Gold, Iron, Textiles and Timber...
link

edit on 4-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I don't think the Leader of Cuba (who is it now?) wants to have his island laid waste. Our non-nuke bombs would do that if Cuba allowed North Korea to put a Nuclear...no... ANY missiles there.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Can someone explain to me how sanctions punish the leadership, without punishing the men/women/children of a nation? I get the feeling that sanctions only hurt the population. A population that the dictatorship doesn't care about anyway.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

In the case of North Korea sanctions actually reduce / stop the flow of money going to the regime. The leader uses the money as a slush fund in addition to its military first policy. The N.K. government also prioritizes food to the military before the common people and the regime needs cash to support that.

The cash also goes to their nuke / missile programs. Not to mention keeping the elite in line and supportive of the regime.

In the case of N. K. sanctions have an impact, more so than the sanctions on Russia / other countries.
edit on 5-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That's good to hear Xcathdra. Thank-you for such a thorough explanation!

cwm

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Isn't this bizarre. The North Korean Army is (supposedly) being forced to watch a Godzilla Movie, to boost motivation and moral, ahead of what they feel will be an attack from America very soon.

Source - www.thesun.co.uk... -dad/

What's even more bizarre is that the 1 minute clip indicates that Godzilla(the USA) kicks the North Korean's butts.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Good luck to NK getting anything anywhere near Cuba without sinking it themselves first. They can't get a working missile any further than they can throw it, but getting ships, planes and subs with weapons cargo to the opposite side of the planet to Cuba, that'd be glitch-free.

I'm highly skeptical.

And Cuba is not suicidal. If they said anything at all, it's probably more akin to an awkward & gingerly delivered shoulder pat a la "Yeah buddy, ok" than a fist-bump, high-five & "I got your back, bro!"

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join