It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former State Department officials say high-level resignations are 'a huge blow'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

A mass exodus was underway at the State Department on Thursday as the department's entire senior level of management officials abruptly left positions they had held for years.

...Former State Department officials and foreign policy professionals who spoke to Business Insider noted that there is typically a high degree of turnover when new administrations are installed. But they all said that the abrupt and simultaneous exodus of senior management officials was unlike anything they'd seen before.

..."Competent deputies probably exist, but you don’t lose this much experience and get over it quickly," Cohen said in an email. "This is not like business, where you can just bring in new people and shake things up. Its a blow."

Former State Department officials say high-level resignations are 'a huge blow'

ATS should be all over this. It really is a HUGE blow. Government is not like business - there are protocols, laws, and regulations to be followed that cannot be brushed aside. Else the government risks operating illegally.

This administration is losing the key people who can help them deliver their policies legally.

"It would be a huge blow to any incoming administration, but it is particularly devastating for a new administration that is filled with novices devoid of practical, government experience," ...

..."If you're going to deliver a new policy, you need the senior professional people in place," Boucher said. "These are all people, including Pat Kennedy, who long served with distinction for both Republicans and Democrats."

Joe Cirincione, president of the global security foundation Ploughshares Fund, who has worked in national security in Washington for 35 years, said that it will be difficult to replace "the collective talent and experience of these officials."

First the scientists went rogue. Now this. What's next I wonder.

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Good riddance

Hopefully we can start with a clean slate. It would be nice to see the lobbyists clearing out like this too.

The problem is many of those people never worked a hard day in their lives and have an entitled attitude.

edit on 26-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

there are protocols, laws, and regulations to be followed that cannot be brushed aside

unless your Hillary clinton

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It would seem they were asked to resign by Mr. Obama's Administration prior to leaving office.

The departures were discussed at State Department Thursday morning meetings and a statement said all politically-appointed officers were asked to submit letters of resignation by the outgoing administration of Democrat Barack Obama in coordination with Trump's.

www.msn.com...

"This is not unusual, it's not a mass protest or a show of indignation," said one senior U.S. official.

So maybe not something to raise the alarm, most have agreed to stay on until replacements are named and in most of the positions they certainly would and should be replaced, the guy in charge of Diplomatic Security is leaving and after Benghazi, he should have been fired. And so far it is only 4 Senior Advisers so again I really do not see much to be alarmed about especially since they have agreed to stay in place performing the same duties until replacements are named

One individual who has been there over 30 years finally resigned, he has been a part of the system since 1973 and me thinks he was ready to go anyway, certainly of retirement age so see ya !
edit on 1/26/2017 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I don't believe this guy.....that it will be hard to recover. What a self serving statement. See ya!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ross Perot hears the giant sucking sound of the swamp draining.

I doubt the Trump Admin would trust anybody high level in any left over administration position without a full vetting.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Probably the Muslim Brotherhood bunch fleeing the sinking ship

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What's next?

Most likely something even bigger, in order for his handlers to unleash Hump, a Hulk like Trump creature that will then carry out the real agenda. Suppression of media and free speech, internet and so on, along with arresting those who oppose the oppression. I hope it doesn't end in martial law but if it does, hey, we'll all have Mattis to whip some sense into us worms.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is nothing a little butt hurt cream wouldn't fix.....

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I doubt you believe that!

Seriously, getting rid of a few 'obstructionists' is normal and expected. But not the whole lot! ...These people have knowledge and skills that are absolutely needed to run the country.

Do you honestly think a bunch of noobies can take over without making an impossible mess?

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I did years of time at the State Dept.

Good riddance to 'em. If only it were possible to easily scrape their cronies off at the secondary levels of leadership.

What serves as the State Department is one of the most overinflated personnel expenses in the gooberment. Think about what it really takes to support the ambassador. Got it fixed in your mind already. Only takes a few seconds.

Now fire everyone else!!

You would be astonished at how much these people are paid to accomplish so very little.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance, are these folks bureaucrats or diplomats?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Everything after former officials say is technically irrelevant.

edit on 26-1-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Anyone who worked side-by-side with Hillary is contaminated anyway.

Buh...Bye!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

There are individuals that have worked for them inside the State Department ready and willing to step in and take over if asked. A bunch of Noobies have had it for the last 8 years and didn't completely wreck it so I have full confidence that everything will continue to roll right along and perhaps even better than it has in the past now that some of the more established political hacks are out of the way...good bye and don't let the door hit you...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
It would seem they were asked to resign by Mr. Obama's Administration prior to leaving office.

The departures were discussed at State Department Thursday morning meetings and a statement said all politically-appointed officers were asked to submit letters of resignation by the outgoing administration of Democrat Barack Obama in coordination with Trump's.

www.msn.com...

"This is not unusual, it's not a mass protest or a show of indignation," said one senior U.S. official.

So maybe not something to raise the alarm, most have agreed to stay on until replacements are named and in most of the positions they certainly would and should be replaced, the guy in charge of Diplomatic Security is leaving and after Benghazi, he should have been fired. And so far it is only 4 Senior Advisers so again I really do not see much to be alarmed about especially since they have agreed to stay in place performing the same duties until replacements are named

One individual who has been there over 30 years finally resigned, he has been a part of the system since 1973 and me thinks he was ready to go anyway, certainly of retirement age so see ya !

Well, seems there is more to that story.

State Department officials traditionally submit their resignations at the beginning of every new administration as a sign of respect, but it is largely a symbolic gesture.

...Former State Department officials and foreign policy professionals ...noted that there is typically a high degree of turnover when new administrations are installed. But they all said that the abrupt and simultaneous exodus of senior management officials was unlike anything they'd seen before.

"This is unusual because it seems to be hitting the management folks, ...

"These are the people who maintain the embassies and ensure diplomats' security around the world, vet visa applicants, et cetera" Boucher said."They're the support apparatus the administration has to go through if they want their new policies to be delivered and implemented."

Eliot Cohen, a top official in George W. Bush's State Department and a professor at Johns Hopkins University, told Business Insider that he had "never heard of anything like this before."

And don't forget, "These are all people, including Pat Kennedy, who long served with distinction for both Republicans and Democrats."

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ooops.... There it is.............

Buck

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

We can find new, qualified people that want these jobs that are going to support the policies that benefit our country. If they don't want to be part of the solution then they are part of the problem.

Good riddance comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is so sweet to me. The more that abandon ship the better.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: 727Sky

I doubt you believe that!

Seriously, getting rid of a few 'obstructionists' is normal and expected. But not the whole lot! ...These people have knowledge and skills that are absolutely needed to run the country.

Do you honestly think a bunch of noobies can take over without making an impossible mess?

Number one : Where have you been ? Glad to see you posting again !

Number Two : There may be more truth in what I said than many would like to admit... I used to have a list of people with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood that were then installed into various branches of the government.. I no longer have the list.. for just like a great stateswoman said, "what difference does it make".

I would bet there are many things that will make a difference in the near future.. Muslim brotherhood or not..

Glad to see you back and active..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join