It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former State Department officials say high-level resignations are 'a huge blow'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
A "huge blow" like when anti-American celebrities promised to leave the country if Trump won?

A "huge blow" like when unhinged anti-trumpets set themselves on fire?

More "huge blows" please!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
a reply to: soficrow

The problem is many of those people never worked a hard day in their lives and have an entitled attitude.

Proper business? Law? Logistics? Who needs that junk, the Right now has PC, hardwork and 'manners'. They also think they're entitled to having opinions that are superior despite the lowest education, mainly because they pound their fists harder all day than anyone else.

It's like you people have never heard of working smart, not hard.

I understand you're talking specifically about lobbyists, but the fact is this attitude just extends into every educated field of industry and business and that's just retarded.

You know who has never worked a hard day in their life and is super entitled? Donald Trump. Does that mean you feel superior him too? Your opinion is truly derived from jealously. Just look when hypocrisy is available, Conservatives instantly snatch it. The "Democrats doing bad things" isn't a free pass to do whatever the hell you want. That's lost on most of you.
edit on 26-1-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
It would seem they were asked to resign by Mr. Obama's Administration prior to leaving office.

The departures were discussed at State Department Thursday morning meetings and a statement said all politically-appointed officers were asked to submit letters of resignation by the outgoing administration of Democrat Barack Obama in coordination with Trump's.

www.msn.com...

"This is not unusual, it's not a mass protest or a show of indignation," said one senior U.S. official.

So maybe not something to raise the alarm, most have agreed to stay on until replacements are named and in most of the positions they certainly would and should be replaced, the guy in charge of Diplomatic Security is leaving and after Benghazi, he should have been fired. And so far it is only 4 Senior Advisers so again I really do not see much to be alarmed about especially since they have agreed to stay in place performing the same duties until replacements are named

One individual who has been there over 30 years finally resigned, he has been a part of the system since 1973 and me thinks he was ready to go anyway, certainly of retirement age so see ya !

The article mentioned professional members, that would be non-politically appointed members of the State department leaving. The ones that are there between administrations doing the work and informing the political appointees.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I say that State isn't the only department that could use a culling.

After having read through the Judicial Watch transcripts (Mills' and Abedin's come to mind) it is apparent that there are entirely too many people working in government. I mean hell, they have to fill out a form to fill out forms...

How much redundancy is there in government that does not need to be there? Paper pushers and pencil sharpeners galore.

Good riddance!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Oh for the love of.....
beating the drama drum again? READ your own thread, four people plus a handful is NOT a crisis.

There is actually no one anywhere in their jobs who aren't replaceable and usually procedures are in place to provide a smooth transition. Should you see an actual exodus anywhere in government it's your clue the rats are abandoning ship and we'll be better off with someone who WANTS TO WORK.

That covers it all then.
Smooth transition eh! Thing is the nature of the work there is that people need to/have to work, on an ongoing basis day by day, often in a relationship with others, cultivated, technical and administrative.
As it happens, two people had already walked out, Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security Gregory Starr retired Jan. 20, and the director of the Bureau of Overseas Building Operations, Lydia Muniz, departed the same day.
As far as I can see, Kennedy was a sticky, one of the transition team, and he'll be gone at the end of the month.
Now, I know the two, "lazy's" who walked out would actually have to had to work in places abroad on occasion where I guess most of us would not like to be at any given time, so yes, there is a heavy loss that is not so easily glossed over as you would have it. That is Donald's loss, but I dare say his tweets will give them a tag, that they hurt his feelings or something..or maybe he won't mention them at all.

I'll give you kudos though for the subtle twisting of reality.
edit on 26-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

ATS should be all over this. It really is a HUGE blow. Government is not like business - there are protocols, laws, and regulations to be followed that cannot be brushed aside. Else the government risks operating illegally.

One thing to remember, there are 5 people that are ready and willing to do your job and most likely better than you can do it.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Not really... Top management is being cleared out. There are still people in place who know whats going on. This is nothing more than the media wanting something to bitch about. Like them bitching that Trump didnt wave goodbye as he entered Air Force 1. Given the fact one of the people who is out is Kennedy, who tried to pull a quid pro qou with the FBI over classified headings to assist Clinton, he not only should be out of a job but also prosecuted.
edit on 26-1-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You know, maybe they are trying to distract us and get out before the new administration finds how many things they hid.

Remember, Hillary did do things that were not right, and they probably only caught a fraction of them. They can't get fired if they resign.

that`s exactly what`s happening the guilty are leaving before they get fired.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Not really... Top management is being cleared out. There are still people in place who know whats going on. This is nothing more than the media wanting something to bitch about. Given the fact one of the people who is out is Kennedy, who tried to pull a quid pro qou with the FBI over classified headings to assist Clinton, he not only should be out of a job but also prosecuted.

How do you know? Specifics bitte.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

GOP calls mount for Patrick Kennedy's resignation after FBI revelations

Republicans pressured the State Department on Monday to remove Undersecretary for Management Patrick Kennedy after newly released FBI records showed he offered a "quid pro quo" with federal authorities during the Hillary Clinton email probe.

Documents revealed claims that Kennedy tried to horse-trade with the FBI, offering additional slots for the bureau overseas if they would de-classify a particular email from Clinton’s server marked “SECRET.” The files also revealed he repeatedly tried to “influence” the bureau’s decision when his offer was denied, even taking his plea up the chain of command. The allegation of a "quid pro quo" was first reported by Fox News on Saturday.

* - State Dept. official accused of offering 'quid pro quo' in Clinton email scandal
* - State Department's Kennedy blocks security investigations

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

A mass exodus was underway at the State Department on Thursday as the department's entire senior level of management officials abruptly left positions they had held for years.

...Former State Department officials and foreign policy professionals who spoke to Business Insider noted that there is typically a high degree of turnover when new administrations are installed. But they all said that the abrupt and simultaneous exodus of senior management officials was unlike anything they'd seen before.

..."Competent deputies probably exist, but you don’t lose this much experience and get over it quickly," Cohen said in an email. "This is not like business, where you can just bring in new people and shake things up. Its a blow."

Former State Department officials say high-level resignations are 'a huge blow'

ATS should be all over this. It really is a HUGE blow. Government is not like business - there are protocols, laws, and regulations to be followed that cannot be brushed aside. Else the government risks operating illegally.

This administration is losing the key people who can help them deliver their policies legally.

"It would be a huge blow to any incoming administration, but it is particularly devastating for a new administration that is filled with novices devoid of practical, government experience," ...

..."If you're going to deliver a new policy, you need the senior professional people in place," Boucher said. "These are all people, including Pat Kennedy, who long served with distinction for both Republicans and Democrats."

Joe Cirincione, president of the global security foundation Ploughshares Fund, who has worked in national security in Washington for 35 years, said that it will be difficult to replace "the collective talent and experience of these officials."

First the scientists went rogue. Now this. What's next I wonder.

Guess you dont live near DC. I do and have been here for 50 years. Whenever there is a new administration from the opposing party, the real estate market goes crazy. There is a mass exodus everytime the party changes. Get used to it and dont let the press trigger you.

Give up party affiliation. Start thinking for yourself. Make them beg you for your vote!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

A mass exodus was underway at the State Department on Thursday as the department's entire senior level of management officials abruptly left positions they had held for years.

That's no loss.

Between Clinton, and Kerry and others that make private servers with classified material in their basements possible.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I have watched several news interviews this evening discussing this.

The bottom line is...
The Trump administration asked for resignations of some political appointees in the State Department.
This is normal with a new administration.
But this time, they were asked to leave, and not asked to stay.
Patrick Kennedy was specifically mentioned. Apparently they have reasons to not trust these people.
This is a good move.

Scott Pruitt, Trump's appointee for the EPA, said he plans to reduce their workforce by 50%.

This downsizing of our federal government is long overdue.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Not really... Top management is being cleared out. There are still people in place who know whats going on. This is nothing more than the media wanting something to bitch about. Like them bitching that Trump didnt wave goodbye as he entered Air Force 1. Given the fact one of the people who is out is Kennedy, who tried to pull a quid pro qou with the FBI over classified headings to assist Clinton, he not only should be out of a job but also prosecuted.

Then of course there was the security mistake made on Benghazi. That's two of them I figure that's why Trump fired them by accepting there resignation. What I find funny is they never thought the administration would accept them since this would normally be just a political courtesy. What I'm wondering is if the Trump transition team knew this or just decided to break traditions??????

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Per Xcathra's post and the fact kennedy was due to retire your accusation I'm twisting reality is meritless.
I'll add again, no one is so important that they aren't replaceable.

Whining and crying because like every other administration change, people come and go is juvenile and shows a lack of historical knowledge.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

At the end of the day I don't think this administration gives two snorts about whether the policies that they implement are legal or not. I would guess they are grateful to have them gone; fewer people to call them on their crap.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Although I might be naive, I believe that Trump would have replace all those people anyway.

I don't think that his vision of the State Dept is the same as Obama's.

The group resignation seems a little junior high school ish to me

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ba-bye.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

You know who has never worked a hard day in their life and is super entitled? Donald Trump.

You might want to review what he has done in his life and since becoming president.. When HRC couldn't organize much less speak at more than a few rallies a week Trump was doing 3 and 4 a day..

He came to the White house prepared and organized and has done more in the last 5 days for America than most of the preceding presidents have done in an entire year.. Yep he has a different agenda.. Put America first, Jobs for Americans, and stop America from being screwed over with immigration from those who want to destroy western culture, open borders and laws ignored in the past are coming to an end along with sugar daddy trade policies....get used to it.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I think it was evident that Trump was going to clean house if he were elected. It is normal procedure for appointees to tender resignations, even if the same President is re-elected. It allows the President the option of hiring rather than firing people. Considering Trump and Obama had polar opposite ideas I dont understand why people are shocked resignations were accepted. Especially considering those involved in the scandals and coverups in the Obama administration.

Plus when you have outgoing Obama cabinet secretaries and Obama himself stating they are going to continue to go after Trump its only logical to further clean house to remove people who would decide to serve a ideology instead of the President. This country is best served when we have 1 President at a time.

Keeping Obama people would only undermine what it is Trump wants to accomplish.

Also to be clear these people were not fired. They resigned and their resignations were accepted. Fired would be like the director of Border patrol being asked to resign. Of course he can decline, in which case he would be told to leave.
edit on 26-1-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join