It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former State Department officials say high-level resignations are 'a huge blow'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
Although I might be naive, I believe that Trump would have replace all those people anyway.

I don't think that his vision of the State Dept is the same as Obama's.

The group resignation seems a little junior high school ish to me

Totally normal for this to happen and yes, he would dump them anyway.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

This downsizing of our federal government is long overdue.

You see this is the difference here. Obama saw that increasing Government jobs was a good thing since it provided people work. Trump sees increasing the private sector jobs while reducing Government expenditures is how it should be done....

Come on people left or right does anyone here feel this is wrong?

I just hope he goes after the education system where the bureaucracy of non-teachers getting huge salaries pretty much eats up most of the funds.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Most of his life's personal success is at the expense of others.

You might call that an accomplishment, but most of it is just positioning. Donald was even born into money.

People with money do things is what you're saying? Woooow.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You might be missing the point regarding who pays for all those extra people employed by the Government.
"We" pay them.
Our taxes could be put to better use than to pay people in a bloated government.
No business would survive if they operated like that.

As for education - Trump has said he wants to give power back to the states.
Another excellent move.
The Federal government should stay out of educating our children.
That is not in their job description.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
Although I might be naive, I believe that Trump would have replace all those people anyway.

I don't think that his vision of the State Dept is the same as Obama's.

The group resignation seems a little junior high school ish to me

Update:

This part isnt so normal:

Update: according to a CNN report - so as always take with lots of salt - the story has shifted materially, because according to two senior administration officials, it wasn't a resignation by the State Department officials, but more of a termination: "the Trump administration told four top State Department management officials that their services were no longer needed as part of an effort to "clean house" at Foggy Bottom."

Also:

A second official echoed that the move appeared to be an effort by the new administration to "clean house" among the State Department's top leadership. "The department will not collapse," the second official said. "Everyone has good deputies. It's a huge institutional loss, but the department has excellent subordinates and the career people will step up. They will take up the responsibility."

Although they were most likely going to leave, he threw them out!! LOL

"Clean house" - AKA Drain the swamp!!

Source

edit on 26-1-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
Ooops.... There it is.............

Buck

I see a few that are not X's.

Trump is not done. You folks need to quit worrying about this. It might not be normal but the last 8 years have been anything but and these folks played along.

Ever wonder why 4 Marine Generals?

link   
a reply to: soficrow

Trump said he was gonna drain the swamp, maybe its gonna be easier for him than he thought.H should definitely want to investigate all those that up and left, make sure no surprises left behind for him.

link   
How is it a huge blow? Warmongers and Interventionists won't be missed. Obama people with a neocon outlook on foreign policy are not needed, or welcome, in the new administration.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
GOP calls mount for Patrick Kennedy's resignation after FBI revelations

We know about Kennedy, and he gets to retire at the end of the month, and the results fare, courtesy the F.B.I. Comey is still in charge..after telling Trump about certain allegations about him on Russian intel.. yawn.
What about the others, you got something on them?
edit on 26-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

edit on 26-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This seems like a positive, not a negative.
Trump should be looking to remove every last senior employee who worked for Obama, so if they resign, great.
Those people simply can't be trusted.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I am at odds with Comey, not sure why he is still there..I want a good reason but can think of none...

Comey your fired.......Trey you busy?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: edsinger

Congress is by far the best place for Trey Gowdy to be. He already does so much good there. Moving him anywhere else, even if technically a promotion, would be wasting his considerable talents.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That's because they're all lying sacks of crap who are heavily involved in the militant uprisings in Syria and Libya.

Congressman Jason Chaffetz said the investigation into Clinton, emails etc hasn't stopped and there are multiple probes ongoing
Trumps in power now and is going to obliterate ISIS in Syria

The state Dept managers are jumping ship before evidence comes out of their hand in the uprisings.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

You might be missing the point regarding who pays for all those extra people employed by the Government.
"We" pay them.
Our taxes could be put to better use than to pay people in a bloated government.
No business would survive if they operated like that.

I might have miss worded my post... The Obama method is not good in any sense of the good...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

ObamaHillaryCo.'s state dept. of crooks and hatchetmen are fleeing their posts, and that's a bad thing?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Xcathdra
GOP calls mount for Patrick Kennedy's resignation after FBI revelations

We know about Kennedy, and he gets to retire at the end of the month, and the results fare, courtesy the F.B.I. Comey is still in charge..after telling Trump about certain allegations about him on Russian intel.. yawn.
What about the others, you got something on them?

I was talking about Kennedy and no where in my post did I say anything about the others... What are you CNN now?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: edsinger
I am at odds with Comey, not sure why he is still there..I want a good reason but can think of none...

Comey your fired.......Trey you busy?

Because FBI Directors hold10 year terms to try and raise them above politics. The only way he leaves is if he resigns or he is fired and thus far President B. Clinton is the only President to fire the head of the FBI mid term. Comey has 6 years of his 10 year term left.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: Caver78

Yes, as I already posted:

State Department officials traditionally submit their resignations at the beginning of every new administration as a sign of respect, but it is largely a symbolic gesture.

...Former State Department officials and foreign policy professionals ...noted that there is typically a high degree of turnover when new administrations are installed. But they all said that the abrupt and simultaneous exodus of senior management officials was unlike anything they'd seen before.

"This is unusual because it seems to be hitting the management folks, ...

"These are the people who maintain the embassies and ensure diplomats' security around the world, vet visa applicants, et cetera" Boucher said. "They're the support apparatus the administration has to go through if they want their new policies to be delivered and implemented."

Eliot Cohen, a top official in George W. Bush's State Department and a professor at Johns Hopkins University, told Business Insider that he had "never heard of anything like this before."

And don't forget, "These are all people, including Pat Kennedy, who long served with distinction for both Republicans and Democrats."

Patrick Kennedy is far from being an example of someone who served with distinction.

His long history of scandals excludes him from this.

Examples:
1. Nairobi and Benghazi he was exonerated of security failures because he didn't know enough about security. (Hardly someone who would be considered excellent above those of the noobies crew.)

2. He offered a quid pro quo for lower classification of a Clinton server email and then went even higher up the chain to plead his case.

Just to name a few - all can be backed up by googling it.

I'm glad he is gone.

Sounds like he did a bang up job. pun intended...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orwells Ghost
Forgive my ignorance, are these folks bureaucrats or diplomats?

More the former than the latter.

They are puppets for the special interest establishment puppet masters and the elite. When they come out of the shadows far enough you can even see their strings!

ETA...and, on a more serious note, when you step back and look at the state of world affairs and US diplomatic relations one must simply ask...how could you possibly do worse????? GOOD RIDDANCE!!

edit on 1/27/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
More liberals throwing temper tantrums when they didn't get their way.

Boo Hoo.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join