It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump announces 5,000 new border agents and tripling of Ice agents to go with wall at DHS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I'm obviously NOT doing that. That's a deflection.

I am saying that's the reality. That's what employers who hire illegals do.

They aren't stealing tech jobs, s and IT jobs and the kind of jobs that America needs to be competitive in the 21st century.

The 'service economy' is not going to Make America Great again.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I never thought of that, electronic fingerprints. So, now when a local policeman or ICE agent wants to visit a church, small business, landlord, farmer, or family to see if any assistance is being given, they can quickly check fingerprints of everyone there, everyone they talk to, whoever answers the door.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Are you aware of how many gang members are illegal immigrants? And the Connection to the cartel? And the drug problems by the border? And the crimes associated with all of this? To be fair even if its 50/50 law abiding/criminal you can guarantee more then 50 percent of the young ones will grow into gangs.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Mexico is paying for it, remember? Or has that changed?

*tongue firmly planted in cheek*
edit on 1/25/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: stosh64

I can't wait to see Trump raise the debt by another several trillion dollars in his first 6 months in office.

Oh it's gonna be funny.

~Tenth

Every administration has been busy building the massive wall of debt. I'm sure this one will be adding the wall of debt as well.
Keep kicking the can down the road.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I can't wait to see Trump raise the debt by another several trillion dollars in his first 6 months in office.

Oh it's gonna be funny.

~Tenth

If that's the case then it was damn right HILAROUS that the last guy created new taxes,raised taxes, and double the national debt in eight years.

Spending more than everyone that came before him, and didn't even break 3% GDP.

Now if the wall actually goes up.

People get deported.

No more habitual offenders.

Means less of those people on WELFARE programs that create that debt.

Compound that if Trump delivers on cutting regulations. That will create more tax revenue. I know it sounds like an oxymoron.

Means less people/less monies spent on social engineering programs.

Which ever way it goes.

Trump has to go $10 trillion before his critics get to cry about it.
edit on 25-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Are you aware of how many gang members are illegal immigrants? And the Connection to the cartel?

I don't think anybody knows that. I certainly haven't seen any stats. Nor do I think even 25% would be gang members.

The Mexican/Latino whatever else you wanna call it block is the fastest growing demographic in the USA. And that's not the illegal ones.

And the drug problems by the border?

You should ask the CIA and the DEA about why there's so many drugs that come across the border, you'll find that they've been in the business of KEEPING the drug trade alive for a long time.

o be fair even if its 50/50 law abiding/criminal you can guarantee more then 50 percent of the young ones will grow into gangs.

No, that's just painting with a really really wide brush. Considering that half of illegals are women and children, who aren't likely to be gang members, or grow up to join gangs ( unless their family was already involved etc).

What you're describing is just opinion of demographics, which isn't supported by the stats that the DOJ collects on these sort of things. Besides, it's better for a cartel to hire actual citizens as opposed to sending illegals, for a variety of obvious reasons, like no restrictions on travel, access to gov services etc.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
old story from 2009 ... lots of links

Illegal Immigrant Gangs Commit Most U.S. Crime

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I'm not sure how to link but

www.dailywire.com...

Sorry could you teach me how to properly link a site? Thanks

Edit: nevermind
edit on 25-1-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The Obama Foundation should pay for the bloody wall.

And whatever assets they can cease from the Clinton Foundation.

link   
Who the hell is gonna pick all the vegtables tho?

link   

originally posted by: desert
Anybody have any info on if they will be fining/locking up anyone/employer who hires a worker illegally? The exec order says "to assess and collect from aliens unlawfully present in the United States and from those who facilitate their presence in the United States" Will that include landlords who rent to non-citizens here illegally?

Good question! Also, does this mean that the sanctuary cities may be assessed and fined as well? If so, smart way to pay for the additional workers!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
I'd rather see money put into fixing our infrastructure.
The Wall seems foolish to me, and the cost will be even more so. 5000 can't cover a border and a 10 foot fence can't beat an 11 foot ladder. If he thinks borders are so important why not one with Canada?

Trump's order calls for an additional 10,000 immigration officers. Not 5,000.
There are currently more than 20,000.
www.ice.gov...
I think that increasing from 20,000 to 30,000 should significantly increase their ability to do their job.

Sec. 7. Additional Enforcement and Removal Officers. The Secretary, through the Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, shall, to the extent permitted by law and subject to the availability of appropriations, take all appropriate action to hire 10,000 additional immigration officers, who shall complete relevant training and be authorized to perform the law enforcement functions described in section 287 of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1357).

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Marco Rubio has claimed, which has not been debunked, that 40% of people in this country who are here illegally overstayed their visas. They did not climb/dig under a wall.

So, if now there are fines and penalties for anyone who "facilitates their presence", be prepared for an ICE agent to knock on your door to inquire about a relative or friend (whom you may not know has an expired visa) and to inquire if you have provided assistance (room, ex.).

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The links in that report are all dead. The most important one from the DOJ is anyway.

~Tenth
edit on 1/25/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Which jobs might I ask?

Picking fruit in southern California for 6 bucks an hour? Cleaning staff? Maids? Gardeners?

Illegals do all the jobs that regular Americans don't want to do or that employers aren't willing to pay them a decent wage to do.

There are no jobs, because all your corporations exported them. That's no an illegal immigration problem. That's a economic issue caused by tax system that rewards them for doing so.

The jobs issue is not an immigration issue, is a corporate greed issue. Also education, cause Americans are laughably ill educated for the jobs of the 21st century.

~Tenth

now the wages will rise because you have no ILLEGAL workers. Companies still have to produce so you have to have a workforce. Less to go around, supply demand at its finest.

link   
originally posted by: desert

a reply to: Alien Abduct
I never thought of that, electronic fingerprints. So, now when a local policeman or ICE agent wants to visit a church, small business, landlord, farmer, or family to see if any assistance is being given, they can quickly check fingerprints of everyone there, everyone they talk to, whoever answers the door.

Yikes. That concept is a bit spidey, isn't it?

Let us not march too quickly towards Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

a reply to: BlueAjah

Somebody should ask him what that's all going to cost.

~Tenth

Average pay for border patrol is close to 50K so about a quarter of a billion per year just for their pay. The cost of their equipment including vehicles and expenditures will be multiples more. If they are successful then we can also expect a dramatic rise in the cost of produce.

It will be interesting to see how things work out.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

And, the new ICE enforcers could visit employers, landlords, small businesses, farmers, churches, landlords, and families to look for those here illegally, whether they have no papers or the 40% who overstayed visas (someone's grandmother, ex).

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: ugmold
I'd rather see money put into fixing our infrastructure.
The Wall seems foolish to me, and the cost will be even more so. 5000 can't cover a border and a 10 foot fence can't beat an 11 foot ladder. If he thinks borders are so important why not one with Canada?

Trump's order calls for an additional 10,000 immigration officers. Not 5,000.
There are currently more than 20,000.
www.ice.gov...
I think that increasing from 20,000 to 30,000 should significantly increase their ability to do their job.

Sec. 7. Additional Enforcement and Removal Officers. The Secretary, through the Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, shall, to the extent permitted by law and subject to the availability of appropriations, take all appropriate action to hire 10,000 additional immigration officers, who shall complete relevant training and be authorized to perform the law enforcement functions described in section 287 of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1357).

Great, now do the math and try not to cry. What a waste.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join